You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finished top 8 (at least) and got the jump on the other ageing teams like Man U and Chelsea (all their old dross will be yet another year older next season, and the likes of Terry and Scholes still have to be sent to the knackers yard).

Is that a fucking achievement? Because as you've listed it behind silverware I assume it is in your eyes?

Also how do we have the jump on teams like Man U and Chelsea?

Mental.

Guest San Don
Frigging unbelievable. We've had a season typical of a team rebuilding, with a new manager. We've won silverware in KK's first full season, played some outstanding football, finished top 8 (at least) and got the jump on the other ageing teams like Man U and Chelsea (all their old dross will be yet another year older next season, and the likes of Terry and Scholes still have to be sent to the knackers yard).

Kenny will say it's been a satisfying season, that we're on course for success over the rest of his term, and then the Owners will rubber stamp him; that rubber stamp will say APPROVED FOR AT LEAST ONE MORE SEASON.

I've no doubt the King will say its a satisfying season. A cup on the sideboard and two finals.

It all comes down to whether the owners think the same after a massive injection of money. That last performance in front of henry may just have hold sway henry to keep him on.

Next season, concentrating on the cups wont be good enough and 4th will, I think be the absolute minimum. If we set of poorly next season, I think the writing may be on the wall.

Myself, I believe in the King and think Henry would be mad to change managers.

That last performance in front of henry may just have hold sway henry to keep him on.

JWH knows fuck all about football. His quote of 'it would be a disappointment not reaching 4th this season' or something to that effect, is evidence of that.

He better get the cheque book out, hire a decent CEO and let the footballing men get on with what they do best. Then he can tell us more about the stadium plans.

Be a good owner, John. Galvanise your asset.

Excuse me if i'm not blown away and slightly underwhelmed by these revelations BCM me old mate. I can't take that handbag down the bagwash to the old quilts. They'd fuck me right off.

I reckon Kenny will stay based on the fact we are better than we were under Hodgson. Regardless of where we end up league wise. There have been some excellent performances considering we've carried one or two players in most games without getting the results. Things need to improve and he knows that.

No one outstanding to bring in as proved by some of the names mentioned as well as talk of bringing Rafa back.

The king will stay I reckon and rightly so. That said I have never got a prediction right ever. He's doomed.

Haha what ? so much wrong in so few words.

Frigging unbelievable. We've had a season typical of a team rebuilding, with a new manager. We've won silverware in KK's first full season, played some outstanding football, finished top 8 (at least) and got the jump on the other ageing teams like Man U and Chelsea (all their old dross will be yet another year older next season, and the likes of Terry and Scholes still have to be sent to the knackers yard).

Kenny will say it's been a satisfying season, that we're on course for success over the rest of his term, and then the Owners will rubber stamp him; that rubber stamp will say APPROVED FOR AT LEAST ONE MORE SEASON.

When you say 'got the jump' on Man Utd and Chelsea, I get confused.

By 'got the jump' do you mean 'finished miles behind/ lost FA Cup final to/ will have to watch play in a CL league final competition that we didn't qualify for and haven't qualified for again, and haven't qualified for in three years?'

That kind of jump?

JWH knows fuck all about football. His quote of 'it would be a disappointment not reaching 4th this season' or something to that effect, is evidence of that.He better get the cheque book out, hire a decent CEO and let the footballing men get on with what they do best. Then he can tell us more about the stadium plans.

Be a good owner, John. Galvanise your asset.

He wasnt exactly asking for miracles was he to be fair. We finished 6th last season 10 points behind 4th. We have spent quite a bit more than Arsenal & Spurs yet have finshed 7th or 8th and further away points wise than them 2 teams so I would be fucking more unhappy if he wasnt disappointed with this seasons return.

We all hope that he sees that he has to invest quite a bit to break into the top 4 next season. However, if it wasnt for the failings of last summers signings we wouldnt be in anywhere near the mess we are in now.

He didnt sign the shite and he hasnt coached the shite.

The stdium plans are a total different subject and belong on a different thread.

He wasnt exactly asking for miracles was he to be fair. We finished 6th last season 10 points behind 4th. We have spent quite a bit more than Arsenal & Spurs yet have finshed 7th or 8th and further away points wise than them 2 teams so I would be fucking more unhappy if he wasnt disappointed with this seasons return.

We all hope that he sees that he has to invest quite a bit to break into the top 4 next season. However, if it wasnt for the failings of last summers signings we wouldnt be in anywhere near the mess we are in now.

