You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

5.5m is an incredible deal. However, if we're funding him by selling N'Gog and then not signing any more players, we're very short upfront and still need a CB and, in my opinion, a defensive midfielder.

I don't know about selling Ngog making us short upfront, pretty sure Morgan or someone could offer us more than him

If we get Enrique for £5,5 mill I will be a happy camper...

Will improve us significantly! Our right back problem is solved, and if we can have Aurelio, who I think is greatly underrated by many (when he is playing obviously, which I admit is not to often) we'll have one of the most exciting left/right back options in the PL. (Johnson/Kelly/Flannegan and Enrique/Aurelio/Robinson).

I don't think we are done just yet, and expect (hope) for a central defender and a back-up striker as well.

Get Cahill and Park Chu-Young and we're ready to battle it our for top four at a minimum.

Bolton want N'gog, so let's make a deal...

My only concern then would be our right hand side, but I guess we can get Affallay/Shaqiri/Johnson/Hazard or someone like them next year...

Also there are still some deadwood to ship out (Degen, Poulsen, Insua, El Zhar, Cole, Kyrgiakos, Jones) but I'd love to keep both Aquilani and Meireles as I rate them both...

Wilson/Shelvey/Spearing/Wilson should be considered for loans as they need more playing time than they'll get with us to fully develop.

Unbelievable how things have changed from last year :)

Bring on the new season - psyched!!!

I think we'll be alright if we sell NGog.

We can use Dirk as a forward, and we're not going to be playing european games this season, so Carroll and Suarez aren't going to get worn out by excessive games.

Someone like NGoo could come in and sit on the bench even, he'd be a handful for some Prem defences.

By the way, did you see Aquilani score the winner for Italy against Spain last night?

If that doesn't put you in the shop window, nothing will.

The fact he even got a call-up for the Italian team is a bit of a surprise, nevermind score the winner against the World Champions.

Come on, someone must take a gamble on him now?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I don't know about selling Ngog making us short upfront, pretty sure Morgan or someone could offer us more than him

My guess is that Kuyt will be back-up to Carroll. Morgan has never played a top level game. I still think it leaves us a man short.

Sky saying Arsenal in talks over Dann.

I still believe we need another striker as our main priority. I'm happy with Carra, Agger, Skrtel, The Greek and Kelly as central defensive cover, with the likes of Wisdom breaking through as well.

Talk of Morgan stepping up to take the 4th striker role is far too premature. The lad is 17 and has only recently broke in to the reserves. I'd much prefer to see an experienced veteran come in who'll provide a proven goal threat.

Poulsen could be on his way after given this interview after last night games against Scotland - Poulsen played 45 min.:

"I need a clarification on my future here in August - and preferably as fast as possible. And I must get back to getting games regularly again," says Christian Poulsen to sporten.tv2.dk.

Need club football

This is also indirectly captain statements that it may be necessary to change clubs in order to fulfill the mission.

"Obviously, I'd love to play football, so I hope that I will," says Christian Poulsen, the question of the future may lie elsewhere than at Anfield.

"Personally, I hope there soon will be a clarification and I will play some games on a club team. I need."

Poulsen indleder august-mission - TV 2 Sporten

Christ, he's a bit thick isnt he? You didnt play when we had pretty much no midfielders, we've now got loads....take the hint!

I think he's just being greedy not wanting to ask for a transfer and say goodbye to % of the deal?

I feel confident he'll move, but not to sure we can do much more than loan him out. All depends on the offer, but his salary and age will put a few clubs off.

Anyway, this is the first time he opens up to a move away and that at least a start.

We need a centre half. Massively.

Cahill hopefully?

If there's any truth in N'gog to Bolton we might be able to get a deal done that sends Cahill the other way. Coyle seems a tad desperat to sell Cahill - possibly to finance other deals he's got lined up?

If Arsenal gets Dann I only see Cahill as a good enough player - if we're still looking to buy British. Perhaps Shawcross as Stoke have been buying some defenders, but nok keen on him.

From BBC -

1153: FOOTBALL: - Sky Sports News reports: Arsenal have opened preliminary talks with Birmingham over a possible move for defender Scott Dann.

TBH, I think Dann, Cahill and Shawcross are pretty much all of the same level. Dann is probably the cheapest, Cahill the most expensive.

If Dann wants to play for us and Kenny is interested, surely Dann's agent will be in contact with us to keep us updated on what's happening?

I see the Dann deal a bit like the Wickham deal - if we really want him, we'll pay the money. If not, we'll try and get him at our price and if that's not acceptable, he'll go else where.

Fuck me, our 1st XI from first game of last season:

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Gerrard, Mascherano (Lucas 77), Jovanovic (Maxi 64), Kuyt, Cole, Ngog

Potentially for the first game of this one:

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Adam, Kuyt, Downing, Suarez, Carroll.

Probably only five players the same at the most. Evolution or revolution? That is some overhaul in one season!

Can't wait for Saturday.

futbolinstante

#RealMadrid recibió una oferta del #Liverpool por Gonzalo Higuaín, fueron 25M€ los que se rechazaron

RealMadrid # # received an offer from Liverpool for Gonzalo Higuain were € 25M were rejected

probs bollocks but if we got him we'd win the league FACT

Fuck me, our 1st XI from first game of last season:

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Gerrard, Mascherano (Lucas 77), Jovanovic (Maxi 64), Kuyt, Cole, Ngog

Potentially for the first game of this one:

Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Adam, Kuyt, Downing, Suarez, Carroll.

Probably only five players the same at the most. Evolution or revolution? That is some overhaul in one season!

Can't wait for Saturday.

I think Enrique will start on the bench as he hasn't even trained with the team yet. But yeah it does make this season very exciting. We actually now have a decent squad(even though i'm not happy about the centre half situation, that should have been done before getting henderson who i'm not convinced we need). We can actually look at our bench and look at players that can come on and actually make a difference. We have good cover in most positions and not in europe this season to distract us. Also wonder how sunderland are going to line up as they have brought in 10 players this summer, so i'm sure their fans are expecting better things from them this season. But i reckon we'll do 'em 3-1.

It's been a good summer so far.

Hopefully get the centre back that I think we badly need.

Wouldn't have minded another wide player and striker ahead of Henderson, but it's been a brilliant summer compared to the last few.

I guess in King Kenny's mind he's thinking he has kuyt, suarez and carroll that can all lead the line so another striker isn't a priority. But I don't get the delay in getting a centre back when you have agger who is barely fit, the greek who isn't good enough and skrtel who is decent but not great and who's poor in the air. We are really weak in that department.