You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

I'd take Henderson over Allen at the minute. Hopefully Allen improves cos I've seen him have good games in the past. I thought he was good against us for Swansea. Leon Britton was too.

Absolutely. I'd take Henderson immediately to Lime street and ask him ever so politely to fuck off and don't come back, ever. He is painfully average.

Some idiots on here reckon he could end up captain of the club. Fucks sake.

Probably because not everybody agrees with you, mate. At times he carried the midfield. Gerrard was terrible, Sahin was played as a number 10, and Allen was left to pick up the pieces. At times he was superb in his first couple of months. Yes he went off the boil, but there are reasons for that.

If he plays as well in this coming season as he did against West Brom, when 'Allen was by far our best performer on the day and the one bright spot on an otherwise demoralising afternoon', winning him MotM; Man City, when Allen bossed their midfield with one of the best recent LFC midfield performances I've seen, winning him MotM and leading Yaya Toure to say it was the toughest game he'd played in England; Arsenal, again winning MotM for the third time in a row; Norwich he ran the show and was only second to hatrick scoring Suarez for MotM; Everton, I agree that 'Allen was immense' in that game; Newcastle he won so many balls it was ridiculous, at times I thought he was the only midfielder on the pitch. As I was saying, if he can do that he'll be well worth the money. There were some other games he was tough but unspectacular in at the start of the season, but he then struggled after that.

Huh? It is if you read what I said in context. Unless of course you regard his man of the match performances as playing 'okay'. Which, if you do, there's about as much point talking to you about him as there is about Reina. My point was that he has clearly had a period where he played very well. Yes, he struggled after that. Whether that was because he's actually a 'meh' player but was just hiding it for those games and the season previous, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I personally think he's a very talented player who came to a big club at the age of 21, had some absolutely superb performances, but had barely had a break for a year and a half, until he required surgery but played through it. That, for me at least, is enough to say 'there's clearly a player in there, we've seen it, so let's give him time to recapture it' rather than 'meh'.

Fair enough. No point in trying to change opinions. I'll leave it there. You guys see something in him that most dont.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Fair enough. No point in trying to change opinions. I'll leave it there. You guys see something in him that most dont.

Most? I'm not sure about that. I think quite a few people saw something in him during those games. Not just me and Moof, but those awarding him MotM awards and in the Joe Allen thread with ubiquity. Because I've seen those things with my own eyes, and because there's video evidence of those events, I find it hard to accept that there's nothing there. I find it as hard to accept Jairzinho's 'not particularly good at football' comment as I would if he'd said 'Suarez isn't a particularly good dribbler'. Not because I like him, but because my eyes dun seen it.

Most? I'm not sure about that. I think quite a few people saw something in him during those games. Not just me and Moof, but those awarding him MotM awards and in the Joe Allen thread with ubiquity. Because I've seen those things with my own eyes, and because there's video evidence of those events, I find it hard to accept that there's nothing there. I find it as hard to accept Jairzinho's 'not particularly good at football' comment as I would if he'd said 'Suarez isn't a particularly good dribbler'. Not because I like him, but because my eyes dun seen it.

There is a poll somewhere between him and Henderson. It shows how highly people rate him on here.

Back on topic, i think it's time Rodgers got the envelopes back out.

Get all the players together, pull out the envelopes and tell suarez inside one those envelopes is the name of the top class team suarez will be playing for next season, and the 3 names are liverpool, liverpool seconds and liverpool thirds.

And there was me thinking we were all a bit down about recent transfer activity. Somebody pass this man a razor blade....

Déjà vu all over again - Arsenal FC - Arsenal World

The summer transfer window is a proverbial roller coaster of emotion for any sincere football fanatic. The back pages of all the English rags as well as countless websites are overflowing daily with rubbish manufactured primarily by well- placed flunkies of some quite influential agents to get the average fan salivating at the baseless prospect of one’s favorite club inking that missing piece that will make your squad whole again.

This is an unfortunate reality for any football fan ranging from the ignominy of a diehard Dag & Red fan in League 2, to the rarely disappointed bandwagon jumper who supports perhaps Chelski or Man She…... well you get the point.

