You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bearable Conservatives.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Pointing out the inconsistencies in your argument isn't trolling.

Good luck explaining how a policy that only negatively affects people with more than £100,000 of assets is the apotheosis of right-wing cruelty.

Look, I've just got back from a funeral so I'm not in the mood.

Go and fuck your mother, motherfucker. 

Stronts has got a point, could just pick one of the other hundreds of utterly hateful policies of this cunt government that are driving people to complete misery. Or simply the economic ideology behind them all of moving money from the poor to the rich, to the point where disabled people are committing suicide.

If you can't understand why someone might not want to spend a great deal of their time with people that enable this cunt government then there probably isn't much anyone could say to you in the way of an explanation that you'd accept.

Stronts has got a point, could just pick one of the other hundreds of utterly hateful policies of this cunt government that are driving people to complete misery. Or simply the economic ideology behind them all of moving money from the poor to the rich, to the point where disabled people are committing suicide.

If you can't understand why someone might not want to spend a great deal of their time with people that enable this cunt government then there probably isn't much anyone could say to you in the way of an explanation that you'd accept.

I'm just interested in the 'out-leftying' that goes on. I find it funny. If the people spouting the bollocks truly believe they can never, ever, under any circumstances have any kind of friendship/relationship with a person who votes conservative then it has to be something they clarify very early on. About the time of the first handshake. Otherwise they are talking fucking bollocks.

Not sure if I know what TK does for a living (other than be a shit storm trooper) but surely he can't have a Tory boss, work with them. Buy his papers off them, buy his chippy tea from them....you get my drift. It's posturing.

I'm just interested in the 'out-leftying' that goes on. I find it funny. If the people spouting the bollocks truly believe they can never, ever, under any circumstances have any kind of friendship/relationship with a person who votes conservative then it has to be something they clarify very early on. About the time of the first handshake. Otherwise they are talking fucking bollocks.

Not sure if I know what TK does for a living (other than be a shit storm trooper) but surely he can't have a Tory boss, work with them. Buy his papers off them, buy his chippy tea from them....you get my drift. It's posturing.

I'm not trying to out-lefty anybody.  Where did I say I can never, ever under any circumstances relate to such people?  I did not.  You are drawing inferences which are not there.  In other words, you are the one who is talking fucking bollocks, as usual.

I used to work as a solicitor, I don't anymore.  What relevance does it have?  I've had plenty of Tory bosses.  Some I had good relationships with, others not.  But again it's not relevant.  

It's entirely up to me who I interact with, how much time I put into relationships with other people and so on.  

You asked the question and didn't like the answer you got, so as per usual got into your "ooh the hypocrisy" spin and waffle on about out-leftyism.  It's incredibly tedious. 

I treat people as individuals, and as I find them. Their politics tends to only form a small part of that. In fact, I have found that a person's political allegiance and their level of cuntery have a tenuous link, at most.

I'm not trying to out-lefty anybody. Where did I say I can never, ever under any circumstances relate to such people? I did not. You are drawing inferences which are not there. In other words, you are the one who is talking fucking bollocks, as usual.

I used to work as a solicitor, I don't anymore. What relevance does it have? I've had plenty of Tory bosses. Some I had good relationships with, others not. But again it's not relevant.

It's entirely up to me who I interact with, how much time I put into relationships with other people and so on.

You asked the question and didn't like the answer you got, so as per usual got into your "ooh the hypocrisy" spin and waffle on about out-leftyism. It's incredibly tedious.

Ha ha - more fucking bollocks.

you're a self confessed bigot.

yeah but you like Billy Bragg

I once worked for a boss who was as stiff and straight and lacking in empathy a Mail-reading Tory as anyone I've ever met.  He once tried to hold a conversation with me about music and said he liked the Smiths.

I refused to engage other than to say "You don't like the Smiths."

Some people may hear the music, but it stands to reason they lack the emotional and cognitive depth to actually understand such bands.

• Upvote 3

I once worked for a boss who was as stiff and straight and lacking in empathy a Mail-reading Tory as anyone I've ever met.  He once tried to hold a conversation with me about music and said he liked the Smiths.

Some people may hear the music, but it stands to reason they lack the emotional and cognitive depth to actually understand such bands.

That's a good story razor and it reminds me of one of my mates who is a full on UKIP-er and his favourite band is Rage Against the Machine, which is a great example of cognitive dissonance. But is it really possible to judge things like art under the criteria of political allegience? Isn't Morrisey a big fan of Nigel Farage by the way?

There are some left wing artists that i think are proper shit (Miley Cyrus etc) and yet Kate Bush was great, fit as fuck, and a massive card carrying Tory. Joy Division were similarly a great band and there's an undercurrent of Nazism throughout their work. Ian Curtis was a full bore Thatcherite. He'd probably be on a EDL march nowadays. 

I reckon most of the great filmmakers are right wing. A lot of great authors as well. From a personal point of view i separate politics from two things. Art and shagging.... never twain shall meet. 

• Upvote 1

I once worked for a boss who was as stiff and straight and lacking in empathy a Mail-reading Tory as anyone I've ever met. He once tried to hold a conversation with me about music and said he liked the Smiths.

David Cameron said that his favourite song was Eton Rifles.

Well, I suppose the cunts like him do keep the lower orders in their place in that song.

I once worked for a boss who was as stiff and straight and lacking in empathy a Mail-reading Tory as anyone I've ever met. He once tried to hold a conversation with me about music and said he liked the Smiths.

What pretentious bollocks.

It's music for crying out loud. A series of words set to melody. Not Das Kapital in tune form.

I grew up around and know loads of conservative voters, I think it's a default setting if your earning good wages (as many people in the oil industry do) in the private sector. There's a feeling of what am I getting for my taxes? When in fact they've basically had everything gifted to them directly or indirectly via the state and luck of the draw in terms of class/geography.

In terms of bearable ones hmm.. 

I'm sure there are some who represent their constituents well and make representations on their behalf (and will no doubt have had to deal with more of these since they started dismantling the welfare state). In terms of the big beasts it's really those of yore (Hesseltine, Francis Pym, James Prior, Heath etc.) but that is because they came out of the post war consensus which realised you couldn't just eviscerate the population endlessly to capitals whims, you actually have to start doing things for them.

Harsh.

You could at least have waited until he told you his favourite album was The Very Best Of The Smiths.

• Upvote 1