You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are Labour Siding with the Tories on Workfare?

AngryOfTuebrook

Yeah, and the programme she was enrolled on was a voluntary one that she could have refused. Except the idiots at the jobcentre didn't tell her that.

Individual claims of under £600 and a total of £130m cost? That would be thousands of misled individuals, no?

Sounds like more than a few idiots...

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Individual claims of under £600 and a total of £130m cost? That would be thousands of misled individuals, no?

Sounds like more than a few idiots...

Sounds like a policy to me.

Same as the CAB advisor who is funded by Macmillan telling us the DWP are automatically putting people on bottom rate DLA irrespective of their claims paperwork and just waiting to see if people will appeal to try and save money.

What? We are talking about benefits that have been stopped because people refused to partake in any of the back to work activities they were asked to partake in.

Fuck me' date=' but this is stupid on numerous levels.

You are the stupid one if you believe this country's welfare-to-work policies amount to "forcing people to work for free at Tesco", and you are a know-nothing bellend if you think the companies involved are making money out of this.

If you're serious about wanting a job, you'll positively engage with programmes like these. I would have fucking loved a scheme like this when I was unemployed back in 2001. In the end, I had to arrange my own work experience; I worked 5 and a half months without pay before my "employer" offered me a contract. I have been in full-time employment ever since.

And "But Labour"? Fuck off.[/quote']

Have you ever worked in Welfare to Work?

Live in Huyton, leave about seven every morning, no movement, most mornings, especially when the kids are off, most out of work and most with better cars than me. Drive through town on most days, see drunks in and out of pubs, I can’t afford to drink in fucking pubs and only do so once in a blue moon. And they have better fucking trabs.

I know people who in reality earn more than myself through benefits and yes it does piss me off.

As for the £130m payout. Yes if they’ve done the work they should be paid, but the private firms who benefitted should also contribute as well as the taxpayer, and yes there are genuine people like the girl with the degree.

I also think they should spend more time on tax evasion than on ways of cutting benefits.

Fuck, imagine a Cyprus situation here, now that would be fun.....

No. However, I've worked in the Jobcentre, I've been unemployed and I've worked for free. I doubt many people here can match that.

To get back to the original point...

I know you negged me for a cheap shot about your girlfriend a few years ago.

You've said she was a graduate and were complaining about her being put on shite application courses and such like from the job centre that didn't differentiate between her qualifications and those scoundrels happy to take the benefits.

What's the difference between your missuss and the girl who brought the case against the coalition government?

I'm sorry but once you start forcing and forcing is what will happen then you are on a slippery slope as in the end you will get cunty employers who will milk this for all its worth.

Duncan Smith is a cunt of the highest order a grotesque individual who couldn't cut it as leader and then having failed at that he gets a cushy job in the cabinet.

Would you get any of his family working for free?

IBS....sorry IDS will only be happy when we go back to the good old days of having kids back up chimneys.

You get the society you deserve when you start demonising the poor and picking on the weak for its country's failings.

No. However' date=' I've worked in the Jobcentre, I've been unemployed and I've worked for free. I doubt many people here can match that.[/quote']

What are you, some kind of model citizen? How do you know who has and who hasn't? Stinks of pure arrogance to me.

I have been unemployed and worked for free and also worked in welfare to work sector. Do I win a prize? Or should I be adopting an storybooks yourself?

I would imagine that you are aware that when it comes to those who are on benefits the jobcentre basically talk people out of going back to work by doing a "batter of calculation" by comparing what they get now to what they would if they took a job on minimum wage.

That you are also aware that being unemployed in a time when thousands are applying for the same jobs is one of the toughest things for anyone to overcome? Seeing as you have experienced unemployment in a recession.

When you worked in the jobcentre I suppose you looked at every unemployed person with the same derision that jobseekers feel they get from their "advisor" or even felt the same as the majority of those receiving "help" from the jobcentre advisors in looking for work when you were unemployed?

You seem to have tarred every unemployed person the same as the Tories have, a scrounger.

You've said she was a graduate and were complaining about her being put on shite application courses and such like from the job centre that didn't differentiate between her qualifications and those scoundrels happy to take the benefits.

What's the difference between your missuss and the girl who brought the case against the coalition government?

Self interest and fucking snobbery.

I used to run those kind of courses, and it helped Graduates realise that they were underselling their key skills and how to demonstrate their transferable skills.

It also allowed people to share their own experiences and mingle with fellow citizens who shared their current situation. It did a hell of a lot more than that for some individuals.

Riles me when people label all unemployed the same.

You are the stupid one if you believe this country's welfare-to-work policies amount to "forcing people to work for free at Tesco", and you are a know-nothing bellend if you think the companies involved are making money out of this.

