You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Funnneeeee 'slams' Gerrard for inability to be a defensive midfielder

Gym Beglin

It is a bit shite that we haven't sorted this out without the need for Stevie to be talking to the papers about it. Everybody knows the contract situation, I can't imagine the club or he wants him going anywhere else.

So rather than have this shite why couldn't they just agree it all do the extension, make the stevie will finish his career here speech and get on with it, rather than allow the feeding frenzy in the media.

• Upvote 1

It would take some big balls from Brendan to wave Gerrard off to the MLS and bring someone like Song in, but I do think it may be for the best for both Gerrard and club. I don't think he's mobile enough to play in such a dynamic (or aspirationally dynamic) as ours.

• Upvote 1

Last May he was in the team of the year, he's still our best midfielder, would be foolish to let him leave when he's still got plenty to offer

I would've made the team of the year with Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge in front of me, and Henderson doing all my running!

I'd also like to put on record that Emre Can is our future. Once Rossiter comes through, the two of them are going to be ridiculous in midfield.

• Downvote 1

Suprised at this, would have thought he'd like to go out at the top not grabbing a game here and there with tiring legs. I imagine some kind of coaching/playing Giggs-esque situation will be forthcoming. Not a lot of captain material in our squad though it must be said.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It was a standard answer for a standard question, so let's all lose our shit...

This forum would have about 12 posts per week if people stopped needlessly losing their shit.

• Upvote 1