You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What's your Sporting highlight of 2012 then?

Red Banjo

It has to be the Olympics as a whole, although the Ryder Cup final day really was something else.

Incidentally, on the subject of forumites relatives competing at the Olympics, isn't Katarina Johnson-Thompson - who did well in the heptathlon by setting a new junior record I believe - the cousin of another poster on TLW?

The fit mixed race girl?

If so, yes.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Hoy or Victoria Pendleton wining gold Medals in the Kerin. Was screaming at the tele for those races.

Other than that anything from the Olympics. Cracking memories and was a pleasure visiting London for once during the games.

F**tb*ll related, Being at Wembley for the C*rling C*p final and the F* Cup semi, both two grand days out.

Edited by Juniper

Nicking Michael Cox's number 1 moment, Monty. Tut tut.

Haha. I agree with him though. I can't remember pulling for a neutral team so much as in that final. My moment of the year might be the Zambia gaffer belting that full-back in a rage, proper funny.

It's up there with anything else for me. Lovely story of a glorious underdog victory.

Obvious innit? ;-)

All rivalries aside though, I think City fans probably felt the very same elation that Liverpool fans felt in Istanbul, and went through all the same emotions.

If I'm honest - completely honest - I think any proper football fan, whoever they support probably deserves that feeling ONCE in their lifetime. Most never will.

Next best sporting moment?... JUSTICE for the 96. Any genuine lover of sport with half a brain will understand how important it was / is that the truth is out.