You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown envelopes and service stations spring to mind here.He is on the take no doubt about it.Do people really think our game is behond corruption ? I fucking dont as time and time again utd get absolute fucking unbelivable decisions in their favour.Is it any wonder they are unbeaten in the league !!!! Its a joke and i tell you it wont be long before a manager takes his team off the pitch with these bent refs.

Brown envelopes and service stations spring to mind here.He is on the take no doubt about it.Do people really think our game is behond corruption ? I fucking dont as time and time again utd get absolute fucking unbelivable decisions in their favour.Is it any wonder they are unbeaten in the league !!!! Its a joke and i tell you it wont be long before a manager takes his team off the pitch with these bent refs.

I have always said I would love to see that. Can't remember who was manager of Spurs when there was the 'goal' that Carroll scooped from two feet behind the line, but wouldn't you be tempted to just take the team off?

Whoever did it would get in so much shit....but it would be worth it..

I've been Coaching in Canada the last few years and I have been soreley tempted. As well as being totally shit, the refs here have ethnic bias cos everyone who is in footy is am immigrant. The worst I have done is run into the centre circle off the bench and refuse to leave for a couple of mins...even seeing that off someone in the P.L would be boss!

It seems to be a syndrome that affects all referees once they become labled as our 'Top Referee'

Basically they go to shit and start making bad decisions all over the place.

I've watched back those 2 from Sunday now about twenty times and I just can't defend him at all, and that's trying my very very best to try and look at it from a detached perspective.

If one of our players had gone down like that at the other end of the ground then I'm certain that we would have gotten a booking for diving.

Equally, if Carrick had gone in on Gerrard in the exact same way it would have been a Yellow and nothing more.

Blatant 'home' decisions mixed with complete incompetence.

I don't think the guy is dishonest, I just think he's shite.

Guest ian garro

Not sure if he's dishonest or incompetent. What I do know, is that he's a shithouse. He refs games at OT, in order to not get shouted at by Taggart - and he's shit hot at that. If anyone in the media had any bollocks, theyd be pointing this out.

But they don't - as they're living by the same rules, scared of being banned from his press conferences.

The sending off on Sunday - it was down to Steven. You know Webb is in charge, therefore, don't make his job easy and give him the chance to send you off. There'd have been enough of us wanting Scholes off at Anfield for the same challenge.

Not sure if he's dishonest or incompetent. What I do know, is that he's a shithouse. He refs games at OT, in order to not get shouted at by Taggart - and he's shit hot at that. If anyone in the media had any bollocks, theyd be pointing this out.

But they don't - as they're living by the same rules, scared of being banned from his press conferences.

The sending off on Sunday - it was down to Steven. You know Webb is in charge, therefore, don't make his job easy and give him the chance to send you off. There'd have been enough of us wanting Scholes off at Anfield for the same challenge.

I get disapointed when I see this put forward as a "reason" - Footballers must be allowed to play football, the outlook and personality of one person (the Referee) should not change the way these people play football. We're there to see the players, not the referee's.

Why was Webb given this game? After the Valencia fiasco and the failure to red card two united players in the league fixture, one for the foul for the pen (last man) or the foul on Torres resulting in the free-kick which brought it back to 2-2.........

Ferguson was happy enough with him last time so I suppose he was a shoe in!

Both, the fucker...

• 9 months later...
What he do?

Correctly gave an indirect free-kick in the area for Begovic picking up a backpass from which Bolton scored when they took it quickly after Begovic, er, handed the ball back to a Bolton player whilst still 15 yards out of his goal. Good play by Bolton, can't see what the fuss was about really.

I absolutely agree with the allowing of the goal as the advantage should go with the team with the free kick , a few things I don't understand though:

Why did the keeper give the ball away to the striker when he wasn't in his goal & why don't referees usually let teams take quick free kicks just outside the box? Webb wouldn't have let this happen if it had been a few yards back.I remember Gerrard getting booked by some ref in a Champions league game for taking a quick free kick. Refs seem to make up their own rules these days.

I absolutely agree with the allowing of the goal as the advantage should go with the team with the free kick , a few things I don't understand though:

Why did the keeper give the ball away to the striker when he wasn't in his goal & why don't referees usually let teams take quick free kicks just outside the box? Webb wouldn't have let this happen if it had been a few yards back.I remember Gerrard getting booked by some ref in a Champions league game for taking a quick free kick. Refs seem to make up their own rules these days.

if they want to take a quick free kick they are ment to ask the ref i think.

if they want to take a quick free kick they are ment to ask the ref i think.

I've never understood this rule, as far as I can see it's not actually a rule anyway. It's a free kick, it's your advantage you should be able to take it when you like. And getting booked for taking it 'early' is just fucking ridiculous.

Something similar happened a couple of years ago when Porto beat Arsenal in the Champions League.

[YOUTUBE]aUNxz2jFnhE[/YOUTUBE]

Another atrocious ref, Martin Hansson. Ireland v France, Babel v Benfica, cheap penalty we got at home v Atletico and some other things that I can't remember right now.