You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge

WhiskeyJar

Daniel Sturridge  

287 members have voted

1. 1. Daniel Sturridge

• We need him, get him in January
    • Not what we need. We need someone with more quality and experience
    • Not seen him play enough/Unsure about him

Really hope Sturridge deal is done, he's a young player with a fair bit of experience. Hopefully he settles quickly and we see the best of him. He played really well in that west brom side and he is just what we're missing. i know he's not always looked a team player for Chelsea, but i recon if was only getting played 1 in 6 games I'd be trying my hardest to get on their team sheet before i played in torres! I think he looked decent in the GB team as well.

I think he'll play in the middle where Shelveys been playing.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Before considering non-existent conspiracy theories, you might want to consider those crushes you're prone to.

What are you dribbling on about now, SM? They're clearly not non-existant.

there have been a few on here already wanting Rodgers to fail so that Rafa can come back triumphant.

If Rodgers fails, the chances of a Rafa return are reduced still further.

Benitez likely future is sketched as relative success at Chelsea for the remainder of this season, and then Real Madrid in the summer replacing maureen.

After hearing the comments from Rodgers in those the interview with fans that I posted in the transfer thread, it would suggest to me Sturridge is going to play central and he sees Suarez more of a creator / roamer - rather than a finisher and the central striker he wants.
suarez is the skill behind the front man

People keep saying this, but I can't see Rata landing that job.

I can see why it would seem unlikely but then with it seemingly very likely Mourinho won't be around long there aren't many options and the main ones touted are Rafa and Wenger and I can't see Wenger ever managing a team that are constantly wanting to sign the biggest names around and will have a complete reheavel every couple of years

I can see why it would seem unlikely but then with it seemingly very likely Mourinho won't be around long there aren't many options and the main ones touted are Rafa and Wenger and I can't see Wenger ever managing a team that are constantly wanting to sign the biggest names around and will have a complete reheavel every couple of years

Capello's tactics got him sacked... You think Rafa's are what they want? I reckon that they'll push the boat out for someone else.

was watching our game yesturday and there seemed to be even more times than usual where we'd have got a goal if we had an out and out striker in position to just put the ball in the net when the cross game in, I hope Sturridge can fill this role, I initially thought he'd play as the right hand forward but it sounds like Brendan wants a proper striker with Suarez playing off as I do think Luis can have the same impact whereever he plays among the front line

was watching our game yesturday and there seemed to be even more times than usual where we'd have got a goal if we had an out and out striker in position to just put the ball in the net when the cross game in, I hope Sturridge can fill this role

Hopefully. That ball across the 6 yard box from Suarez last night was begging to be tapped in.

And in fairness to Downing, many times this season (and last) he's got to the line but with nobody in the box to cut it back to.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Apparently the registration will be processed in 1st, FA have the papers and documents have been signed.

This is basically what everybody wanted to happen with signings, right? I think Sturridge will be out only major signing of the winter, and we have him early doors. No fucking about. Can't much complain at that.

This is basically what everybody wanted to happen with signings' date=' right? I think Sturridge will be out only major signing of the winter, and we have him early doors. No fucking about. Can't much complain at that.[/quote']

Sturridge will be a good addition, I really hope he has a "breakthrough" year with us like Walcott is having this season. We need to start scoring from midfield though, we rarely even shoot from outside box these days , a MF with Allen and Lucas will never provide that, I'm not saying Henderson will either but he deserves to be in the team on current form.

Sturridge will be a good addition' date=' I really hope he has a "breakthrough" year with us like Walcott is having this season. We need to start scoring from midfield though, we rarely even shoot from outside box these days , a MF with Allen and Lucas will never provide that, I'm not saying Henderson will either but he deserves to be in the team on current form.[/quote']

Where do you think he will likely to be played?We seen with Walcott when he is played up top by himself he is quality.

Would like to see Sturridge up front with Suarez Gerrard and Ince behind in the three.