Although the following opinion cannot be supported per se by any factual studies, I can utter with the straightest of faces that surviving “Silly Season” yearly is more difficult for a Gooner than for the fans of any other top 10 European side. We are four weeks into the official transfer window as of today the 27th of July and the extent of our record breaking summer splurge is a free transfer for Ligue 2 French Under-20 striker Yaya Sanogo.

This was supposedly the year that our beloved Arsenal got over the financial hump saddled on the fan base after the move from Highbury to the Emirates stadium almost a decade ago. We have been patient watching Chelsea purchase a myriad of talent essentially replacing us as United’s chief rival for the premier league title.

We have been patient as we have watched Sheik Mansour syphon off talent Arsenal spent years developing including Adebayor, Toure, Clichy, and Nasri. We have been patient watching Cesc, Thierry, Alexander, and Alex trade the Emirates for the Nou Camp, and last but certainly not least we have supported our beloved gooners in spite of the front office shrewdly sending RVP to United for 24 million pounds, instead of forcing him to honor his contract and winning the premier league last season.

We have stood by helplessly watching as Spuds have closed the gap calling into question not our dominance of Europe but of North London.

We have stood by and suffered through watching Gonzalo Higuain choose a transfer to Napoli, after supposedly being minutes away from an eminent transfer to the emirates at the end of June.

In addition, we have blown the opportunities to exponentially improve our defensive midfield situation by refusing to pony up the funds necessary to activate Marouane Fellaini’s release clause with Everton.

Victor Wanyama, an up and coming powerhouse operating in the same position was offered to us from Glasgow Celtic but we felt the 10 million asking price was too steep.

Ashley Williams, Adil Rami, Clement Grenier, Julio Cesar, Pepe Reina, Simon Mignolet, Wayne Rooney, Asler Illaramendi, Paul Pogba, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Etienne Capoue, as well as Bernard are among the names of current and future world stars from all corners of the globe mentioned with spectacular moves to North London which not surprisingly materialized into nothing.

As maddening as the aforementioned is to all of us the Luis Suarez saga is nothing short of criminal. We are slowly submitting bids to the only big club in England whose status is sinking faster than ours, Liverfool. They are slamming the door closed at every juncture of this process to buy time for two things to happen. One, Real Madrid is currently in the process of trying to lure monkey boy away from spuds with a reported 81 million euro deal. Ayre and Rodgers are waiting for the predictable refusal from Daniel Levy, for monkey boy so that they may sell Suarez to a foreign club for more money, while succeeding in not strengthening a club that has been keeping them out of the champion’s league for five years. Two, Rodgers will be armed with a boatload of fresh green to add more firepower to their already impressive summer haul of Iago Aspas, Kolo Toure, Simon Mignoloet, and Luis Alberto with Ajax’s Christian Eriksen and Valencia Roberto Soldado rumored to be amongst their current targets. After the Reds impressive winter window signings of Daniel Sturridge from CFC and Philip Coutinho from Internazionale, This essentially moves us into a battle with Everton for sixth place in the premier league.

I have been a staunch Wenger supporter since my love affair with the beautiful game began during the 98 world cup. I believe the Prof is without peer in his ability to maximize the potential in young players, and rising to the challenge of champions league qualification year after year with diminishing player personnel.

However, IF Wenger and Ivan the Horrible do not make a signing of either Suarez or Rooney, Fellaini or Kondogbia, Williams or Rami, and Cesar it will be time in my opinion for the clubs fan base to consider a unified financial boycott of support for the team in reference to any ticket purchases, shirt sales etc.

I understand this is unrealistic but consider a few facts before writing off this plan of attack. Arsenal fans pay the highest rate in England to enjoy a match live at the emirates. Ivan Gazidis and Arsene Wenger made it very clear to the fan base and the competition through several press conferences this summer that Arsenal were ready and willing to smash their transfer record, and restructure their wage policy in order to achieve a level of parody with United, Chelsea, City as well as foreign heavyweights Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Juventus, and European champions Bayern Munich. Lastly we have idly sat by as City have purchased 100 million pounds of new talent for their new coach including our top off season transfer target Fiorentina’s Stevan Jovetic. Chelsea, Tottenham, and Liverpool have all spent over 26 million pounds with over a month left in the window. We have spent 0 pounds. We have signed Sanogo and a pair of teenagers to shore up our chances to make a run at next season’s nextgen trophy. It is Déjà vu all over again.

