You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who s honestly a bit worried about semi?

Our abysmal league form may work to our advantage perversely.

Everton want to be perceived as clear underdogs as usual. Moyes has already put his statement out to that effect. Less pressure and expectation from the fans and the media that way.

There is however a noticeable surging confidence from their fans for this tie due to our problems to the point of cockiness and the media are building them up too. They won't like that because it takes them out of their underdog comfort zone.

Realistically think we're fucked if we play anything like we have been doing recently in the league. Everton are clearly resurgent at the moment, playing well and with confidence. As for us -er! We're fucked. Not saying we won't win but I wont be putting a bet on it.:(

Our abysmal league form may work to our advantage perversely.

Everton want to be perceived as clear underdogs as usual. Moyes has already put his statement out to that effect. Less pressure and expectation from the fans and the media that way.

Everton usually are "underdogs", because we're usually a better team.

And I'd be worried about playing Everton even if we were top of the league and playing brilliantly, because relative form makes no fucking difference in a derby.

That said, I'm even more worried than usual, because they way we are playing, we'll get beaten easily.

if they win and finish above us i'm fucking moving away

seen more blue shirts in town since they beat sunderland than i have in fucking beards

i keep lookin for the pied piper leading the rats into the river

Even if they do win, it'll only be really bad if they actually win the final, which they probably won't.

Everton usually are "underdogs", because we're usually a better team.

And I'd be worried about playing Everton even if we were top of the league and playing brilliantly, because relative form makes no fucking difference in a derby.

That said, I'm even more worried than usual, because they way we are playing, we'll get beaten easily.

That's right. Usually they are not expected to win and although they enjoy this relative freedom from the burden of expectation they rarely do win the derby, irrespective of form.

It's natural to be worried before these games. Fear of losing can be as strong as the desire to win.

What I'm saying is crank up the expectation level amongst their fans many of whom are starting to think they's walk it especually since the Reina ban and let's see how they like it.

Our cup form has not reflected our league form this season anyway.

I think that this time, with the semi final in two weeks, and their performances improved, I'd say we were the underdogs for this one. We're definitely beating ourselves at the moment. But as many have realised, this is a derby. Did any of you foresee a Gerrard hattrick? No, me neither. So I'm not going to predict anything. Just going to try to enjoy my first ever trip to Wembley.

I think that this time, with the semi final in two weeks, and their performances improved, I'd say we were the underdogs for this one. We're definitely beating ourselves at the moment. But as many have realised, this is a derby. Did any of you foresee a Gerrard hattrick? No, me neither. So I'm not going to predict anything. Just going to try to enjoy my first ever trip to Wembley.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the trip, cause you wont the match.

I think that this time, with the semi final in two weeks, and their performances improved, I'd say we were the underdogs for this one. We're definitely beating ourselves at the moment. But as many have realised, this is a derby. Did any of you foresee a Gerrard hattrick? No, me neither. So I'm not going to predict anything. Just going to try to enjoy my first ever trip to Wembley.[/QUOTE]

Enjoy the trip, cause you wont the match.

That's not the attitude I'm taking into the match with me though. I'm going to be all zen about it. But thanks for the heads up.

I have never thought Everton would beat us in any game i've always been confident we could beat them with their ale house tactics but right now I am absolutely convinced they will murder us and possibly even go on to win the cup.

Life in the city will be unbearable, every taxi driver smirking from ear to ear telling us how they won a proper cup, fat kids appearing from everywhere wearing their 3 sizes too small Everton shirts, people you have know for years but thought they had absolutely no interest in football swearing a life long allegiance to Everton, endless news clips on Granada Reports of Big Gay Bill weeping and professing his love for the Moyessiah.