You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Poxy Chelsea... Still no history

ahunt1982

On BBC news this morning they are expecting around 70000 fans to turn out for their homecoming parade.

That's impressive!

truly embarrassing.

they should at least do what the mancs do, disguise the fact that they dont really have a large fan-base in their own city by having one of those civic receptions things instead.

i couldnt really give a monkeys about another english club winning the CL, i'm just puzzled as to why chelsea fans are constantly sayin "we're making history"........they may have won a trophy, but that's no reason to start telling lies

What will they do now?

RA has always wanted the CL trophy, well now he has it.

Will he now get bored with his plaything?

Will he continue to plow millions of pounds into it?

Will he throw it out of his pram now he has no use for it?

Or will he let it sink like the brick it actually is?

This trophy has cost him personally £1 BILLION not including buying the club in the first place.

truly embarrassing.

they should at least do what the mancs do, disguise the fact that they dont really have a large fan-base in their own city by having one of those civic receptions things instead.

i couldnt really give a monkeys about another english club winning the CL, i'm just puzzled as to why chelsea fans are constantly sayin "we're making history"........they may have won a trophy, but that's no reason to start telling lies

Well why not? Football history is dynamic, it doesn't stay the same forever, winning 3 championships, 4 FA Cups and 1 European cup will be good period of history for them in 10 years, no?

What will they do now?

This trophy has cost him personally £1 BILLION not including buying the club in the first place.

I would be interested to see the detail of total of £1000m exclusive of acquisition, it seems strong.

Abrahamovic bought Chelsea for several reasons, providing a safe platform for him to establish himself outside of Russia was one. Vanity was another. Being a sports and football fan another too.

He goes to the games, often home and away, he knows the players, he knows the rules, he knows the history, he understands English , European and Russian football and his pleasure when the team wins is palpable. He is in the great tradition of Gentleman owners. he is often on site.

How is owning the most fashionable club in one of the worlds great cities a brick?

Being the owner of one of Europe's elite clubs is the ultimate indulgence for any sports fan- which is what he is. The UEFA elite are like the EU leaders, with the added plus that you don't have to be elected, you can buy your way in. Elits sport is above money though, it is about power, influence, and conspicuous showing off - its not something that you give up easily.

Well why not? Football history is dynamic, it doesn't stay the same forever, winning 3 championships, 4 FA Cups and 1 European cup will be good period of history for them in 10 years, no?

i'm not sure what they mean to be honest

granted, if they mean it's history for their club, then that's lovely for them. but if someone says they're "creating history while we're living on it", then i take that to mean football history in general. by its very definition its either establishing something that's never been done before or it's affecting something that's already established to such an extent that it changes the way it was originally done....chelsea are doing neither as far as i'm aware

i'm not sure what they mean to be honest

granted, if they mean it's history for their club, then that's lovely for them. but if someone says they're "creating history while we're living on it", then i take that to mean football history in general. by its very definition its either establishing something that's never been done before or it's affecting something that's already established to such an extent that it changes the way it was originally done....chelsea are doing neither as far as i'm aware

By winning the CL/EC Chelsea have redefined their history and joined the Euro elite.

That no London club had ever won the CL/EC was astonishing. Indoing so they have redefined not only their history, but the history of the game in England.

I took some satisfaction watching the final in noticing Bayerns four stars- and felt huge pride that we have five. Being part of Euro football history means respecting and acknowledging the achievements of others- otherwise you command no respect for your own.

They've done well to win it there's no denying that, but the team is at the end of it's playing time, and next season they have to get re-motivated. Their CL campaign will be l o n g and they still have to go for top four for the following season, while they rebuild.. Torres may come good, but there's no garantees. His heart isn't in it. He feels like Judas. 'orrible feeling that; it won't go away because he IS Judas.

Is that real or photoshopped like the others?

Just watched the news report on the beeb and the reporter says "10's of thousands of people" on the streets to welcome the Chavski team back.

When we paraded in 2005 750 THOUSAND poeple lined the streets with 300 THOUSAND of them around St George's hall.

BBC SPORT | Football | My Club | Liverpool | Merseyside revels in Reds victory

Not too many plastic flags either on this occassion so the club must have forked out for bigger flags or not bothered giving them out at all.

By winning the CL/EC Chelsea have redefined their history and joined the Euro elite.

That no London club had ever won the CL/EC was astonishing. Indoing so they have redefined not only their history, but the history of the game in England.

I took some satisfaction watching the final in noticing Bayerns four stars- and felt huge pride that we have five. Being part of Euro football history means respecting and acknowledging the achievements of others- otherwise you command no respect for your own.

this is true, and perhaps i misunderstood what they meant by 'making history'...i did ask for clarification but the kid couldnt/wouldnt explain it. perhaps they should say 'we're making our history' or 'we're making history as far as london clubs are concerned', i neither know nor care.

i take a boast of 'making history' as being the first english club to retain the trophy or the only one to lift five or even utd being the only club to win the treble.

as far as the respect thing goes, their fans need to earn it....winning the champions league, yet having a dig at LFC being the thing that's upper-most in their minds is hardly endearing, is it?

What will they do now?

He says he wants another 4. Thats strange as it would only put them equal with us. youd think for all his dosh hed want to have another 5 not 4.

Edited by ratcatcher

I would be interested to see the detail of total of £1000m exclusive of acquisition, it seems strong.

Abrahamovic bought Chelsea for several reasons, providing a safe platform for him to establish himself outside of Russia was one. Vanity was another. Being a sports and football fan another too.

He goes to the games, often home and away, he knows the players, he knows the rules, he knows the history, he understands English , European and Russian football and his pleasure when the team wins is palpable. He is in the great tradition of Gentleman owners. he is often on site.

How is owning the most fashionable club in one of the worlds great cities a brick?

Being the owner of one of Europe's elite clubs is the ultimate indulgence for any sports fan- which is what he is. The UEFA elite are like the EU leaders, with the added plus that you don't have to be elected, you can buy your way in. Elits sport is above money though, it is about power, influence, and conspicuous showing off - its not something that you give up easily.

do you always chat shit?

Scum. Apparently singing 10 German bombers.

No class. Fuck Chelsea.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Bit ironic. You'd think since they were making 'history' that is what they'd be celebrating not dredging up the 2nd World War and the bombing of ordinary German citizens as some form of nationalistic oneupmanship.

I'm sure they were suitably offended at those scouse irish renegade 'gippos' booing during god save the queen though. Good decent British lads.