You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But actually look at the job he did at Inter. Look at it properly, not based on one quick glance at the table. It proves fuck all.

Exactly. He left them in the CL knockouts and at least won that World Club Championship that Moratti was desperate to win it, although it was no tough achievement.

He got sacked for a bad two months in Serie A after a decent start, which was in no small part due to a major injury crisis and the fact the club didn't bring a single player in over the summer to freshen things up, and the players were fatigued after last season. Look how Bayern are even further off the pace in Germany after dominating last season because they didn't strengthen and have players off the pace.

Inter are still in the title race, so he's hardly fucked things up. They just had a bad two months of league form. Win their games in hand and they're 7 points off the top with a half a season left. It's not as if he was an absolute disaster.

I was with you until the last sentence. I'd quite like Rafa back, but I'd also be willing to accept that maybe the new owners want to make a clean break from the past, from the old ownership and move on with their own choice of manager. Whether that's an up and coming bright star - a few have been mentioned - or somebody with experience and pedigree, it doesn't matter. If they want their own manager, it doesn't mean they're simply following in the old owners' footsteps.

Give them a little bit of time.

But there really isn't anyone as good. Either in footballing or fan/ city link terms. Plus he's the only man who can wave the magic wand with the remnants of what he built over 5 yrs.

Mourinho and the like have no link with us. And they would want to change absolutely everything ( mainly as an insurance policy against their failure). I suspect perhaps we could not attract another top manager. So that would mean yrs in the doldrums with a hyped up also ran..

The parasites who see football as a business have shifted the debate. The big lie that Rafa wasnt good enough. The big lie that Hodgson was any good.

Then they'll try a big lie again. NESV will be advised to get a lapdog who will sell stars. And Sky etc will try and brainwash us "what a great manager Owen Coyle is " / some unknown German.

NESV know nothing about football. Only about making profits. So they can't question rafa's successes( nor indeed can anyone else). If they're listening to Purslow and Inner Circle and Comolli things will go badly wrong. Because those people will only look after their own interests, not ours.

The ironic thing is the people who wanted Rafa out were right - looking at the job he did at Inter.

Just because Hodgson has been woeful, doesn't mean Rafa wasn't rightfully sacked!

The point is, for all the "any manager in football would crawl across broken glass to manage us" bollocks that was spouted all last season, neither Mourinho or Hiddink or anyone with any kind of comparable track record would have come near us under the previous owners.

It was always going to be Hodgson or someone of his ilk coming in once Benitez was out the door, something which was routinely, deliberately overlooked all last year. Getting shot of Rafa and bringing in Hodgson were, at that stage, two halves of the same plan.

Personally, I think it reflects better on people to admit they wanted Hodgson last summer and got it horribly wrong, rather than attempting to wash their hands of it all by claiming they wanted Mourinho et al - because that was NEVER going to happen.

The point is, for all the "any manager in football would crawl across broken glass to manage us" bollocks that was spouted all last season, neither Mourinho or Hiddink or anyone with any kind of comparable track record would have come near us under the previous owners.

It was always going to be Hodgson or someone of his ilk coming in once Benitez was out the door, something which was routinely, deliberately overlooked all last year. Getting shot of Rafa and bringing in Hodgson were, at that stage, two halves of the same plan.

Personally, I think it reflects better on people to admit they wanted Hodgson last summer and got it horribly wrong, rather than attempting to wash their hands of it all by claiming they wanted Mourinho et al - because that was NEVER going to happen.

Exactly. Sacking Rafa and hiring Hodgson cant be seperated. When we sacked Rafa it was inevitable that we were going to end up with some tit like Hodgson. It was said on here enough times too. If you wanted Rafa out you were supporting the hiring of Hodgson as far as im concerned.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
NESV will be advised to get a lapdog who will sell stars. And Sky etc will try and brainwash us "what a great manager Owen Coyle is " / some unknown German.

If you think John Henry can be brainwashed into selling stars and fooled by sky into believing anything at all, you've completely misjudged him.

NESV know nothing about football. Only about making profits. So they can't question rafa's successes( nor indeed can anyone else). If they're listening to Purslow and Inner Circle and Comolli things will go badly wrong. Because those people will only look after their own interests, not ours.

