You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It's not like spurs became a good club overnight, it's taken a few years and I'm afraid unless you have billions it will take a couple more seasons for us. Might I suggest we relax a bit look for sustained improvement rather than mad analysis and rumour mongering? No, ok.

How do you know?

Why do you think its not the case?

Its been widely reported that we we werent willing match Spurs bid for the player as we didnt think he was worth the fee. Most of this coming from the Journos who are obviously being briefed about every bid we make.

What a thoroughly embarassing situation the club finds itself in this summer. Getting fucked off by all and sundry, and players wanting out the exit door.

Mismanagement running through the club.

I actually absolve Rodgers of any blame in it though. He is a rookie and mostly unknown throughout Europe.

FSG and Ayre reaping the penny pinching attitude to the squad.

What a thoroughly embarassing situation the club finds itself in this summer. Getting fucked off by all and sundry, and players wanting out the exit door.

Mismanagement running through the club.

I actually absolve Rodgers of any blame in it though. He is a rookie and mostly unknown throughout Europe.

FSG and Ayre reaping the penny pinching attitude to the squad.

I have to agree unfortunately, whatever the whys and wherefores we've been an absolute mess. Yet another year in the wilderness beckons.

Take the Bale money out' date=' they've still spent £40m plus, so Im sorry, thats not a valid excuse for our minus £5m outlay. Factor in Spurs dont even have CL football and we are looking rather foolish.

Our transfer penis is small boys, its a transfer clit, we could rape a virgin with it and bum her all night and slap her face silly with it she wouldnt even notice.

She would wake up refreshed from the best night ever and we would wonder if the story of the princess and the pea was in fact, a lie.

Its a micro transfer penis.

In fact we are in minus spend, which makes us smooooooth undaneaf, like an action man.

Truth be told a uterus, is an inverted penis, Ive tried it, if you push it back up in yourself and push your balls up into yourself you've got yourself a uterus there, ready to go.

So we have an inverted penis transfer uterus.

No wonder none of our transfer eggs weren't fertilising, its a passable act to push your bits into yourself but you cant get pregnant, the design is all there like a jacket that you can turn inside out if it rains but the egg laying capabilities arent there. Nature intervened on gods design and decided it was a bit resource consuming to let men be able to lay eggs. Though in the back of our minds the thought is always there, thats why we watch the footy and some men take the match ball home, theres some unresolved issues with egg shaped thangs that we feel deprived without it.

In summary we should unfold our bits before Arsenal enter us in an aggressive manner and proceed to fuck our poorly tucked bits out of our transfer uterus.[/quote']

I have laughed and laughed again. Pure genius, I have had tears rolling down my transfer uterus

Fair enough' date=' but if Spurs sell Bale for the purported £94m, and buy two £30m players (assuming one of them is Willian) then they would approximately have broken even. No set of figures i've seen points otherwise.

I find that far more worrying, knowing they may still have enough for a top class CB as well.[/quote']

Spurs have taken about £15m this summer. Who knows what the bale fee will be. I guess about 85m. So 100m on the bank. They'd spent £60m before willian and of the press is to beloved they're working on another £60m on top of that.

It's funny, spurs are cheap as shit and don't spend a penny more than they need and they are way, way, way ahead if us.

It's not like spurs became a good club overnight' date=' it's taken a few years and I'm afraid unless you have billions it will take a couple more seasons for us. Might I suggest we relax a bit look for sustained improvement rather than mad analysis and rumour mongering? No, ok.[/quote']

Spurs aren't a good club. They're just a bunch of cunts who have a better sorry to tell than us because they don't exist to be sold.

because they don't exist to be sold.

These 7 words contain more meaning than the entire current thread. I'm unsure whether the author understood the meaning and value of this phrase.

The 3 most successful and most popular clubs in the Premier League are run as cash cows. Coincidence?

I think Spuds have been fairly clever - buying using the Bale money before actually selling him and without giving the target clubs/agents/players the chance to up the the price "cos' they've got pot loads of dosh" qv Torres, F. and Carroll, A.

The opposite of the Arse, who have announced they have money to spend, and still want to try shortchanging everyone!

I hope that when we sell our next expensive star we follow the Daniel Levy school of financial management.

Have Spurs really been that clever? I mean, if a bunch of fans on an internet forum are sitting around writing about them spending the Bale money, do we really think selling clubs (who'll have read the stories and seen the spending spree we all have) are offering up their players like gullible rubes with no clue? Not very realistic, is it?

Hang on, just spotted a flaw in my argument.

ian-ayre.jpg?w=510

Spurs aren't a good club. They're just a bunch of cunts who have a better sorry to tell than us because they don't exist to be sold.

A better team perhaps at the moment. I assume sorry means story. We might be sold but we don't exist to be sold. Stop crying over every little thing. It is only football.

Spurs have taken about £15m this summer. Who knows what the bale fee will be. I guess about 85m. So 100m on the bank. They'd spent £60m before willian and of the press is to beloved they're working on another £60m on top of that.

It's funny, spurs are cheap as shit and don't spend a penny more than they need and they are way, way, way ahead if us.

They've made about £24m from outgoings, and the Bale fee is widely reported to be £94m. They had a potential kitty of £118m, so the spend of £120m is understandable.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Couple of rumours have started to emerge that Willian simply not too fussed about signing for Spurs. He had his medical yesterday. Weird it hasn't gone through yet.

No doubt that will get done some time this afternoon then.

It'll be because they're waiting for the Bale deal to conclude, I suspect.

Couple of rumours have started to emerge that Willian simply not too fussed about signing for Spurs. He had his medical yesterday. Weird it hasn't gone through yet.

No doubt that will get done some time this afternoon then.

I think it's Lamela OR Willian, not Lamela AND Willian. Saying that, though, will ruin the rumour mill for SSN.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
This appears to be gathering some serious momentum now.

It's just twitter repeating itself. It's not going to happen, mate. I promise.