You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jon Flanagan

Coro

Im not finished yet.

I did say we could win the league and out both cups early or finish seventh again and be out both cups early.

And even if it was proved that I was incorrect with some points does not negate the fact that you have written off Flannagan cos hes scouse and can tackle basically, even at worst a broken clock is right twice a day and you should have your nose rubbed in John's next pile of poo. While Glen urinates on your face.

Sadly there is little justice in the world so the limited minds of the TLW crew will I fear be forever sniffening your winnets led by the least amongst them intoxicated by the emitted ego fumes that emanate thus forgive them lord. .

I can always draw comfort from the overflowing overdraft that is the truth, you sad urban puust you, if there was a sentence to be handed down to you then I suggest you spend an eternity with a ball and a wall where you might learn to kick it when your hearts really in cricket.

I've just re watched the match and just before kick off, Martin Tyler said flanno is up against an established premier league and England player, Aaron Lennon.

After another solid performance, against a established premier league and 'England' player, surely he's got to get a call up to the England team for the friendlies before the World Cup.

Oh, he was in the fiveways chippy last night too. Good lad.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He can be guilty of switching off at set pieces a bit, but for his age, what a talent and a huge prospect.

No issues from me about him on set pieces. That's something he can work on and improve over time. It'd help him if our experienced centre backs could defend them better.

My issue is in a lack of certain natural abilities. I think those things will eventually stop him becoming a top player. For now, though, he is making the best of himself and is strong and aggressive in tackles.

No issues from me about him on set pieces. That's something he can work on and improve over time. It'd help him if our experienced centre backs could defend them better.

My issue is in a lack of certain natural abilities. I think those things will eventually stop him becoming a top player. For now, though, he is making the best of himself and is strong and aggressive in tackles.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh but it was his positioning for the Ki goal that sticks in my memory and there have been a few decision making decisions I would question but like I said earlier what a prospect.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Maybe I'm a bit harsh but it was his positioning for the Ki goal that sticks in my memory and there have been a few decision making decisions I would question but like I said earlier what a prospect.

No, not at all. You're spot on. He more than played his part in that. I just think that those are things he CAN work on. There are several things he can. Those are my reservations. I hope he can really kick on, though; the more local lads the better.

No, not at all. You're spot on. He more than played his part in that. I just think that those are things he CAN work on. There are several things he can. Those are my reservations. I hope he can really kick on, though; the more local lads the better.

'there's just so much missing from his game'

From that I'd say you don't think he's good enough. What are these natural abilities that you say he lacks?

'there's just so much missing from his game'

From that I'd say you don't think he's good enough. What are these natural abilities that you say he lacks?

Its odd isnt it, he doesnt actually make a criticism of him in terms of what he offers, its sneering snobbery, he likens him to Downing and says flannagan is coming from a 'low starting point', whatever that means for someone who made his debut in a 3–0 win against Man City aged 18 he could only be referring to his background or something since he followed that masterful performance up with a stormer against Arsenal and then another clean sheet when we beat Birmingham 5-0 and went on to win our young player of the season award. I suppose thats why you should avoid him for the same reason he has avoided your question, that he is a snob. Spelt with a silent S.

• Upvote 3