If you're serious about wanting a job, you'll positively engage with programmes like these. I would have fucking loved a scheme like this when I was unemployed back in 2001. In the end, I had to arrange my own work experience; I worked 5 and a half months without pay before my "employer" offered me a contract. I have been in full-time employment ever since.

And "But Labour"? Fuck off.

So the companies get free labour to stock their shelves and do the menial shit they'd usually pay minimum wage for, but now won't have to, aren't making money out of it? Would you like to explain your working out there?

And also can you answer the question about how your missus us better than everyone else because she shouldn't have to dance to the tune of the DWP but everyone else should be thankful for the shit thrown at them.

By the way, the fact you had to work for free doesn't mean it's a good system, you fucking retard. Stop being grateful for getting pissed on because you're not getting shit on, it's pathetic.

SD thinking he knows more about the case than the judge. He would be with the nazis he seems to like retrospectivally changing the law to suit depending on how costly a law may be yet claims to support democracy. He sucks the cock of power and he sucks it well does the boy, consistently wekk, you have to give him that.

Dog, have to say that you don't know what you are talking about. i used to work for a company operating the 'back to work scheme' and while on paper it is a good idea, it can be abused. all these schemes do is give firms labour at no cost to themselves, all they do is keep taking new ones on. its true that some people will be offered employment after partaking on one of these schemes, but there is a hell of a lot more that dont. but they have to go on them or face having their benefits cut. dont forget that these companies operating these schemes get around £100 per week for these people whilst they are 'helping them find work' and receive extra money if they are lucky and get the person a job. and where does all this funding come from? its a hell of a lot more than the £130m the DWP mightt have had to apy out

"Communist idiocy" and "money for nothing". So inane.

That noise you hear is gagging. Not me being sick but SD gagging on the cock of the rich as they humiliate him. Mocking his obedience.

You keep helping them get everyone into lines for the trains mate. Maybe if you're a really good boy you'll swerve your fate? Funny how long it still takes some people to realise what's happening, when it's happening, as they pin their future on a world-view that is false.

We still await the logic of how it's a cost to Tecso, not a benefit.

Why is the girl who brought the case so significant? She was misinformed about the work activity and told it was compulsory, which it wasn't. However that has opened the floodgates for everyone, whether "misinformed" or not, to claim money, which is what we are talking about here.

Not that it's therefore relevant, but how she differs from my girlfriend is that (a) this girl is actually receiving money from the government and (b) she was actually given a work opportunity, which my gf never was.

My gf is currently looking for places where she can work for free and get experience, as she is desperate to do something during the day, as anyone who has dignity should be.

When you worked in the jobcentre I suppose you looked at every unemployed person with the same derision that jobseekers feel they get from their "advisor" or even felt the same as the majority of those receiving "help" from the jobcentre advisors in looking for work when you were unemployed?

Since I'd been signing on at that very Jobcentre before I started working there, I clearly did no such thing.

You seem to have tarred every unemployed person the same as the Tories have, a scrounger.

How the fuck do you work that out?

Obviously there are a lot of scroungers, but there are a lot of people desperate for work who should be given the kind of foot in the door which everyone here is criticising.

"Communist idiocy" and "money for nothing". So inane.

That noise you hear is gagging. Not me being sick but SD gagging on the cock of the rich as they humiliate him. Mocking his obedience.

You keep helping them get everyone into lines for the trains mate. Maybe if you're a really good boy you'll swerve your fate? Funny how long it still takes some people to realise what's happening, when it's happening, as they pin their future on a world-view that is false.

We still await the logic of how it's a cost to Tecso, not a benefit.

You are an absolute idiot. Do us all a favour and fuck off to North Korea where you can experience for yourself a state without the capitalism you despise.

I want you to explain to me how Tesco providing work placements of up to 4 weeks for the unemployed is going to benefit them financially, given that they'll have to spend much of that time on the same training, supervising etc that they'd give to salaried staff.

Tesco guarantees a job to anyone who successfully completes the four weeks - doubtless you'll find a way to spin that into a negative too.

I've been on JSA (and found a job while on it, not even one I wanted, just a job... better than nothing... lucky I found an opportunity as there was fuck all around and I was on the precipice of a few months out of work - I can easily see how quickly people can lose confidence and faith in themselves finding something) and volunteered/worked for free which has helped me find work I actually want further down the line.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeLr7BrYBF36TlKBe2Gkwvzk3JZk4CwOYF9kdOjAIrXoFq7zEyFQ

...but where's my parade?

"Workfare" might have more merit to it had it not been big businesses benefiting from free labour. I really can't think of any good reason to send people to stack shelves at Tesco's when they could be learning more worthwhile skills at smaller firms who would love additional help from job seekers.