The interests of NESV are intrinsically linked to our own.

Exactly. Sacking Rafa and hiring Hodgson cant be seperated. When we sacked Rafa it was inevitable that we were going to end up with some tit like Hodgson. It was said on here enough times too. If you wanted Rafa out you were supporting the hiring of Hodgson as far as im concerned.

That is just bollocks.

Originally Posted by Antynwa

Fuck it.

Lets get Rafa back. Lets just do it, when clubs won't do business with us, when players feel just as alienated as they did with Hodgson, and when he's completely fucked up our Academy. We can in 10 years time turn around and go. Rafa Benitez is bad for this club.

This is fucking ridiculous, every fucking thread.

Just fuck them both, Hodgson and Rafa..

You massive, massive cock! How the fuck has Rafa fucked up our Academy you fucktard?

Was it by bringing in the two of Barca's accliamed youth coaches?

Or was it by getting in players like Suso, Sterling, and N’goo, Adjoran, and Toney Silva or signing young players like Pacheco, Wilson and Shevley or giving debuts to Kelly and Eccleston?

You massive twat! Stop your incessant lying.

You wanted Hodgson; so don't you fucking dare disown him you prat.

Everyone has read your fucking stupid incoherent blog on this site!

Stop showing yourself up for the massive bell end that you are! and wind yer neck in.

Here here MASSIVE CLAP :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I consider them two separate actions. There were options then, there are options now. A bad decision was made, that's all.

Also, all the talk about having to find a 5-10 year solution is to me rather unrealistic. It took NESV quite a while to figure out the Red Sox structure and personnel, they employed shorter term people at the beginning. I do not see why that is impossible at LFC.

I consider them two separate actions. There were options then, there are options now. A bad decision was made, that's all.

Also, all the talk about having to find a 5-10 year solution is to me rather unrealistic. It took NESV quite a while to figure out the Red Sox structure and personnel, they employed shorter term people at the beginning. I do not see why that is impossible at LFC.

Yes, what worked in a different country, in a different sport, in different circumstances, with different parameters is probably going to work here.

You fucking dolt.

The parasites who see football as a business have shifted the debate. The big lie that Rafa wasnt good enough. The big lie that Hodgson was any good.

Then they'll try a big lie again. ......

Rafa was his own worst enemy. We played some great football under him but also played utter shite too many times. That wasn't the owners or the business it was Rafa doing it his way, bizarre substitutions and all.

The problem as I saw it was that the players didn't appear to believe in Rafa any more and far too many turned in indifferent performances on too many occasions. In the end, Rafa did as much as he could but for me turned in on himself and became too introspective and lost sight of what he really needed to do. He admitted he'd made mistakes but I think he took too long in acknowledging that and lost the plot and his job. I know it's a bit simplistic and that it's more complex than that (battles with owners etc.) but basically I think he wanted to to do it his way and it didn't work.

A pity, as I liked Rafa but couldn't see him doing anything which suggested he'd get us back on track.

With Roy we seem to have hit on the "lost the dressing room" and "the singlemindedness" issues after just a few games. He wasn't my choice to replace Rafa, but then again I wasn't sure who could replace Rafa. We seemed neither to have the will or the money to go after a "big club" manager and I think the owners were sucked into being able to appoint a "manager of the year" for not a lot of money (in comparison to what the likes of Hiddink et al. might have wanted).

If pushed then Kenny would have been my choice, but as much from the heart as from the head and maybe that's not such a bad thing at the moment as what our players appear to have lost is their hearts and they need to find to find them before it's too late.

And as far as NESV as only knowing about profits then I hope that's what they do know. They won't want to see their investment devaluing before their eyes. They aren't stupid and I don't think they're going to be taken in by Purslow or Comolli. I think they have a pretty good idea what they need to do and are very unlikely to appoint a "lapdog" (crosses fingers, throws salt over shoulder and bashes out YNWA on the wooden table top) but who knows?

Edited by dlfc

Yes, what worked in a different country, in a different sport, in different circumstances, with different parameters is probably going to work here.

You fucking dolt.

All I'm saying that we are looking at a short term problem which may cause massive long term problems, putting the 5-10 year solution in doubt. I simply mentioned baseball to point out that the owners have been known also to act in the shorter term interest of the club they own.

