You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

IF that is true, it paints a different picture of his bites, all of which happened when he was wanting out.

That's fair interesting.

He leaves Holland while suspended for biting.

He suspended for us for biting and tries to get a move to Arsenal.

Now he wants to move to Barca, and he's suspended for biting again.

That's way too much of a coincidence for it to...ah...be a coincidence.

That's fair interesting.

He leaves Holland while suspended for biting.

He suspended for us for biting and tries to get a move to Arsenal.

Now he wants to move to Barca, and he's suspended for biting again.

That's way too much of a coincidence for it to...ah...be a coincidence.

Maybe a transfer ban would be more apt everytime he bites someone.

• Upvote 1

It's funny isn't it, when suarez was signing his new deal there were reports in the mirror for example that the clause was 100m and even higher for an English club.

Now it's 60 odd.

Basically nobody knows, but it better represent his value, which is a a lot closer to 100m than it is 60

SO much depends on who is putting the clause there, and therefore for whose benefit.

A club doesn't usually need to put in a clause because it can simply refuse an offer as it pleases, but a player (typically) will want assurances that should some fantastic opportunity arise, his current club won't hold him back. Therefore, the clause is (typically) put in to protect the player's interests.

However, then comes the level it's set at. The club will state 'OK, we promise not to hold you back, but you can't go for any old price, we'd need decent compensation (a decent fee)'. 

If the club set that fee too high, the player will moan they've priced him out of the market, and if it's too low, the club will moan. I'd guess that prior to last season, he was a 70m player with baggage. So let's say, 60m+ even with the baggage.

After this last season, his stock got even higher... and must have been up at 80m+ (but would Liverpool have changed the contract to reflect this?). But then came along the third bite. 

Honestly, I'd guess he is still hovering around the 70m threshold, with Barca wanting to drive that down a little due to recent events, while Liverpool are sticking to their guns. Only now, Liverpool are more tempted to sell him, and recent incoming players suggest they're expecting him to leave now (and thus recoup the money spent).

I still believe Barca have been tapping him up, and should be investigated for it. As much as I loathe the press, they seemed to know Barca expected him to apologise (which he then did), and they orchestrated PR where they praised him for such a 'brave apology'. 

Whichever clubs are genuinely in for Sanchez, they'll all be pressing him to put pen to paper soon otherwise he'll look like he's hesitating too long, and clubs will want to start 'plan B' deals instead. 

I can't see any reason why he'd dismiss Liverpool out of hand, other than a bruised ego of being part of a swap deal. Liverpool offers every bit as much as Arsenal does, and probably favours his playing style better too.

• Upvote 2

Im sorry . im not having the bite was pre meditated to seal a move away to Barca. I think people are underestimating how much he loves playing for his country, especially in a World Cup.

100% agree. It doesn't stack up.

If they were already going out of the World Cup, I could buy into it, but they weren't. I cannot believe he'd risk being sent off, and cost his country (and himself) a place in the next round.

Whatever short fuse he's got just kicks in. Very little rationale or logic to it. 

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Now, I've liked Barca for a very long time, but this is out of order. Whoever sanctioned this is a fucking tit.

Luis-Suarez.jpg