You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That show was fucking gash! It launched Ali G as well I think. That was the only half-decent part of it.

Ali G and Ricky Gervais?

How many other shows launch the career of two high profile comedians?

BTW,I dont like Ricky Gervais but thought his roving reporter character was pretty good and that Daisy bird was also pretty fit,posh totty I think.

Isn't this the reason that C4 have ditched The Daily Show?

I can't imagine how a show with those four people could possibly be a bad show. Of the four there's only Jimmy Carr that I don't hold in very, very high esteem. Mitchell and Brooker are seriosuly clued up cats when it comes to society and the news, and lampooning it, and Laverne is...well, she's Laverne; no more needs saying.

I am waiting for this show with baited breath. On the face of it, a topical news show in the style of "The ...11 O'Clock Show" with Charlie Brooker and David Mitchell should be a televisual feast, but I am fully expecting all of its promise to be dashed due to the inclusion of Jimmy "let me hold a finger up at the camera and incline my satellite dish of a head so you know I am telling a joke" Carr and Lauren "someone told me I was clever and funny once and I totally believed them but I can't be because I am from Sunderland and perhaps I should have just vanished after Kenickie so people could have remembered me as someone who was half-talented rather than as a couple of bulging eyes on stalks in a dress whispering vacuities" Laverne. It's not nice to be disappointed in advance. It's like turning 20 all over again.

Isn't this the reason that C4 have ditched The Daily Show?

I can't imagine how a show with those four people could possibly be a bad show. Of the four there's only Jimmy Carr that I don't hold in very, very high esteem. Mitchell and Brooker are seriosuly clued up cats when it comes to society and the news, and lampooning it, and Laverne is...well, she's Laverne; no more needs saying.

Stu has taken my brain.

Yeah they've binned it and are showing the 30 minutes global edition. Been watching it and The Repor' online via Firefox's modify headers. Sickener though, fucking it off for Grand Designs and other such shite.

Got to be honest - as much as I'm looking forward to this 10 o' clock live - I am gutted to not have regular Daily Show. Bollocks that.

A lot of talent in there but I will not be watching, tempting as it is, as long as Jimmy Carr is involved I'm out. Much as I have tried I just cannot stomach the man and his 'brand' of humour.

A bit like Spock as a Vulcan unable to lie, I am unable to laugh at anything he says and he ruins anything as bad aids comedy is infectious, Mitchell will try as he might but he is a comedian he cannot be tasked with finding a cure for AIDS.

Can see NN and SD roaring their hedz off at his 'genius' comedy mixed in with stolen jokes. It's it was a joke stolen from AL Jazeera NN would find him 'too divisive' of course but he's a fag too so fuck him.

A lot of talent in there but I will not be watching, tempting as it is, as long as Jimmy Carr is involved I'm out. Much as I have tried I just cannot stomach the man and his 'brand' of humour.

A bit like Spock as a Vulcan unable to lie, I am unable to laugh at anything he says and he ruins anything as bad aids comedy is infectious, Mitchell will try as he might but he is a comedian he cannot be tasked with finding a cure for AIDS.

Can see NN and SD roaring their hedz off at his 'genius' comedy mixed in with stolen jokes. It's it was a joke stolen from AL Jazeera NN would find him 'too divisive' of course but he's a fag too so fuck him.

Bit harsh there. I'm not sure many would call Carr a "genius", but away from the (overly-scripted) panel shows he's an excellent live comedian. How well he and the rest of the line-up fare in this format is anyone's guess.