You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trump is going further off script on all issues as he desperately seeks attention and his frustrations grow over Congress blocking everything he has tried to push through, He is becoming increasingly unhinged with almost zero appreciation of realities outside his bubble. It can be only a matter of time before he kicks something off with potentially disastrous consequences,  He needs to be removed quickly now.

• Upvote 1

The most pathetic thing about what's going on in the states is the fact the debate and scrutiny is all about Trump, and not the malperformance of the mechanisms put in place by the so-called 'founding fathers' to stop someone like Trump doing what he's doing, i.e Congress.

Trump is an imbecile and a monster, but that's nothing new - so continuing to express astonishment at his behaviour is pretty futile and hollow - what is truly astonishing is grown men, by their dozens, doing nothing about it save the occasional cryptic Tweet about 'we're bigger than this!' or some other such useless shit.

The focus should be on them, every bit as much as it should be on the owner of a dog that's allowed to shit on your living room floor.

Spot on.

Trouble is, there are a lot of powerful adults implementing their horrible agendas while the rest of us are fixated on the dangerous child in the Oval Office.

Twats like Pence use Trump in much the same way that Assad used ISIS.

• Upvote 1

Spot on.

Trouble is, there are a lot of powerful adults implementing their horrible agendas while the rest of us are fixated on the dangerous child in the Oval Office.

Twats like Pence use Trump in much the same way that Assad used ISIS.

I think that 'speaker Ryan' (hate the way they call him that) is the puppet master too, he seems to be the one pushing all the health reform shit. 

I think that 'speaker Ryan' (hate the way they call him that) is the puppet master too, he seems to be the one pushing all the health reform shit. 

Ryan only cares about losses in the mid terms which could cost him his job. He has to deliver the GOP agenda to keep the swivel eyed retards onside

"He knew what he signed up for..."

Pin it up there with warmest condolences.

https://amp.local10.com/news/politics/trump-speaks-to-widow-of-sgt-la-david-johnson

President Donald Trump told U.S. Army Sgt. La David Johnson's widow Tuesday that "he knew what he signed up for ... but when it happens, it hurts anyway," when he died serving in northwestern Africa, according to Rep. Frederica Wilson, D-Miami Gardens.

"Yes, he said it," Wilson said. "It's so insensitive. He should have not have said that. He shouldn't have said it."

The president called about 4:45 p.m. and spoke to Johnson's pregnant widow, Myeshia Johnson, for about five minutes. She is a mother to Johnson's surviving 2-year-old son and 6-year-old daughter. The conversation happened before Johnson's remains arrived at Miami International Airport on a commercial Delta Airlines flight.

A top advisor later told Local 10 News "The president's conversations with the families of American heroes who have made the ultimate sacrifice are private."

Wilson watched as the widow, who is expecting their third baby in January, leaned over the U.S. flag that was draping Johnson's casket. Her pregnant belly was shaking against the casket as she sobbed uncontrollably. Their daughter stood next to her stoically. Their toddler waited in the arms of a relative.

There was silence.

Local politicians, police officers and firefighters lined up to honor Johnson for his service and for the efforts and discipline that got the former Walmart employee to defy all odds and become a 25-year-old member of the 3rd Special Forces Group at Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

Johnson, who participated in a mentorship program Wilson founded in 1993, died during a mission fighting alongside Green Berets. Islamic militants ambushed them on Oct. 4 with rocket-propelled grenades and machine guns. The team reportedly didn't have overhead armed air cover and was in unarmored pickup trucks. Reuters reported the lack of planning upset the French.

Trump didn't discuss any of the details of the ambush or say that the Pentagon was conducting an investigation. Instead, he focused on questions about whether or not he had offered his condolences to the families of the fallen.

"I will, at some point, during the period of time, call the parents and the families, because I have done that, traditionally," Trump said during a press conference last week.

Wilson criticized Trump for failing to acknowledge Johnson's death after he was left behind during the evacuation. It took nearly two days to find his body in the Republic of Niger's desert. Johnson's body made it to the U.S. on Oct. 7 when Trump was playing golf with Sen. Lindsey Graham.

Amid the controversy, Trump later said President Barack Obama and other presidents didn't make calls to the relatives of all fallen servicemen and women. Aides for both President George W. Bush's and Obama reacted on Twitter and in The Huffington Post, saying the president misspoke.

Trump later backpedaled the claim during an interview with NBC's Peter Alexander.

"President Obama, I think, probably did sometimes, and maybe sometimes he didn’t. I don’t know. That’s what I was told. All I can do, all I can do is ask my generals. Other presidents did not call. They’d write letters. And some presidents didn’t do anything," Trump said. "But I like the combination of, I like, when I can, the combination of a call and also a letter."

