You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lebron

lebron

not exactly covering himself in glory during the NBA finals.

Sports - CBSSports.com Sports News, Fantasy Scores, Sports Video

As I said in the previous thread about our new associate, I'm not sure how well this is going to pan out, given his somewhat childish and petulant behaviour. If only Dirk was the one buying shares:drool:

Might have to change my username soon too, stupid spoilt child:telloff:

P.S! I'm not able to make the search engine function, hence the new thread... If any of the mods could merge this with one of the old Lebron threads that would be nice...

Today is Game 6 if Dallas wins it it's all over. On topic it's just players stupid jokes and media making a big deal out of it..

Agreed on this particular joke, it's more the fact that Lebron and Wade are looking more and more like C. Ronaldo and less and less like Messi... The Heat have been hugely unpopular since the "decision" last summer, but the hatred towards them from all across USA have grown to unprecedented levels during the finals. Basically, everyone outside Florida is rooting for the Mavs (who've never really had a lot of followers themselves).

Not sure being associated to Lebron is a good marketing move if this trend continues...

The problem with Lebron is that he puts himself out there into the public view. Lebron is a prick whereas Jordan was probably an asshole but he kept his mouth shut and just sat their and smiled in commercials or acting in kids movie. Jordan was out in the public view for 15-20 years and really I don't think many people really know that much about him or his personality.

The problem with Lebron is that he puts himself out there into the public view. Lebron is a prick whereas Jordan was probably an asshole but he kept his mouth shut and just sat their and smiled in commercials or acting in kids movie. Jordan was out in the public view for 15-20 years and really I don't think many people really know that much about him or his personality.

Hmm. Michael Jordan was on public view probably more than any athlete since Ali, but -- you're right -- it was mostly in the guise of reverential Nike and Gatorade commercials, kids cartoons/movies, etc. LeBron has been given the Nike treatment but in a much more annoying way, especially considering he still hasn't won a title. (I will say, however, that LeBron is the most gifted basketball player since Jordan or Magic Johnson...it's just that he hasn't won shit -- I still think the Heat will win it though.)

The problem with LeBron is that he has such an inflated view of himself....he's bought into his own hype 200% and thinks his shit smells like roses, which is why he basically held Cleveland captive during his whole free agency charade and TV "special," even though he knew he was going to Miami at least a year earlier. (We all dislike Torres for leaving, but imagine him going on Sky and holding an hour-long TV show at the end of which he announced he was going to Chelsea, grinning from ear to ear like an idiot, like he just won the Nobel or Oscar. This is the type of guy LeBron is, and unapologetically so. Jordan was much, much more shrewd with his public image.)

I don't doubt LeBron will win at least 1 NBA title and thus bring some publicity to LFC in a transitive way. But I can't help but wonder if it's a great thing for a company to attach itself to such a self-serving egomaniac.

Kids love him, and Miami Heat fans love him. Pretty much every other basketball fan is wanting him to fall flat on his face from what I've seen and heard through various TV shows, websites and podcasts.

There'll be loads of LFC fans hitching to his wagon now though. Like the ones who were chastising me for not supporting him when he was playing my Bulls!! These are the same kind who had probably never heard of him two months ago. Or the kind who have suddenly started following the Red Sox, or even worse, binned off the baseball team they did follow and jumped on the Red Sox bandwagon.

Which reminds me, I need a new avatar.

LeBron will never be fit to lace Jordan's boots.

Jordan was, is, and probably forever more will be the greatest player of all time.

Tell that to Scottie Pippen! Couldn't believe what I was hearing the other week when he said LeBron was a better all round player than MJ. Scottie was always my favourite Bull, I even had his jersey back in the day, but he deserved all the ridicule he got after that. Green eyed monster got the better of him I think.

Kids love him, and Miami Heat fans love him. Pretty much every other basketball fan is wanting him to fall flat on his face from what I've seen and heard through various TV shows, websites and podcasts.

There'll be loads of LFC fans hitching to his wagon now though. Like the ones who were chastising me for not supporting him when he was playing my Bulls!! These are the same kind who had probably never heard of him two months ago. Or the kind who have suddenly started following the Red Sox, or even worse, binned off the baseball team they did follow and jumped on the Red Sox bandwagon.

Which reminds me, I need a new avatar.

I'll give you £5 if you have a Cubs avatar.

The reason LeBron will never be as good as MJ? No way would MJ have gone to play on one of his rival's teams. He is the alpha dog, the leader of his team and that's just the way he wanted it. LeBron is basically acting like Wade's sidekick at the moment. I don't like Wade either.

The reason LeBron will never be as good as MJ? No way would MJ have gone to play on one of his rival's teams. He is the alpha dog, the leader of his team and that's just the way he wanted it. LeBron is basically acting like Wade's sidekick at the moment. I don't like Wade either.

In one. He's Robin to Wade's Batman now. Not sure what that makes the Bostrich. Batgirl maybe?

And people who jumped on the Sox bandwagon suck. People who never liked baseball, probably mocked it, are suddenly interested because a set of rich guys bought their team. Dumb.

Well in America I believe that the whole fan and sport thing is one big money-making machine. It's so in Europe as well but some fans are still "real" and they are fanatic and support their team no mather what. In the US there is no such thing..

Well in America I believe that the whole fan and sport thing is one big money-making machine. It's so in Europe as well but some fans are still "real" and they are fanatic and support their team no mather what. In the US there is no such thing..

That's your opinion and it's doing a diservice to people in the US who are real sports fans, and there are lots of them.

Probably I haven't expressed myself well, I agree there are many sports fans who are dedicated to their teams no doubt about it. But for example take German or English football leagues, the first one has got the biggest number of spectators and no mather how their team play they are there to support their players. That's probably because teams have historic connections with the city and most of the supporters come (or used to come) from working class. In the US (I watch NBA and some NHL mostly, can't speak for other sports) the teams are made from commercial reasons, you can see owners move teams as well than there is draft which automatically excludes local lads to play for thier local teams. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, I didn't mean no disrespect to any sports fan in the US.

Probably I haven't expressed myself well, I agree there are many sports fans who are dedicated to their teams no doubt about it. But for example take German or English football leagues, the first one has got the biggest number of spectators and no mather how their team play they are there to support their players. That's probably because teams have historic connections with the city and most of the supporters come (or used to come) from working class. In the US (I watch NBA and some NHL mostly, can't speak for other sports) the teams are made from commercial reasons, you can see owners move teams as well than there is draft which automatically excludes local lads to play for thier local teams. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, I didn't mean no disrespect to any sports fan in the US.

Teams do move and it's sometimes it's a matter of money but the way the leagues are setup, the teams belong to the league, not the cities. The draft? Well we could have a huge debate about whether it's a restriction of trade but ultimately it's a help to give parity in the leagues.

I get where you're coming from though.

Absolute non-story. Happens every US major sport and especially in the tail end of championship series. Anyhow Terry and Deshwan have been talking smack the whole series.

It's the sports marketing department of the ESPNs doing their thing to bring some drama and ratings to proceedings. I well resented guy is an easy target.

On the game itself I can't see Mavs slowing their recently rediscovered sharpshooting in both games. I suspect the Mavs will take it in seven.