You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

If there is a clause, there is nothing to negotiate, Barca can pay the clause value upfront and fuck off.

Sanchez doesn't want to join us. He would rather go to Arsenal or Juve.

We are probably still negotiating the payment structure and trying to ascertain whether Sanchez wants to come.

I don't see why people are convinced he doesn't want to. Unless you were just being generally pessimistic of course, in which case I'm happy to join you.

We are probably still negotiating the payment structure and trying to ascertain whether Sanchez wants to come.

I don't see why people are convinced he doesn't want to. Unless you were just being generally pessimistic of course, in which case I'm happy to join you.

That is what is being reported by TV3 the Catalan channel. 

Barca need the money in the bank before they agree to pay us for Suarez.

TV3

So more guess work?

Sanchez obviously has options, he's obviously considering them, I highly doubt he would point blank refuse discussions of any kind.

I doubt he'll agree to come to us but the fact we're publicly in discussions with his current club says to me we're in the mix.

Sanchez probably doesn't want to leave Barca so will be trying to stay or get a fat pay off to move. His team of advisors would be incompetent if they weren't leaking stories to get him the best deal from any party.

So more guess work?

Sanchez obviously has options, he's obviously considering them, I highly doubt he would point blank refuse discussions of any kind.

I doubt he'll agree to come to us but the fact we're publicly in discussions with his current club says to me we're in the mix.

Sanchez probably doesn't want to leave Barca so will be trying to stay or get a fat pay off to move. His team of advisors would be incompetent if they weren't leaking stories to get him the best deal from any party.

Would an article in the echo suggest its all guesswork?

• Upvote 1

I know I'm stupid... but, if we don't get exactly what we want, we don't have to sell him, right?

What the papers say we want or the value of the release clause is not what we will accept,

Similarly Barca will pay more than the headline number papers are reported they are prepared to pay ."Realistic expectations on both sides" is the only credible quote we have had from the club. That screams we will meet in the middle to me. The rest has been scribblers filling copy. I think we should cut the club some slack on this. The decision in principle has been made to sell Suarez and its going to take some major backsliding by Barca now to prevent the deal going through. We don't know the details of what led to the decision to sell, Maybe we had an agreement with the player to let him have a smooth exit if he shut up and signed his new contract, maybe the latest biting incident prompted that decision, maybe he was just becoming too toxic and high maintenance . None of us know and the truth is probably a combination of these factors and others we have no idea about.  If I had to guess the hold u is for Barca to work on Sanchez and raise the finances .

What I believe is that they would keep Suarez if they realistically could and this decision has not been easy

Regardless of Sanchez coming here or not, it would be extremely negligent to say the least if we didn't have a pretty extensive list of players in mind with the money received from his transfer. I reckon we've known for some time that he's off this summer.