You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

BenSmith @BenSmithBBC

#LFC still waiting for response from Alexis Sanchez, which doesn't bode very well with Arsenal and Juventus very keen.

Looks like he's not coming then...time to shit or get off the fucking pot then Barcelona.

Ben Smith might want to read other media sources.

Barca will know what the release clause is through Suarez. They just want him on the cheap.

There is a report in the El Pais newspaper suggesting that we had agreed 63 million due to his biting incident.

Has to be bullshit that, Why would we take less because he's done something he's done twice before? It makes absolutely no sense especially considering everyone's favourite club to have a wank over because they're made out to be a club channeling Ghandi that "does things the right way" are the ones bidding for him.

I don't even buy that he really prefers Barca that much either, he was supposedly all about Real Madrid last summer when he dreamed of playing for "Los Blancos". He might well end up at Barca one day but if they and/or the player think they can bullshit us into some £10-£20 lower fee then our valuation hopefully we prove them wrong. If Sanchez really doesn't want to come here as reported then it should definitely be full ask or fuck off.

Oddly enough, even this doesn't make me dislike Barcelona as much as Real but I'm certain sure who I'd rather the club be negoitating with and it's not the fucking catalans.

If we win the CL, Prem, FA Cup League Cup, and a series of 5v5 celebrity kick arounds, he's still going to want to go.

Our only worry is if he bites someone again, which he will, the dude is escalating. Until then, get the armoured trucks Barca, with loads of brown bags with pound signs on them backed up to Anfield. 

Maybe it's been mentioned, but Zuniga breaks Neymar's back, puts him out of the World Cup, and yet there's nothing said?

In my eyes, his is a more cowardly act than the bite.

Plenty apparently being said in Brazil.

Not sure about more cowardly than a bite, but it's in the same realm for sure.

Bascombe saying that Arsenal are confident that Sanchez has turned us down.

Pointing more and more to Barcelona having to cough up way more than what they're willing in order to get Suarez.

Other option as far as they're concerned is we back down and look like prize pricks in doing so...which isn't gonna happen.

Stalemate.

Maybe it's been mentioned, but Zuniga breaks Neymar's back, puts him out of the World Cup, and yet there's nothing said?

In my eyes, his is a more cowardly act than the bite.

The BBC's position seems to be that if it's the sort of thing that Alan Shearer used to do when Alan Shearer played football - elbowing, breaking bones, kicking people in the head - then it's OK.

Plenty apparently being said in Brazil.

Not sure about more cowardly than a bite, but it's in the same realm for sure.

Maybe cowardly is the wrong term.

But Neymar had his back to Zuniga, and he comes through him with his knee up. There was/is a lot more chance to do damage with that challenge than the bite, and it was arguably more intentional.

So until someone gives me a better term to use, I'm gonna stick with cowardly.

Maybe cowardly is the wrong term.

But Neymar had his back to Zuniga, and he comes through him with his knee up. There was/is a lot more chance to do damage with that challenge than the bite, and it was arguably more intentional.

So until someone gives me a better term to use, I'm gonna stick with cowardly.

Nup, cowardly is definitely the right term in my view. Just don't have it down as more cowardly than a bite.

But potato.......erm...potato.

Not sure if these quotes are accurate but this guy does seem on the ball with South American stuff.

@Zizouology: Uruguay manager Óscar Tabárez says Suárez told him there was an agreement between Barça & LFC in November but later LFC decided to back-out.

@Zizouology: Ó. Tabárez on LFC backing-out from Suárez-Barça agreement: "He got word of this a day after win v ENG. He was upset. His head was elsewhere"

Not sure if these quotes are accurate but this guy does seem on the ball with South American stuff.

@Zizouology: Uruguay manager Óscar Tabárez says Suárez told him there was an agreement between Barça & LFC in November but later LFC decided to back-out.

@Zizouology: Ó. Tabárez on LFC backing-out from Suárez-Barça agreement: "He got word of this a day after win v ENG. He was upset. His head was elsewhere"

If that is true,he bit for freedom.

So we agree something with Barca in November, but then give him a stonking new contract in December?

And Barcelona dealing directly with the club, and not sneakily going direct to the player/agent first?

Bollox.

• Upvote 1

As the deal gets closer to completion, it's only to be expected that the blame will be shifted onto us from Uruguay's view. It's not Fifa's fault any more as they're the ones who'll reduce the ban, it couldn't possibly be Suarez' fault, so the only ones left are us.

I fully expect the whole "I would've stayed but they broke promises" angle, maybe even with a few digs at the club over the Evra affair.

It's all part of the transfer dance.

Barca are gonna fuck about until late in the window looking for every possible way to bring the price down, and hopefully Henry and Co have the balls to tell them it's not happening at that point. Would be hilarious if the release clause only took effect with us not being in the CL and Suarez agent' once again dropped the ball on that. That said I do think if Barca stump up the cash we sell irregardless of how late in the window it is.