You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

EURO 2012

sir roger

I hope Germany beat Spain for football, Spains technique is fantastic yeah but its slow and they they just keep possession and and it's a boring death grip on the game, if Germany change their game and defend against them and lose 1-0 I will despair, or Portugal beat Spain please

Personally i love it, they pass the ball about better than any other team, they rest with the ball brilliantly and they are extremely dangerous in attack. Without the ball they go full throttle to win it back as quickly as possible.

They could be abit more direct in their approach i suppose, kind of like Germany. But they are careful about giving away possession when they have alot of bodies forward.

Spain will have at least 60% of possession whoever they play. Portugal or Germany, or England or Italy can beat them in a one off game though. My bet is they'll take this tournament aswell though.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i love it, they pass the ball about better than any other team, they rest with the ball brilliantly and they are extremely dangerous in attack. Without the ball they go full throttle to win it back as quickly as possible.

Not really. Not any more. With Villa injured and the real Torres locked in a basement, while his evil talentless twin toils away in his shirt, they look unimaginative and predictable when they get within 25 yards of the goal. They need to mix it up a bit more - go wide a bit more often, have more shots from distance, etc.

Watching Xabi is like watching an old girlfriend in the discotheque. She is kopping off whilst I am dancing inanely to Rick Astley.

Indeed. I watched the game with three Spanish birds* (one of whom I work with), and they couldn't quite understand why an Englishman admired Alonso so.

*I didn't kop off with any of them, before you ask.

Not much happened in this game did it? I can barely remember any noteworthy goalmouth action apart from Xabi's goals. Spain seemed content to just hold onto the ball and wear the French down with their relentless possession game, and the French were almost non-existent going forward.

I fell asleep for the duration of the second half

Spain v France in the European Championships QF knockout game, and I decided a lazy kip was the best way to spend my time.

Fucking boring, I hope someone puts Spain on their arse, they aren't half as good as they think they are.

As for France, fuck off, just why even bother qualifying for tournaments and then play like that? Bunch of childish cunts, some of them need fucking off permanently, they are in such a state.

I fell asleep for the duration of the second half

Spain v France in the European Championships QF knockout game, and I decided a lazy kip was the best way to spend my time.

Fucking boring, I hope someone puts Spain on their arse, they aren't half as good as they think they are.

As for France, fuck off, just why even bother qualifying for tournaments and then play like that? Bunch of childish cunts, some of them need fucking off permanently, they are in such a state.

Well they're twice as good as every side in the tournament with the possible exception of Germany.

Well they're twice as good as every side in the tournament with the possible exception of Germany.

They're the best at passing.

Germany are better than them, even England beat them last time we played, and Italyheld them to a draw and could have won it. Remains to be seen which Portugal turn up.

They're the best at passing.

Germany are better than them, even England beat them last time we played, and Italyheld them to a draw and could have won it. Remains to be seen which Portugal turn up.

Yes, and they drew 2-2 with Costa Rica the next game. Don't think they take friendlies very seriously.

I'm finding the criticism of Spain very odd. They got through a toughish group comfortably, then swatted a pretty decent France team aside. Now they've got a semi final against a team that attacks with one player, a team so fucking shit that Meireles gets a game.

Not really. Not any more. With Villa injured and the real Torres locked in a basement, while his evil talentless twin toils away in his shirt, they look unimaginative and predictable when they get within 25 yards of the goal. They need to mix it up a bit more - go wide a bit more often, have more shots from distance, etc.

I whish people could stop making things up.

Why do they need to do anything different, they are winning games and scoring goals for fun.

Euro 2012: 4 games, 3 wins, 1 draw, 8-1 goal difference.

Friendlies 2012: 4 games, 4 wins, 12-1 goal difference.

Euro qualifiers: 8 games, 8 wins, 26-6 goal difference.

Total: 16 games, 15 wins, 1 draw, 46-8 goal difference.

Spain really need to change things though, its obvious for everyone.

I whish people could stop making things up.

Why do they need to do anything different, they are winning games and scoring goals for fun.

Euro 2012: 4 games, 3 wins, 1 draw, 8-1 goal difference.

Friendlies 2012: 4 games, 4 wins, 12-1 goal difference.

Euro qualifiers: 8 games, 8 wins, 26-6 goal difference.

Total: 16 games, 15 wins, 1 draw, 46-8 goal difference.

Spain really need to change things though, its obvious for everyone.

You going to let that Meireles comment slide then Code?

Don't you like his new haircut/tattoo?

I think they mix it up plenty, their wingbacks provide excellent width, Silva and Iniesta go wide quite alot, not like traditional wingers, but that's not their jobs either. I wouldnt expect them to score for fun against the likes of Italy, Croatia and France, who in their own right are amongst the best national sides in the world, especially not when playing without an out and out forward. I agree they miss Villa and the old Torres would clearly improve them. But they still create plenty and completely dominate games. I wouldnt be surprised if Germany edged them this year, but for me they will still remain favourites.

England or Italy tonight?

I've got a fourfold there that will pay 65 quid but I'm looking seriously at decent spread bets.

The one that interests me most at the moment is

under 2.5 over 10 corners = 2/1

under 2.5 under 10 corners = 2/1

England or Italy tonight?

I've got a fourfold there that will pay 65 quid but I'm looking seriously at decent spread bets.

The one that interests me most at the moment is

under 2.5 over 10 corners = 2/1

under 2.5 under 10 corners = 2/1

Anything good on yellow cards? or fouls?

Seems that useless shitcunt Milner still has Roy's wife held hostage.

How he can start ahead of Theo Walcott once is a mystery, to do it 4 times in 1 tournament is just plain odd. There must be a reason, and its clear form isn't it - because Milner has absolutely stunk the place out every time he has taken to the pitch.