The Atlantic's David A. Graham believes Trump used the controversy to distract reporters. Despite the criticism, Trump continued the discussion on Fox News Radio when he raised doubt about whether or not Obama called his chief of staff, John Kelly, when Kelly's son died.

Graham said it was Trump's strategy to distract reporters from the important questions about the deadly ambush in Africa.

"The broader question, of what the soldiers who were killed were doing and what went wrong, remains unaddressed by the president, and Trump’s jab at other presidents may, unfortunately, help to keep it that way," Graham wrote .

After an emotional procession from Miami-Dade to Broward County, Johnson's remains were at a funeral home in Hollywood. There will be a public viewing from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday and a funeral service from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, at the Christ The Rock Church at 11000 Stirling Road in Cooper City. The internment will be at the Hollywood Memorial Gardens, at 3001 N. 72 St.

"He knew what he signed up for..."

Pin it up there with warmest condolences.

https://amp.local10.com/news/politics/trump-speaks-to-widow-of-sgt-la-david-johnson

“He knew what he signed up for …but when it happens it hurts anyway”

At least quote the complete line, not that it makes it any less heartless to the family of course. They should not let him make those calls, he's a buffoon. Just get the person with a few brain cells to write the letter and he can add his 'x' to the end of it. 

“He knew what he signed up for …but when it happens it hurts anyway”

At least quote the complete line, not that it makes it any less heartless to the family of course. They should not let him make those calls, he's a buffoon. Just get the person with a few brain cells to write the letter and he can add his 'x' to the end of it. 

Quote the complete line?

I posted the whole article.

tumblr_mhx7qwDb3N1s5w9a4o2_r1_250.gif

• Upvote 1

Trump must be impossible to work for.

Even with a despot, gangster or other such gobshite there would be rules you could play by. I imagine it was easy to placate Hitler, just build some models of a future Berlin and tell him how much you hated Jews and you'd be friends for life. There were boundaries you could stay within and remian acceptable.

Trump though. All he cares about is himself. If you make him look bad he'd hate you, but if you did too good a job and took the attention/ratings away from him he'd hate you too. If you tell him how great he is and how boss his planes are he'd consider you a loser and a suck and hate you, but if you didn't he'd think the same.

There are no rules, he's the most unstable carricature of a human being I've ever seen, the only similar character i can think of is someone like Idi Amin.

I don't believe that Trump said that.  Not after all the great fuss he made of that human rights protest disrespecting soldiers who have died.

If there's one thing I do know it's that Trump loves America.

Well he loves the little bit of it that allowed him to become ridiculously rich.  Not the rest of it.  The real bits where people don't like him.  Or live in abject poverty and stuff.  He loathes and despises those bits.

But he really loves America.  The little sliver of it that he experiences.

• Upvote 1

I don't believe that Trump said that.  Not after all the great fuss he made of that human rights protest disrespecting soldiers who have died.

Well he loves the little bit of it that allowed him to become ridiculously rich.  Not the rest of it.  The real bits where people don't like him.  Or live in abject poverty and stuff.  He loathes and despises those bits.

I don't believe Trump understands what truth is,  He lives in his own reality, A dangerous sociopathic world were truth and falsehood are not fundamental to its structure, It exists as Trump imagines it to exist, everything else just doesn't penetrate his consciousness   

There’s a growing movement to see the 25th Amendment invoked and see his cabinet remove him. There was a fair bit about it on the news over here last night (admittedly it was on a news channel that isn’t favorable to a Trump).

Personally I don’t think it will happen, or at least not until a few things fall into place first, namely tax cuts and the dismantling of Obamacare. The wall is a cosmetic thing to appeal to the more jingoistic among his base. And I would imagine there will be a more decisive war somewhere, unfortunately, rather than the trickle, trickle we’ve seen for a good many years now.

The main question for me is whether those things happen before the Russian investigation is able to conclude. I think at best Trump is a one-termer and then it will be Pence v whoever the Dems can put up.

All he cares about is himself. If you make him look bad he'd hate you, but if you did too good a job and took the attention/ratings away from him he'd hate you too. If you tell him how great he is and how boss his planes are he'd consider you a loser and a suck and hate you, but if you didn't he'd think the same.

I've had bosses like this. 

Corporate psychopathy isn't unusual.

Granted, it probably gets a bit more serious at Leader of the Free World level.

Logic would say you are correct, history would not agree. 

He has condemned a war hero;

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/19/us/politics/trump-belittles-mccains-war-record.html

He has condemned parents of a soldier killed overseas;

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/gold-star-families-attack-trump-over-comments-about-ghazala-khan-n620671

Now the mother of this current dead soldier is saying Trump did disrespect widow in phone call;

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-dead-soldier-phone-call-disrespect-widow-mother-confirms-claims-name-sgt-johnson-a8007366.html

He doesn't love America, he loves himself and anyone/thing that goes against that is attacked.