The bid for Suarez For 40 million and one pounds gives the appearance that we are aggressively seeking to improve the squad by signing world class players in their prime. However, unlike all other clubs looking to sign big transfer targets the articles pertaining to our pursuit of Suarez all elude to the fact that we are clearly his second choice and lambs to the Madrid slaughter should Florentino Perez decide to ruin a potential transfer to the emirates for the third time this summer. The writing is on the wall Suarez in a late transfer to Real Madrid, Bale remains at Totenham, Soldado and Eriksen to Liverpool, Arsenal promote Akpom, Eisfeld, Gnabry, Zelalem, and receive Roma’s Pablo Osvaldo in a swap for Gervinho. The bright side is we will have 100 million at our disposal in January to bone up for a serious run at the Capital one cup’s automatic Europa bid. We all know what a fan Wenger is of the January window. So without gilding the lily any further. I just want to say out loud for once what all logical fans of Arsenal FC worldwide are thinking. The board at AFC needs a shakeup. Ivan Gazidis needs to be replaced immediately as he is obviously inept and simply incapable of handling the day to day operations of the London football institution that is Arsenal Football Club. The board needs to spend every red cent in the coffers on transfer fees and wage increases to send a clear cut sign to world football and gooners everywhere that we survived the storm and came out stronger than ever on the other side.

Striker:

Luis Suarez - 45 million.

Wayne Rooney - 30 million.

Defensive Midfield:

Geoffrey Kondogbia -13 million.

Paul Pogba -15 million.

Marouane Fellaini - 23 million.

Etienne Capoue - 9 million.

Creative Midfielder:

Yoann Gourcuff - 8 million.

Defender:

Adil Rami - 8.5 million.

Ashley Williams- 9 million.

Goalkeeper

Julio Cesar - 3 million.

My choice for the best possible tandem of the aforementioned players is Luiz Suarez, Etienne Capoue, Adil Rami, and Julio Cesar. This would cost us a 65.5 million transfer fee collectively. In addition an 8 million pound transfer for Creative Midfielder Yoann Gourcuff. The total 73.5 million could be covered easily along with their wages. This would be a brilliant bit of business we would spent close to 30 million less than city and recouped double the quality. These transfers would give us our best shot at the premier league since the invincibles, and a team with good quality depth made to advance deep in the champions league competition. Let’s just hope we are not crossing our fingers for Diaby to be getting healthy in December. He’s like a new signing it’s Déjà vu all………

The

And there was me thinking we were all a bit down about recent transfer activity. Somebody pass this man a razor blade....

Déjà vu all over again - Arsenal FC - Arsenal World

The

Classic.

Arsenal's summer always starts off with hope and promise, then the window wears on and they havent signed anybody. They start the season shite, fans get pissed off with Wenger and his lack of spending. They batter a couple of lower league sides in the League Cup, then go out to the first decent side they play. Wenger's future then becomes in doubt, he gets linked with PSG or Real Madrid. February comes and they get hit rock bottom by getting knocked out of the FA cup and Champions League whilst sitting fifth in the league and the pressure really seems to be on Wenger when all of a sudden they go on a good run and clinch 4th on the last day of he season and they celebrate it like a trophy and hope that next season will be different and they'll spend money in the summer when they never do.

From LB Celeste who translates Uruguayan players interviews on her twitter. She's a Liverpool fan. Apparently Cavani has said this about Suarez.

Cavani, who was on ConfedCup duty this summer with Suarez, said: ‘We have been speaking a lot and, while I can’t tell you everything....."

"I can tell you that he is desperate to start playing Champions League football." ....

