You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa talking to the BBC about Kenny, Inter and coming back to the Premiership...

Block109'er

Exclusive footage of Rafa's home in the Dee Estuary surfacing so he could give the interview. It looks like the Inter job took it's toll as he's gone a bit grey (although he's picked up some Italian). At least now we know where Konchesky and Duncan Ferguson have been hiding.....

YouTube - James Bond - The spy who loved me (embedding disabled)

All I'm saying, is with those frickin' sharks Purslow had better not go boating....

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In fairness Ste, this has all come from one side of the Rafa debate.

Not so.

The Rafa threads (two pro and one anti) of late have been about baiting, pure and simple.

Using the club's greatest living servant as cloud cover for the same old tiresome shite is a new one on me, I must say.

Or people practically begging other Reds to call Rafa a twat, so they can get all huffy and outraged.

Those who bit are mugs, you could have just left it and watch the whining little bitches whip themselves into an even greater frenzy than ever before.

But no, you can't help yourselves can you?

I'm happy the King is back on his throne.

What happens on TLW is a self-obsessed, point scoring obscenity and you're all welcome to it.

Enjoy.

Not so.

The Rafa threads (two pro and one anti) of late have been about baiting, pure and simple.

Using the club's greatest living servant as cloud cover for the same old tiresome shite is a new one on me, I must say.

Or people practically begging other Reds to call Rafa a twat, so they can get all huffy and outraged.

Those who bit are mugs, you could have just left it and watch the whining little bitches whip themselves into an even greater frenzy than ever before.

What happens on TLW is a self-obsessed, point scoring obscenity and you're all welcome to it.

Enjoy.

I'd also say there's a touch of xenophobia to some of it.

Not so.

Enjoy.

To be fair, you are consistent in saying this. There isn't a Rafa thread that goes by that you don't state how you are staying outta the whole thing. Oh wait....

Torres? Reina?

Slightly selective xenophobia, then?

I know the 60's skinheads did it with the reggae, like......

As you've pointed out, being xenophobic doesn't preclude them from being hypocrites.

In other news:

KING Kenny may be back in charge at Anfield – but former Reds manager Rafa Benitez still received a hero’s welcome on the streets of Liverpool yesterday.

The Spaniard was mobbed by fans as he enjoyed an afternoon stroll along Old Hall Street, in the city centre.

He happily posed for pictures with supporters outside the Radisson Hotel, including many of the workmen who are currently involved in public realm work in the area.

The Benitez family continue to live in Wirral, following Rafa’s short-lived reign at Inter Milan.

One fan told the ECHO: “He was absolutely beaming and looked great.

“He was chatting and smiling with all the workmen, posing for pictures.

“He’ll always be a legend to me.”

rafael-benitez-mobbed-by-fans-on-old-hall-street-314382023.jpg

It will take a long time, a lot of money and a massive turnover of players to restore LFC to the position it was in when he arrived.

That is the legacy of Rafa Benitez.

Tom & George salute you, you cunt.

Who needs enemies...

The people saying the Suarez thread is appalling have obviously not visited this one.

Some scary cranks on here.

Let's not forget, he's gone, so get over it.

Not so.

Enjoy.

Hodgson did the same.

But the point is Ste it's not the Pro Rafa camp using unsubstantiated bollocks and passing it off as fact, or trying to micro analyse everything Rafa says to try & guess what secret, selfish agenda he has in his one man mission to destroy Liverpool FC.

Some people won't stand for that. Christ Ste you ran a fanzine for 19 years with Mancwatch and pulled up near enough any journalist that said anything malicious about the club and its players past or present. While it's thoroughly depressing it's fan vs fan at the moment, if you can't even have a thread about an interview on the BBC with Rafa where he is supporting Kenny, after also endorsing him for the job this summer descending into a pit of bitterness and half truths masqueraded as facts then we might as well all just pack the whole fucking thing in.

Tell me one thing, just one thing that he said in that interview that has warranted the shitstorm created on here by those that despise him.

Hodgson did the same.

But the point is Ste it's not the Pro Rafa camp using unsubstantiated bollocks and passing it off as fact, or trying to micro analyse everything Rafa says to try & guess what secret, selfish agenda he has in his one man mission to destroy Liverpool FC.

Some people won't stand for that. Christ Ste you ran a fanzine for 19 years with Mancwatch and pulled up near enough any journalist that said anything malicious about the club and its players past or present. While it's thoroughly depressing it's fan vs fan at the moment, if you can't even have a thread about an interview on the BBC with Rafa where he is supporting Kenny, after also endorsing him for the job this summer descending into a pit of bitterness and half truths masqueraded as facts then we might as well all just pack the whole fucking thing in.

Tell me one thing, just one thing that he said in that interview that has warranted the shitstorm created on here by those that despise him.

To be honest it was more the Dalglish compliment for the Academy that has been used for the "see? SEE? SEEEEEEE?!?!" brigade.

And the threads on here which have basically kept the whole 'feud' boiling over began from a pro perspective.

Surely you can see that asking where all the "Rafa's a twat" comments are, and then kicking off when the usual suspects duly oblige, is an act of gross hypocrisy?

Now that it's been blogged and tweeted for the "why haven't the media emphasised this comment?" angle - riiiiiiight, because there's fuck all else going on in football this week - it smacks of using the King for the same tedious crap that has done everyone's head in for months on end.

I can't remember the Academy changes being the subject of a Benitez witchhunt in any case. Even Usher, hardly a Rafa lover, said in one issue that the changes have been for the club's benefit. Kenny was stating the obvious, and his manners have been impeccable for BOTH his predecessors.

Durango, of all people, said that the Hodgson vitriol and Rafa obsession would end when we got a manager we could ALL rally around. And he was right, or should have been.

Well guess what? We've got precisely that and this shit still hasn't ended.

I'm telling the people who can't stop themselves from having a pop at Rafa to give it up; what's the fucking point? You 'won' the argument months ago.

But let's not pretend that they're not being provoked by the very people who won't have a bad word said about the former former manager.

Everyone needs to fucking grow up. Yesterday was ace and is hopefuly the start of something good.

Why are you all still bothering with this shite?