You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

But if he was Chilean you would

Nope. If he was capable of scoring 25 goals a season I would, and I can't really see it here.

I like Firmino, I think he's really good. I don't think he's anywhere near as good as Sanchez though. I think Sanchez has a lot of the "street" footballer mentality that Suarez has, I don't see it with Firmino.

I was actually hoping for a bit of help from our blue neighbours in this one, as I still think Arsenal are capable of imploding (even more), but they are just totally absent today. Don't think I've seen an Everton side as passive and uninterested in a "big game" at home as they've been here (the Man City game two years ago the obvious exception). Could easily have been 4 or 5 here.

No chance of Arsenal imploding in the league, the pressure to win something is off them now. This is where they go on a run and excite their knobhead fans ahead of the summer's bitterly disappointing transfer business.

They're a James Bond film. Everyone knows exactly what will happen, the only thing which changes is the year.

• Upvote 3

Can someone explain to me why Sanchez is always mentioned as being World Class? he's a very good player, of that there is no doubt, but World Class? Not a chance. The one thing that sets Word Class players apart is consistency, Sanchez is capable of doing great things, as are many players in this League, but doing it consistently is the key. Is Payet & Mahrez World Class? Not yet, if ever, they're excellent players but they've had 1 good season, Sanchez had a decent season last. Before that he wasn't exactly a certain starter at at Barca. Not World Class for me Clive.

• Upvote 3

Can someone explain to me why Sanchez is always mentioned as being World Class? he's a very good player, of that there is no doubt, but World Class? Not a chance. The one thing that sets Word Class players apart is consistency, Sanchez is capable of doing great things, as are many players in this League, but doing it consistently is the key. Is Payet & Mahrez World Class? Not yet, if ever, they're excellent players but they've had 1 good season, Sanchez had a decent season last. Before that he wasn't exactly a certain starter at at Barca. Not World Class for me Clive.

Sanchez has been excellent since about 2010. Not really sure why you're comparing him to Payet and Mahrez.

Does winning a international competition make you a World Class player? I don't think so. Copa America is certainly not a world class event either because only the South Americans play in it.

Well, then neither are the Euros or the League of Nations. By that criterion the only world class event is the world cup itself.

The Copa America lacks the minnows that those other competitions throw out - Liechenstein, Montengro, San Marino, et. al. All the CA teams are tough - Brasil, Argentina, Uruguay and Chile all are on equal footing and world cup contenders every four years. If Suarez hadn't bitten himself out who knows?

I look forward to the CA because every game is rooted in national sporting pride and it comes out on the pitch. Great tournament.

• Upvote 1