You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...
@Richard_Buxton_ - Jon Flanagan coming on for #LFC as Shelvey extends the advantage. Interesting story on the defender in tomorrow's Irish papers...

All I'll say regarding Flanagan is that if you're in Eire tomorrow morning, pick up a copy of the Irish Daily Star #LFC

Flanagan going to play for the Republic?

That article in the Daily Star is an interview (by Richard Buxton) with Aldridge.

Basically, says Ireland really like him and would consider playing him in the friendlies before the Euros with the option of taken him to Poland/Ukraine in the summer.

Flanagan is considering changing allegiances at the moment.

He'll play for England so why would he switch?

Well that depends on how Irish he really is, wouldn't it?

And he isn't at all it seems, so that would be why he won't be switching. I found it a bit strange all along as I remember at Christmas he posted a picture of his Christmas dinner and there was Union Jack Christmas crackers everywhere. Couldn't have been too much of an Irish family there.

That Richard Buxton is a bad bellend for writing an article about that.

On a side note, Ciaran Clark, who grew up in England, was captain of the Eng U19 and involved in their U21 setup, switched last year.

• 7 months later...

I'm not sure he's done that so much as he wasn't nearly as brilliant as he was made out to be in the first place. I remember thinking after watching him for a year or so in the ressies, and then he had that debut with the first team and everyone was praising him so highly that I sensed another Plessis in the making.

Remember him? Was good but nothing special for the reserves, got called into the first team due to injuries ahead of him, had a great debut against Arsenal at age 19, and then disappeared. Now plays in the second division in France.

I would love to see Flanagan go on to be a consistent first team player for us but I seriously doubt it will happen.