You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa talking to the BBC about Kenny, Inter and coming back to the Premiership...

Block109'er

Whilst I'm in here to post disparaging pictures in another tedious Rafa thread, I may as well point out that those two were signed while he was here and that he took credit for them.

Aurelio and Jovanovic your best bet.

Willson was well into Hodgson's reign.

Unless I've misread what you was meaning there.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuine question - who are the 7 players Hodgson bought? There's a goalie, Konchesky, Cole, Meireles, Poulsen

who are the others? are they lads in the reserves?

Wilson and Jovanovic, I'd think.

Apart from that, the discussion is more than somewhat childish (not directed at you but a general comment as is the following). We are on the up and should be happy about it. Little kids with no frame of reference posting nonsense with the usual suspects joining in. Just let go, Dalglish is in, we will win some matches, and football is how it should be, fun.

Whilst I'm in here to post disparaging pictures in another tedious Rafa thread, I may as well point out that those two were signed while he was here and that he took credit for them.

Ah yes forgot about them.

I thought Jovanovic was contingent on Rafa staying was it not?

I'm sure I heard that somewhere.

They were scouted but not signed was my recollection. Unlike for example Jovanovic who had already signed a pre-contract.

Wilson signed in July; Rafa was sacked in June.

I'd go for Wilson and Aurelio being the other two Hodgson signings.

EDIT - beaten by a gnat's chuff! Typical...

Would people rather have had Benitez stay here and Kenny never come back or are they glad he was sacked which (eventually) gave Dalglish the chance to manager here again?

If people choose the former I don't know if I would be shocked or not anymore.

Look at the shit that has happened in between Rafa leaving and Kenny coming. If the owners left in the summer I would have loved to see Rafa stay. That doesn't mean I am gutted the King is here because after Rafa left he was my second choice behind Pellegrini.

Kenny being here and his iconic status has effectively ended any chance he had of coming back here. Something I am sure he is absolutely thrilled about in light of what was happening prior to Dalglish coming back on this forum for one. Lets face it he did nothing to quash anything regarding that possibility when Hodgson was the manager and was hanging on by a thread here after Benitez was sacked by Inter. He just let it run and run.

It has been pleasant on here since Dalglish got the job as Benitez has hardly been mentioned because everyone is behind the new boss. We have everything we want. The people who didn't want Rafa have their wish the people who didn't want Roy have their wish and the people (everybody) who didn't want G&H have their wish. Oh and Dalglish is back.

Ah, but you should go to RAWK - hold your nose - and check out the various Rafa interview threads, where a lot of posters are calling for him to return in the summer, and some suggesting that Kenny should be (at best) moved upstairs.

15/06/10

22/01/11

People need to stop talking shit about Rafa & Kenny.

Because fucking frankly they haven't got the first fucking clue.

He's a fat evil hand-rubbing liar, though, so we can dismiss his public support for Kenny or, at least, ascribe more interesting, totally unsubstantiated and duplicitous motives to it.

Fair play, you're right. I'll retire with my tail between my legs and everyone can carry on having the same soul-shreddingly boring argument they've been having for about two years.

If you are gonna retire from this thread at least call someone a cunt first. Thread etiquette an all that.

I thought Jovanovic was a Benitez signing as well - that's why I couldn't see more than 5. Aurelio I guess, but then Benitez included in as a player he's brought in and was 'value'.

He was value, just not the deal we offered him in the summer.

You're sure of a lot of things, unfortunately you were sure Hodgson would be a good manager for LFC.

Dalglish returned to the club when Rafa was manager. Rafa publicly stated Kenny should be given the job after he left in the summer. Those are facts.

So what you ironically 'are sure' of means nothing.

Excuse the aggression in the post as it's not aimed at you, but what fucking business does Rafa have in suggesting who we should or should not be appointing as his successor ? Did he leave Valencia or Inter with any pearls of wisdom ?

As I said earlier, IMO his latest ramblings is nothing more than pandering to the galleries exercise. Lets not kid ourselves here, if he for one minute thought he had a chance of getting his old job back, he'd waste no time filling Kenny's shoes.

He's had his chance here and gone. He's since been employed by another club and left them too. He may well feel as though he was harshly treated here but I think he'd have been better to show some decorum in this instance and refuse to comment.

We're only going over the same old ground. Like DD said, why should people just sit off and bite their lip whilst others wrongly wax lyrical about a man who divides opinion.

Oh and Cesterian Red.

You've got serious issues, I've told you this before and I'll tell you again..

CestErian red? Education & Spell check wasted on you prat?

Ooohhh Scared!

What serious issues are they little boy?

Want to meet me ouside the ground before the Fulham game to have a big pseudo intellectual debate?

Grow a pair (haven't dropped yet have they so it's a cheapshot,apologies).

I see others on here have got your number now & highlight your ramblings for the shite they are.

CestErian red? Education & Spell check wasted on you prat?

Ooohhh Scared!

What serious issues are they little boy?

Want to meet me ouside the ground before the Fulham game to have a big pseudo intellectual debate?

Grow a pair (haven't dropped yet have they so it's a cheapshot,apologies).

I see others on here have got your number now & highlight your ramblings for the shite they are.

Meet you outside the ground?

Sorry if you want to offer someone out on the internet you have to go to KFC County road.

Some things he did were brilliant. Some things he did were fucked up. If anybody refuses to acknowledge that simple truth then there's no point trying to reason with them. Before somebody on either side of the divide decides to pipe up with a "yeah, but..." argument, just leave it there. It's been covered to death on the FF and all it does is create unnecessary aggro. We leave it and we move on.

And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIeeeeeeeeIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEeeeeeeeIIIIIIIIII

Will always love Rafa oooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeoooooo

Will allllllwaaayssss looooooove Rafaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa