You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guitar enthusiasts.

withnail71

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

This was delivered to me today. I’m like a kid on Christmas morning 

IMG_3590.jpeg

Is that a Baja? Edit: nope, not a Baja, 6 nickel saddles.

The body looks a bit too poly to be a 52 reissue.

BSB black guard teles cannot be beaten imo

34 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Is that a Baja? Edit: nope, not a Baja, 6 nickel saddles.

The body looks a bit too poly to be a 52 reissue.

BSB black guard teles cannot be beaten imo

More a 62.  The player series they call it.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, stringvest said:

I've got a Japanese Tele from early 2000s.  Hardly play it, though that's down to my lack of competence on the guitar.

That'll be decent, I have an '83 butterscotch JV Tele (one of the first Japanese made under license from fender) it plays like an absolute dream. Far too good a guitar for me.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, stringvest said:

I've got a Japanese Tele from early 2000s.  Hardly play it, though that's down to my lack of competence on the guitar.

You're primarily a bass player, right?  Or am I misremembering something from a drunken TSOP?

I need a new bass this year I think, got rid of mine and now really want to get back into it. Thanks mainly to this popping up on the algorithm: 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

You're primarily a bass player, right?  Or am I misremembering something from a drunken TSOP?

no mate, normally a singer and occasionally keys player.  I'm worse on the guitar than I am on the keyboard :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, elvis said:

That'll be decent, I have an '83 butterscotch JV Tele (one of the first Japanese made under license from fender) it plays like an absolute dream. Far too good a guitar for me.

No such things as 'too good for you.' If you like it and can afford it,go for it.

• 3 weeks later...

My lad took up playing last year and bought himself a Fender Redondo electro-acoustic the same time he bought my grandson his Yamaha as recommended by Howie.

He's doing pretty well tbh and decided he wants to go electric.

He's been talking about getting a Les Paul but there's always something else that prevents him from pulling the trigger. Life eh.

I've been thinking about treating him and spotted this.

https://www.kennysmusic.co.uk/vintage-v100-reissued-electric-guitar-honeyburst-p7753

Opinions would be appreciated.

8 hours ago, Harry's Lad said:

My lad took up playing last year and bought himself a Fender Redondo electro-acoustic the same time he bought my grandson his Yamaha as recommended by Howie.

He's doing pretty well tbh and decided he wants to go electric.

He's been talking about getting a Les Paul but there's always something else that prevents him from pulling the trigger. Life eh.

I've been thinking about treating him and spotted this.

https://www.kennysmusic.co.uk/vintage-v100-reissued-electric-guitar-honeyburst-p7753

Opinions would be appreciated.

They are an excellent value for money brand of guitars,the Vintage brand. The only one of those I picked up was an older version and it was heavy as fuck,but I'm told they are much lighter now. Good choice there mate. 

• Upvote 1