You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sir slur & Hodgson.

redsoxs

This isn't a post about sacking Hodgson, which is a little usual.... but a question; is the relationship between the two managers part of the problem?

After reading this Empire of the kop

PA-9974764.jpg

Is seems some want to use the relationship as an excuse to why Hodgson should never been Liverpool manager! personally i couldn't give shit about relationship the as long as the team plays quality attacking football with some good results.

Ludicrous over-reaction to fuck all. I want Roy to go, but some people are using everything he says or does as a stick to beat him with and it's ridiculous.

Houllier was mates with Fergie, but we sang his name on the Kop. Gerrard is mates with Rooney, are we going to attack him for that? It's all very small-minded stuff and some people need to get a sense of perspective.

This isn't a post about sacking Hodgson, which is a little usual.... but a question; is the relationship between the two managers part of the problem?

After reading this Empire of the kop

PA-9974764.jpg

Is seems some want to use the relationship as an excuse to why Hodgson should never been Liverpool manager! personally i couldn't give shit about relationship the as long as the team plays quality attacking football with some good results.

We were being told that Kenny Dalglish has a similar sort of relationship with Ferguson - I'd still much rather have Kenny than Hodgson as our manager. Not because of who his friends are but because of his feelings for our club and fans.

Shankly and Busby were mates, maybe we should have fired Shanks?

Busby wasn't a massive cunt and he was a former player. Either you are not getting the point, or what I just said.

And no, it's not wrong, but in the context of what Hodgson has said about him during his time here it doesn't look to smart.

I'm not arsed about who the manager regards as his mates/bum chums/gal pals. What I had an issue with was the fact that Hodgson completely misread (or ignored) the Liverpool Manager Script, and trumpeted from the rooftops how much he was worried that him taking the job might affect his friendship with the drunken al cunt.

Whoever he's mates with outside of the job doesn't arse me. Just keep it at the door of Anfield every morning and spill blood and tears for our cause as Liverpool manager.

it's also stupidity on the part of manager

in the context or him doing a terrible job and his comments about not upsetting ferguson, about utd wanting torres and his response (or lack of) when ferguson called torres a cheat, it isn't a good idea to shove his friendship in our face.

against that background he really doesn't want to continue to act like fergusons bitch

Friendship with Slur isn't a problem.

Outward subservience is.

I should add I was willing to give Roy the benefit of the doubt initially on this, given that his Fulham usually seemed to give the Mancs a hard time, at the Cottage at least. I guess it amounts to a rod for his back, with his woeful results acting as the hand which strikes the rod.