You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Morgan's time in this team looks close to being up.

Certainly.  He can make way for Stokes.  Root captain, let's see if he might be the right guy to take over form Cook at Tests in the future. ODI the perfect way to test that.

Joe Root makes everything look so easy.

Nice to see him get a score, he has been struggling a little this summer.

I'd like to see him rested in the T20 match on Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news about Carberry that.

I think Woakes i showing signs that he might have the potential to replace Anderson when he goes. Anderson can only really have a couple of years left I'd imagine, and I expect a few more niggly injuries

Was never a fan of Woakes, but fair play to him, he's found a bit of extra pace.  He's clearly been working in the gym and he seems ahead of the rest to get in the side regularly as the fourth seamer alongside Broad, Anderson and Stokes.  His batting is a nice bonus as well.

Was never a fan of Woakes, but fair play to him, he's found a bit of extra pace.  He's clearly been working in the gym and he seems ahead of the rest to get in the side regularly as the fourth seamer alongside Broad, Anderson and Stokes.  His batting is a nice bonus as well.

Third seamer, for me. Ben Stokes is a batting all rounder.