You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

It’s only getting worse, nowhere near a working man’s game anymore. 

Who'd have thought with players earning more money a week than i earn in 15+ years the game wouldn't belong to us anymore

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

In my humble opinion....

....the Premier League will realise that by docking the shite 10 points (correctly) that if and when they get around to dealing with City, if they find them guilty they'll have to apply a similar punishment for each charge they're found guilty of. Even if they only find them guilty of 5 for instance, that's 50 points.

City's owners and their lawyers will haul the PL over the fucking coals for years appealing any such punishment. They have almost indefinite resources to do so, and such an action could easily destroy the fabric of the league, and lead to breakaway competitions being formed, which would ultimately bankrupt the PL.

They'll want to avoid that at all costs, hence why I think the punishment will be reversed. They'll probably suspend the points deduction for 2-5 years.

your opinion means fuck all, in my humble opinion.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

The second set of charges will be thrown out, and the PL will be bullied into giving them all 10 points back.

I have to take this with a pinch of salt when every post is the end of the world.

9 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

If Everton get points back it will only be to go softer on City. The PL will give them  bonus not a fine. If City don’t get hammered the other teams need to threaten a mutiny as football will be finally done. 

I think that ship has already sailed.

I also tend to think Creator has a point. City are now so financially powerful that the PL will avoid a fight with their legal team and fines or points deductions suspended over a certain period is more likely. The only think the Blooshite have correct is the corruption element. Even though they have benefited themselves from it for 30+ years.

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

"we aren't a tourist club whose matchday spend per fan is on a par with Burnley and Norwich yet we lost more during Covid than anyone else in the league"

hahahaha this lot never fail to entertain in the replies... This genius has got it solved seemingly:

image.png.aaccd3742b9d62aa6a880173181b4574.png

2 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

"we aren't a tourist club whose matchday spend per fan is on a par with Burnley and Norwich yet we lost more during Covid than anyone else in the league"

If they're not a tourist club, how do they explain and justify Bramley Moor Dock?

4 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Those numbers just provide further proof of what lying, cheating bastards they are.

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

Those numbers just provide further proof of what lying, cheating bastards they are.

It was ridiculous that they were accepted in the first place. None if it added up, clubs with more games in Europe with bigger stadiums and more expensive tickets lost less than a team who never competes in Europe, has low sponsorship deals and very low gate revenue. 

Now they are proud not to be a tourist club and have the 3rd lowest fan spend in the league but still maintain they were the worst affected team in the league. I hope other fans and clubs see that and realise what a bunch of cheating bastards they are who still have the cheek to say everyone is against them and the league want them relegated. 

• Like 1

The stuff they convince themselves of is off the scale. They knew full well what they were doing with FFP and there answer was to tell the league to swivel while uncle uzzy buys who he wants and pays any fines. 

Thankfully the league realised that fines mean absolutely nothing nowadays so points was the fairest means to address this. 

I just hope Richard the lionheart stands firm and throws some extra points on for this frivolous appeal. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

It was ridiculous that they were accepted in the first place. None if it added up, clubs with more games in Europe with bigger stadiums and more expensive tickets lost less than a team who never competes in Europe, has low sponsorship deals and very low gate revenue. 

Now they are proud not to be a tourist club and have the 3rd lowest fan spend in the league but still maintain they were the worst affected team in the league. I hope other fans and clubs see that and realise what a bunch of cheating bastards they are who still have the cheek to say everyone is against them and the league want them relegated. 

I still haven't come across one of them who can give any sort of decent answer to this question - how can everton have lost more money due to covid than any other club in the league?

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I still haven't come across one of them who can give any sort of decent answer to this question - how can everton have lost more money due to covid than any other club in the league?

They argued that they lost money on potential transfers and made up some bullshit figures and also said they were finishing 6th and lost prize money. 

The league should have told them to fuck off because they based their losses on things that never happened.

Every team in the league could have inflated their figures by potential sales but only they did. 

If they have around the same fan spend as Burnley or Norwich surely their losses would be the same as them. 

23 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

They argued that they lost money on potential transfers and made up some bullshit figures and also said they were finishing 6th and lost prize money. 

The league should have told them to fuck off because they based their losses on things that never happened.

Every team in the league could have inflated their figures by potential sales but only they did. 

If they have around the same fan spend as Burnley or Norwich surely their losses would be the same as them. 

They've got a bigger ground than those so would lose a bit more.

A club like Aston Villa would be a very good benchmark for them - very similar capacity, very similar spend on that graphic from that tweet and a club of similar standing commercially.

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

They've got a bigger ground than those so would lose a bit more.

A club like Aston Villa would be a very good benchmark for them - very similar capacity, very similar spend on that graphic from that tweet and a club of similar standing commercially.

A lot of them on Twitter were saying that Swiss Ramble was incorrect (they would do when it paints them negatively but they'd accept it at face value if it was us).

They reckon it was £90m. Even if it was it is still more than us and Man City

5 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

They're a local club for local people; which explains the atmosphere.

7LmngkdNdk6n.gif

11 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

A lot of them on Twitter were saying that Swiss Ramble was incorrect (they would do when it paints them negatively but they'd accept it at face value if it was us).

They reckon it was £90m. Even if it was it is still more than us and Man City

Absolute bollocks isn't it.

5 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

£18.63?

It should be £1.32 more than that.

• Upvote 1

They'll claim the point deduction removed or lessened vindicates them but it doesnt. Regardless of the outcome they cheated rules other sides played by, its irrelevant whether you agree with the rules or not. I dont agree with a road near me being 30mph but if I go over and I'm caught they won't let me off because I dont agree with it. They cheated other sides out of their league position and even now field players they shouldn't of bought to still take points off other sides. They are cheats and were incredibly arrogant about it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Had a quick look over on GoT and a lot of them are convinced that they're getting points back, some of them won't be happy unless they get all 10 back don't you know.

I do hope this is all just straw clutching and misplaced optimism that they're messing with the wrong fans.

How can they get the points back when they admitted to cheating?? I fucking hate modern football.