You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reds sign French Winger?

Kopite

Must agree on Young. I think he's shite, one of the most overhyped I've seen, I'd rather have Lennon or SWP but none at all actually. I hope we get Honda myself but then Kenny seems to have ideas about Young so you never know what he might have planned to get the best from him so who knows.........(*Hopes City blow us out the water!)

Like he did about changing the side from playing throught the middle for Rush to getting the players needed to feed Aldo.

I believe he deserves our support so far at least.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every now and then theres a decent player that moves on a free. We never seem to be in for them though. We sign utter dogshite like Voronin and Degen. So its understandable that people would view any potential free transfer with some skepticism.

We've had so much bad luck with free transfers surely we're due some good luck with one eventually.

Every now and then theres a decent player that moves on a free. We never seem to be in for them though. We sign utter dogshite like Voronin and Degen. So its understandable that people would view any potential free transfer with some skepticism.

We've had so much bad luck with free transfers surely we're due some good luck with one eventually.

Interesting that - of all the free transfers since Bosman, only a handful can be deemed successful, and actually we've done better than most. We've had Babbel and Gary Mac - difficult to think beyond McManaman and Campbell as players that equalled those two in impact. Maybe Ballack, although he's been a shadow of his former Leverkusen and Bayern Munich self. Any others?

The degen deal stank, somebody involved in that deal was up to no good, he'd barely kicked a ball the year beforehand with Dortmund as he did in his first year with us, was obviously shit even the Dortmund fans where laughing when we signed him and he gets a 4 year deal worth £10m??? I don't give a fuck somebody got there hands greased in that deal.

The degen deal stank, somebody involved in that deal was up to no good, he'd barely kicked a ball the year beforehand with Dortmund as he did in his first year with us, was obviously shit even the Dortmund fans where laughing when we signed him and he gets a 4 year deal worth £10m??? I don't give a fuck somebody got there hands greased in that deal.

On a completely unrelated matter, I wonder how this chap is getting on now?

eduardo-macia.jpg

Interesting that - of all the free transfers since Bosman, only a handful can be deemed successful, and actually we've done better than most. We've had Babbel and Gary Mac - difficult to think beyond McManaman and Campbell as players that equalled those two in impact. Maybe Ballack, although he's been a shadow of his former Leverkusen and Bayern Munich self. Any others?

Well in fairness your right, those were two great free signings. But fact is lately we've made some seriously bad bosman signings, Voronin, Degen, Jovanovic and Cole hasn't looked good so far. Which is pretty shocking considering the money they are/were paid. At the same time though we brought in Maxi on a free wasn't it, who has done a job at least.

There have been less spectacular names who've moved on Bosmans over the last 4/5 years who would have been great options. Chamakh, Metzelder, Martin Petrov has done ok at Bolton, in all honesty probably wouldn't have taken him though, Van Nislerooy and Raul were both available on frees too weren't they.

Those were the ones going this summer off the top of my head that I know of could have been decent signings. I won't pretend we could have or if it would have been a good idea to sign those players but it just goes to show some decent players have moved on Bosmans lately. Whereas we've signed some serious flops lately. There is the odd decent player available on a bosman. What you want from a free transfer is at the very least they do a job. Gary Mac and Babbel turned out to be much more for us. But lately the bosmans we have brought in may aswell be scrubbing the toilets at Anfield.

I hope Marveaux(if we get him) turns out to be a player who at the very least does a job for us. Hopefully he'll be top class.

He has played about five games on loan at Stuttgart too Paddy. Waste of space.

On a completely unrelated matter, I wonder how this chap is getting on now?

eduardo-macia.jpg

He's in the jewellery trade now. Last month he sold his BMW for four lumps of coal convinced that they would become diamonds if he someone applied enough pressure and weight on them. He checks under his fridge five times a day. Noone has the heart to tell him