I agree with you that Hodgson must go. I'd get Dalglish in now (in fact a long time ago), but the longer we wait, the harder his job would be.

Yours truly,

Fucking Dolt

But there really isn't anyone as good. Either in footballing or fan/ city link terms. Plus he's the only man who can wave the magic wand with the remnants of what he built over 5 yrs.

Mourinho and the like have no link with us. And they would want to change absolutely everything ( mainly as an insurance policy against their failure). I suspect perhaps we could not attract another top manager. So that would mean yrs in the doldrums with a hyped up also ran..

Then they'll try a big lie again. NESV will be advised to get a lapdog who will sell stars. And Sky etc will try and brainwash us "what a great manager Owen Coyle is " / some unknown German.

Hodgson and Allardyce (Two of the best English managers of their generation) said:

Hodgson = There's no magic wand.

Allardyce = it's not a wand, it's a fucking stick

Guest TesticleOReilly
Just out of interest, who other than Hodgson are people now saying would have a) realistically come here in the summer, and b) done a better job?

Realistic now, girls, and let's try not to rewrite history too much to save face, eh?

Anyone but Raf ... fuck, hang on. Anyone but Roy. Roy, anyone but Roy!

Just out of interest, who other than Hodgson are people now saying would have a) realistically come here in the summer, and b) done a better job?

Realistic now, girls, and let's try not to rewrite history too much to save face, eh?

Think the point of the topic is Rafa shouldn't of been sacked in the first place, therefore, we wouldn't be needing a replacement.

Kennys_Spell - yep greatest managers of a criminally shite generation. The sort who'd attribute maradona's success to defensive discipline and bleep test results.

dlfc What you're saying is massively wrong sorry. Things started going wrong when it was clear the yanks and parry were bullshitting him and pretending to go for players. Then Parry dithered over Silva and Villa and insisted they sign that twat Keane instead.

Then asset stripping really got underway.

Finally they said "Rafa u can sell xabi, have then money and 45/ 50m more". Ofcourse, it was a pack of lies. Rafa got 7th, but the Fulham muppet gets us in a relegation battle

Numero Nueve

Sure Henry came over like a "quiet dignified guy", tho devoid of any undertakings. Pt is, him and NESV exist to make money, and they had no prior interest in football.

I don't see where the footballing pride has suddenly come from with them. Comolli wants to keep his job, so that means a lackey manager who doesn't decide transfers.

Purlow, + their advisors at Inner Circle etc see football fans as mugs, captive customers who can be sold a brand, regardless of whether the team gets anywhere near silverware.

They've clearly thrown in the towel on a top 4 or maybe even top 7 place. Why is that?

Dalglish.

I do not know about Pellegrini, conflicting reports. Then there's a whole host of "lesser" names, check Code's posts, at times he knows what he's talking about.

You massive, massive cock! How the fuck has Rafa fucked up our Academy you fucktard?

Was it by bringing in the two of Barca's accliamed youth coaches?

Or was it by getting in players like Suso, Sterling, and N’goo, Adjoran, and Toney Silva or signing young players like Pacheco, Wilson and Shevley or giving debuts to Kelly and Eccleston?

You massive twat! Stop your incessant lying.

You wanted Hodgson; so don't you fucking dare disown him you prat.

Everyone has read your fucking stupid incoherent blog on this site!

Stop showing yourself up for the massive bell end that you are! and wind yer neck in.

Very well said!

Funnily enough, if Rafa had his way, we wouldn't have a club right now.

Didn't he and Purslow lock horns because Rafa thought Purslow had to much control of the club; thus wanting him removed from the board?

If Rafa did get his way, Purslow would've got sacked and Gillett(or was it Hicks) would have brought in his son to be on the board.

So when the votes came in with the NESV bid, it would have been knocked back 3 votes to 2. Gillett, Hicks and son on one side, with Broughton and Ayre on the other.

We probably then would have gone in to administration, losing 9 points and selling off players like Torres, Reina, Gerrard and whoever else would have made some money. Then the carcass of our club would have been sold to some financial group, and before you know it, we're Leeds.

Horrible thing is, this so could've easily happened if Rafa got rid of Purslow.