He didnt sign the shite and he hasnt coached the shite.

The stdium plans are a total different subject and belong on a different thread.

We hire a DoF, we sign some players, we sack the DoF. Does this sound like a clear plan to you? A strategy from those who know what they're doing?

We've spent 40m NET. Yes NET, it's back. We sold our star striker to Chelsea, our captain is crocked, our vice captain is way beyond his best, we lost our only recognised holding mid, we lost our new star forward for 9 games because of the clubs incompetence.

How much did City spend to crack the top 4 and what was the basis they were working from?

So top 8 is a achievement by the sounds of your post. And Chelsea and man U have the resources to rebuild.

We hire a DoF, we sign some players, we sack the DoF. Does this sound like a clear plan to you? A strategy from those who know what they're doing?

We've spent 40m NET. Yes NET, it's back. We sold our star striker to Chelsea, our captain is crocked, our vice captain is way beyond his best, we lost our only recognised holding mid, we lost our new star forward for 9 games because of the clubs incompetence.

How much did City spend to crack the top 4 and what was the basis they were working from?

Excuses excuses blah blah blah.

Cant be arsed arguing with you because your a bellend !!

Cant believe I have lowered myself and finally bitten to a fucking muppet like you.

Excuses excuses blah blah blah.

Cant be arsed arguing with you because your a bellend !!

Cant believe I have lowered myself and finally bitten to a fucking muppet like you.

In before Number. It's 'You're'.

Well, if that isn't the best response i've seen on this forum ...

Bravo, sir. Fucking, bravo.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
In before Number. It's 'You're'.

Well, if that isn't the best response i've seen on this forum ...

Bravo, sir. Fucking, bravo.

Don't be silly, I only question the language skills of those 'what' repeatedly call me stupid.

I think the poor league showing will mean that Kenny's position will be under consideration. If finishing 8th (most likely) meant that the owners did not take a careful look at the manager's position then I would suggest they are not doing their job and are being negligent. I hope they expected more than we showed in the league this season. As a mere fan, I certainly did.

Given the way Kenny galvanized the team and had us playing good football in the second half of last season, most fans were filled with hope as we looked to this campaign. We didn't spend Manchester City or Chelsea sums of money, but we did invest in the team over the summer. Setting the target of a top four finish was not a wholly unrealistic proposition. So, after the season we have had (I know, one game to go) what conclusions could be drawn about the manager's position?

On the one hand, if top four was a hard and fast target that needed to be attained for the manager to stay in the job, the decision is already made and Kenny will not continue as manager. But if top four was a target, as in a goal to be achieved, and the goal wasn't met, so let's have a conversation about why... then that's different. If it is the latter situation I hope that the outcome of the conversation is that the owner's stick with Kenny.

It has been a dire season in the league, and that's where a team's truest measure is gauged. We should not gloss over that, and I expect the owners to confront Kenny with that brutal fact. At the same time, Kenny will know this himself, and he will not swerve responsibility as a leader of men.

There are a lot of mitigating factors which might make a case, things like: two key midfield operators, Lucas and Gerrard, were gone for large parts of the season; our best player, Suarez, was missing for a lengthy ban; our other main striker, Carroll, had problems settling and finding some form; Henderson is one for the future, and we used him more than we might have otherwise, due to injuries to other key midfielders; Downing was a disappointment, given his age and the price we paid, while Adam started well but faded and then got injured. Enrique started very well but lost a bit of form, but with a rest over summer we fully expect him to come back and perform well next season.

Other factors to mention might include a lot of bad luck, especially with finishing (though that can't be a main point, as somewhere along the way, if you keep hitting the woodwork and missing numerous chances, a lack of quality finishing comes into it, more than luck). .

If I was the owner, I'd take heart from the cup win and another final; I'd take heart from Carroll and Suarez starting to look like a partnership; and I'd take heart from the likes of Shelvey and Henderson looking like they may have good futures at the club.

I would tell Kenny that the season didn't quite live up to expectations, but that nothing of real significance was ever achieved easily; so my conclusion would be to back the manager in the market in the summer and set the target of top four for next season. I would also hire another board member - perhaps Brian Barwick? - a football man with connections and so on. Ayre can grow the thing commercially, which seems to be his strength, but we need a man of gravitas who commands respect with the FA and Premier League.

That's what I would do, and it's what I hope and expect will happen.

Edited by G Richards