You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

Yeah, these types of threads are a bit embarrassing when we've just lost to Stoke, a typically Royesque result in itself. THe point we actually win something again is the point we can afford to shit upon other clubs and their problems.

There was nothing Royesque about the performance though.

Compare defeat last year to defeat this year.

Last season we deserved to be beat, this season we deserved to twat Stoke everywhere.

It was only some strange refereeing decisions & poor finishing which denied us.

I don't see what's wrong here.

We're not gloating or even laughing at WBA, at least I wasn't.

I'm just happy that maybe, just maybe, the world will soon see Roy Hodgson for what he really is - a mediocre, narrow minded manager. There are still people all over the fucking country claiming he was treated like shite and got the boot because we never wanted him in the first place and wanted Kenny, which is utter tripe.

Actually, that's what the Brummies were saying when he was doing well for them. Now it dawns on them that he actually got the sack for being shite.

Yeah, these types of threads are a bit embarrassing when we've just lost to Stoke, a typically Royesque result in itself. THe point we actually win something again is the point we can afford to shit upon other clubs and their problems.

Shut up you tart. He's the shittest manager in the country and we are laughing at him, if anyone has a right to laugh at Roy Hodgson its supporters of Liverpool, Blackburn, Bristol City and now West Brom.

Oh Roy.

West Brom boss Roy Hodgson was not too unhappy to have been knocked out of the Carling Cup after going down 2-1 to Everton after extra-time.

The Baggies were just moments away from a place in the fourth round after Chris Brunt's penalty had given them the lead.

But in the last minute Marouane Fellaini volleyed home an equaliser, before Everton captain Phil Neville then popped up with the winner in the 103rd minute.

"It is very easy to draw a line under this and move on," said Hodgson.

"Any game you lose, even if it's in extra-time after a good performance, you don't feel great about it but on the other hand our priority is the league.

"Our goal is not to win the League Cup it is to get another season in the Premier League and, to be quite frank, it can be counter-productive for teams like ourselves.

"I couldn't ask for more than the players gave and had we won it we would have been happy.

"But losing it in the way we did doesn't make me particularly sad.

"That is what we have to make certain we are ready for it and in actual fact I would have preferred if Everton had scored their two goals in the 89th and 90th minutes.

"We wouldn't have had to waste 30 minutes of running for players who are playing on Saturday.

"We've drawn 1-1 in 90 minutes and more than deserved it."

Hodgson added: "It was a wonderful cup tie and I thought both teams played well - particularly us for long periods.

"I'm a bit saddened with two minutes to go we conceded a goal.

"But changing the team as much as I did (making nine changes) I thought they

did exceptionally well and I thought we deserved the win after 90 minutes."

Oh Roy.

West Brom boss Roy Hodgson was not too unhappy to have been knocked out of the Carling Cup after going down 2-1 to Everton after extra-time.

The Baggies were just moments away from a place in the fourth round after Chris Brunt's penalty had given them the lead.

But in the last minute Marouane Fellaini volleyed home an equaliser, before Everton captain Phil Neville then popped up with the winner in the 103rd minute.

"It is very easy to draw a line under this and move on," said Hodgson.

"Any game you lose, even if it's in extra-time after a good performance, you don't feel great about it but on the other hand our priority is the league.

"Our goal is not to win the League Cupit is to get another season in the Premier League and, to be quite frank, it can be counter-productive for teams like ourselves.

"I couldn't ask for more than the players gave and had we won it we would have been happy.

"But losing it in the way we did doesn't make me particularly sad.

"That is what we have to make certain we are ready for it and in actual fact I would have preferred if Everton had scored their two goals in the 89th and 90th minutes.

"We wouldn't have had to waste 30 minutes of running for players who are playing on Saturday.

"We've drawn 1-1 in 90 minutes and more than deserved it."

Hodgson added: "It was a wonderful cup tie and I thought both teams played well - particularly us for long periods.

"I'm a bit saddened with two minutes to go we conceded a goal.

"But changing the team as much as I did (making nine changes) I thought they

did exceptionally well and I thought we deserved the win after 90 minutes."

This sums him up.