You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

No they would still have £15m spent more than they have brought in.

Thats before you calculate the agents fees and payoffs, not sure what they add up to but Im sure numero will help you formulate that figure since its the new precedent for net spend.

So thats £20m spent more than us when you add in the minus £5m we bring to the party.

We should be spending more than them. If we are serious, I never thought we would do anything remotely like that since we are not and have not been serious playahz in the transfer market or managerial market under FSG.

Maybe it will all magically come together though and fly in the face of anything thats ever happend before.

Thats before you calculate the agents fees and payoffs, not sure what they add up to but Im sure numero will help you formulate that figure since its the new precedent for net spend.

So thats £20m spent more than us when you add in the minus £5m we bring to the party.

We should be spending more than them. If we are serious, I never thought we would do anything remotely like that since we are not and have not been serious playahz in the transfer market or managerial market under FSG.

Maybe it will all magically come together though and fly in the face of anything thats ever happend before.

I'm sorry, but unless my maths is wildly off that just isn't true.

Have you taken into account the players they've sold already?

We have never been playahz from the moment Chelsea strolled into town and bought every cunt going!

Collymore was the last time we shared top billing with United, since then they have rode of into the sunset and beyond financially - joined by Chelsea and their noisey naybours!

And there is every possibility that the £20m (ish) difference that you are so fixated on at the moment will disapear by the 3rd of September! It might not, but I would say the odds are that at least one player will arive - i'm also doubtful that they will buy Lamela, as it seems it was Roma who were doing all the running after they heard there was some news kids in town spending money like no tomorra!

We have never been playahz from the moment Chelsea strolled into town and bought every cunt going!

Collymore was the last time we shared top billing with United, since then they have rode of into the sunset and beyond financially - joined by Chelsea and their noisey naybours!

And there is every possibility that the £20m (ish) difference that you are so fixated on at the moment will disapear by the 3rd of September! It might not, but I would say the odds are that at least one player will arive - i'm also doubtful that they will buy Lamela, as it seems it was Roma who were doing all the running after they heard there was some news kids in town spending money like no tomorra!

It could do, given Rodgers comment about having to sell to buy I doubt it. Speculating here based on the patterns Ive seen but it seems that Suarez would go or had gone for £40m to £50m we planned then on getting someone in for £25-£30m to replace him.

If we were to spend £20m to £30m on someone between now and the end of the transfer window without selling anyone I'll eat my hat.

Im sure we will be linked with those sort of players but if we were serious we would have signed someone, we would have a list and we would be working on several at once who the committee had previously agreed would improve us and we would be buying them. Instead of low bids here and there or no bids or being linked with players who are never gonna come and we know it.

Thats my take on it, lets see if FSG prove me wrong, go on Brendan prove my idiocy in claiming you have to sell to buy, I want to be an idiot its less depressing by far. A happy idiot instead of a negative genius Id take that any day. Henry Im here for the taking, just go out and spend, spend, spend I'll look a right half wit then, Im pleading with you I want to be wrong, I want to believe, I want to waltz into the Liverpool store and blow loads of silly money on Warrior garbage for my kids, shorts and a scarf on, and maybe a lfc mug for tha wife. I cant do it though, cos your not setting an example, relative to your income, if your not gonna splurge am not gonna splurge you've got to speculate to accumulate, what you mean the players arent good enough, you think I think the merchandise you sell in the shop at 100% mark up is worth the outlay?

You think its quality shit do you that shite you ask us to buy?

You want to drape all that warrior shit all over your nice respectable house?

Thought not, get spending then you fuck.

The kids are waiting John, they still have the last adidas kit, they see Willan going to spurs and they shed a tear, they want the warrior shite and they know if he signs for them that will be them for an other season, their room is stocked full of toys and a warm bed each but they're locked out of it and must sleep in the shed, I confiscated their sweets allowance when we got rid of Downing without a replacement. 'But Cissokho' they cried, 'free transfer, get to bed'.

Its how its going down, eye for an eye John.

Yeah' date=' but they'll have got a fuck load of good players. Which renders this net spend comparison a bit useless. It's all about getting the right players in, and they certainly seem to be doing that.[/quote']

It's annoying me how everything is about sums of money, valuations, fees, wages, etc. It's just about improving the team, simple as that.

Spurs have only spent £22m net in the transfer window

Spurs have only spent £22m net in the transfer window | Spurs News and Rumours | Tottenham Hotspur News

Liverpool Lose Willian as Spurs Splash Bale Money - The Liverpool Offside

It is, however, a move that brings Tottenham's net spend this summer—already at £45M before the Willian deal—to a staggering £75M.

Mine was a best case scenario Babb son, theres bigger figures out there if you really want to get depressed start reading the stuff above and it will go downhill for you from there. Spurs fans are actually complaining theyve only spent £20m net thus far.

It's annoying me how everything is about sums of money, valuations, fees, wages, etc. It's just about improving the team, simple as that.

Not though is it Brown, its about improving the team RELATIVE to other teams above us. Unless we want to stand still.

For example we sign Michu tomorrow, that would improve us, but if the teams above us and below us all go out and buy a better player each then we have improved ourselves but relative to ourselves but that means nothing if the other teams have improved themselves more. Ya get me?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Word on the twitter street is that it broke down because we refused to pay the agents 5 million quid. No idea if it's true.

Spurs have only spent £22m net in the transfer window

Spurs have only spent £22m net in the transfer window | Spurs News and Rumours | Tottenham Hotspur News

Liverpool Lose Willian as Spurs Splash Bale Money - The Liverpool Offside

Mine was a best case scenario Babb son, theres bigger figures out there if you really want to get depressed start reading the stuff above and it will go downhill for you from there. Spurs fans are actually complaining theyve only spent £20m net thus far.

That article is based on how things currently stand, not if Bale is sold and Lamela and Willian recruited, which is what your original assertion was based on.

You said, even with the sale of Bale, if they bought Lamela and Willian they still would've spent £15-20m.

I'm saying that's not the case. Once Bale is sold, even if they spend 2 x £30m, they will be approximately breaking even thus far. That's far more depressing than thinking they're set to have some impressive net spend figure that shames us.

That article is based on how things currently stand' date=' not if Bale is sold and Lamela and Willian recruited, which is what your original assertion was based on.

You said, even with the sale of Bale, if they bought Lamela and Willian they still would've spent £15-20m.

I'm saying that's not the case. Once Bale is sold, even if they spend 2 x £30m, they will be approximately breaking even thus far. That's far more depressing than thinking they're set to have some impressive net spend figure that shames us.[/quote']

I stand by it and we can revisit it when the window closes, Im more than open to being proved wrong with my transfer window gripes, more than open.

But so far its all gone the same direction.

I stand by it and we can revisit it when the window closes, Im more than open to being proved wrong with my transfer window gripes, more than open.

But so far its all gone the same direction.

Fair enough, but if Spurs sell Bale for the purported £94m, and buy two £30m players (assuming one of them is Willian) then they would approximately have broken even. No set of figures i've seen points otherwise.

I find that far more worrying, knowing they may still have enough for a top class CB as well.