You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dithering Owners

Spartacus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest San Don
Get on with it. It might just be a business opportunity to you guys, but its a massive part of my life.

Oh hello. You want to bring RAWK levels of shiteness to TLW do you?

Hold on a sec twats, what has he said wrong?

Happy New Year.

To say they are dithering is incorrect.

Dithering - to be uncertain or indecisive.

FSG are far away from being uncertain or indecisive, they know Roy is the wrong man. We all know. They are actively looking for a CEO who can make the correct decision as they have already stated they don't have the experience when it comes to football.

We can all sit here and say Kenny is the answer. But thats another argument for another thread.

oh, Happy New Year.

2 - 1 Bolton, Roy to get the sack :whistle:

Guest ShoePiss
To say they are dithering is incorrect.

Dithering - to be uncertain or indecisive.

FSG are far away from being uncertain or indecisive, they know Roy is the wrong man. We all know. They are actively looking for a CEO who can make the correct decision as they have already stated they don't have the experience when it comes to football.

We can all sit here and say Kenny is the answer. But thats another argument for another thread.

oh, Happy New Year.

2 - 1 Bolton, Roy to get the sack :whistle:

If they've decided he's the wrong man for the job they should remove him immediately, to do not so is dithering at best, at worst it's gross negligence.

If they haven't realised he's the wrong man for the job they are just as incompetent as he is.

If they've decided he's the wrong man for the job they should remove him immediately, to do not so is dithering at best, at worst it's gross negligence.

If they haven't realised he's the wrong man for the job they are just as incompetent as he is.

:wallbutt: :wallbutt: :wallbutt:

Guest Numero Veinticinco
If they've decided he's the wrong man for the job they should remove him immediately, to do not so is dithering at best

I completely disagree. It would be dithering or negligent to run head first into a decision as vital as this one. Just because he's the wrong man, it doesn't mean we should Newcastle the situation and sack him on the spot.

Thoughtful diligence is what I expect from these owners and that's what we're getting. It's natural in the kneejerk world of fandom for us to want things to happen this very second, but they're looking beyond the very short term. I'm glad they are.

I completely disagree. It would be dithering or negligent to run head first into a decision as vital as this one. Just because he's the wrong man, it doesn't mean we should Newcastle the situation and sack him on the spot.

Thoughtful diligence is what I expect from these owners and that's what we're getting. It's natural in the kneejerk world of fandom for us to want things to happen this very second, but they're looking beyond the very short term. I'm glad they are.

SOMEBODY WHO GETS IT!!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

However you dress it up, the real question is can Hodgson procure better results and preformance on the pitch than a successor, whether that is a caretaker or a permanent appointment.

Most of us have taken the view that Hodgson is getting the worst out of a decent squad with his prehistoric tactics and he is taking us in a nosedive towards the unthinkable, relegation. In these circumstances, decisive action is called for to arrest the decline and get the players to rally around a man who can induce some element of pattern and teamwork to our game. There are plenty of candidates who would do a much better job than Hodgson so he should go now.

If not, it's fair comment to accuse them of dithering or incompetence. I don't see any massive brains trust at work behind the scenes here, producing some visionary plan to return us to a top side.

I can understand why some of us are a bit peeved off but I think we are being a little unfair on the owners. Trying to look at the bigger picture we now know the owners do not want hodgson anymore so he will be gone sooner than later. Secondly for me personally I cannot see then allowing such information be released when they have ONLY just started the search. They themselves 3 weeks ago witnessed on lfc.tv what fans thought of hodgson, they are not stupid so for me I think they already gave a shortlist of 2/3 candidates. If we lose today I do think he will be gone by early next week. Finally we should have patience with them for now and go with them. They said they will not make short term decisions that effect the club. Doesn't sacking hodgson without having someone to replace them a short term decision that will effect he club? Oh course dalglish would be brilliant to have but i can't see the owners wanting to make such appointment. Yes hodgson needs to go and sooner rather than later please but right now am prepared to bide my time and go with the owners for the next couple of weeks as i think they will get rid of hodgson and replace him.

If I decided I didn't like my job, but I had a family to support and a mortgage to pay, I wouldn't walk out on the spot and then start looking around, I'd look around for a another job first, then walk out. That wouldn't be dithering, that would be common sense.

So let me get this right, we turn on a fellow fan who has known football all his/her life & had this club in his or her heart all that time, yet we're not supposed to question a couple of new owners who only knew football existed 6 months ago?

Just so I know the rules for future reference.

Guest PurpleNose

I don't accept the comparisons with Newcastle. Newcastle haven't won anything since 1428. They've sacked managers that are their level. Its quite clear Roy isn't a Liverpool manager, never was, never will be. Newcastle have fired managers performing much better than Hodgson is. A Newcastle decision might have been to sack him in October. We're a game away from halfway through the season, and we're three points above the drop. There wouldn't be anything remotely kneejerk about fucking him off now.

I imagine NESV are looking beyond the very short term. Which is why they should sack him immediately. We're not going to get Champions League football with Roy, probably not even Europa League. Our best players are going leave in the summer, possibly some of our most promising youngsters as well. Give Hodgson the whole season and it could effect the next three.

I accept that we won't get our number one long term choice now, so we should look to someone to take the reigns for the next 5 months. I'd happily take Dalglish or Benitez in that role, but understand that other fans, and indeed NESV, could invisage problems with either, as can I. So what about about the suggestion of Borrell? or McMahon? What is the risk with these? Neither would expect the job long term. Neither would be under huge expectations from fans, although improving on 12th and playing like Greece shouldn't be too difficult.

There are options for the rest of the season. Options that don't have to include Hodgson, and don't have to have a huge detrimental effect on the mid/long term future of the club.