‘Liverpool already know that, though, because he has told them"

‘I think if he thought LFC would qualify 4Champ L football next season he would stay but, w the other top teams in England adding players"

"... he doesn’t think Liverpool have the resources to break into the Champions League spots."

Cavani: ‘I have said before 1 of the most complete strikers in theworld needs 2be playing at the top level and I hope LFC understand that"

‘Luis doesn’t want to leave on bad terms because he respects the club and fans, but he needs to achieve his dreams in the game.’ Cavani

Arsenal's Luis Suarez transfer bid to remain at £40million as debate over contract clause continues

29 Jul 2013 22:30

There are still questions from the Uruguayan's advisors over whether the clause allows him to leave Liverpool - leaving Arsene Wenger waiting

Arsene Wenger is determined not to raise Arsenal’s £40m bid for Luis Suarez – even if it means the transfer going to the wire.

The whole deal hinges on the £40m clause in Suarez’s contract with the Uruguayan’s advisers adamant that it allows him to leave Liverpool.

Suarez is keen on Arsenal and wants to speak to them about a potential transfer but it is believed he still harbours hopes that Real Madrid will come in despite their declaration that they are not interested.

Arsenal have been made aware of the clause and the deal is now at standstill - and it could go right to the end of the transfer window with the two clubs set for a major squabble.

Liverpool are adamant that they will not sell to Arsenal and the clause only means they are obliged to inform Suarez that an offer has been made.

But Arsenal have been in a similar position before when Cesc Fabregas and Robin van Persie wanted out and they were eventually sold because they found it difficult to keep an unhappy player.

The next move could be determined by whether Suarez kicks up, asks for a transfer and makes it impossible for Liverpool to keep him.

Arsenal will see how it plays out and therefore until the clause is sorted out one way or another there is little chance of them making a raised bid.

The only scope in the future for a change in the offer is an improvement in the success related bonuses they are prepared to pay, but that is an issue further down the line.

Suarez’s advisers have already sought legal advice and may take the matter to the Premier League for arbitration as they believe Arsenal have now activated the clause.

Arsenal are clearly waiting on Suarez on their existing transfer target but, as Wenger told Mirror Sport in Japan last week, they are not close to striking a deal.

Arsenal's Luis Suarez transfer bid to stay at £40million as debate over contract clause continues - Mirror Online

You can only hope our lawyers are better have a better understanding of contract clauses than Saurez'

Some twitter guys saying its gathering mo that Suarez is staying.

Lack of quotes, salt, etc...

The question is even if he stays, would he be worth much for us really, I mean in terms of performing at his usual passionate best? I would hope so but very much doubt it; he is menatally eleswhere already as his bearded face tells it. Perhaps a last chance one year compromise could be reached after which he would be allowed to leave with our blessing. In which case we should be prepared for a huge hit in his value, acceptable only if he helps us achieve a Champions League berth.

I can't understand why the club don't make a statement saying he won't be sold by a certain date and price putting Arsenal and Madrid etc in the picture, it's becoming a bit of a joke now that this is still rumbling on and given the fact I have no faith in the people running the club it wouldn't surprise me if we had in fact cocked the clause up.

We are definitely, actively trying to sell him despite what Rodgers or anyone else might say.

Sort it out and either sell the cunt or play proper hard ball like you see a real leader in Levy doing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

We are playing hard ball. In one breath you want them to say he's not for sale, which they've done, in another you're saying it doesn't matter what they say. How can they win?

That article sounds like it was written by a desperate arsenal fan "we got fucked on van persie and fabregas, so it's only fair liverpool get fucked now".

That seems to be the thrust of most of the Arsenal fan comments I've seen. Apparently we're being very unfair to everyone in not letting them fuck us over, and don't we know who they are?

That article sounds like it was written by a desperate arsenal fan "we got fucked on van persie and fabregas, so it's only fair liverpool get fucked now".

That's exactly what I was thinking as I read it. The same guy said only the other day Arsenal were raising their bid to 42.5M so it's mysterious that they never did and have bid, and will bid, no further. In fact it's almost like he knows nowt.

Oh and he looks like this as well...

john.jpg

Worzel Gummidge used to take greater pride in his appearance than this tramp.