You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson Mega Thread: The Sequel

Dicko

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope I hope he fails miserably in his next job, I may sound a cunt however can you imagine the media if he goes on to do well somewhere else

plus i think he is a cunt of a person as well

For what it is worth, me too. There is little evidence from his time with us that even suggests he is a nice man. I dare say he has developed this 'nice man' tag from the fans of clubs that have never employed him.

Every word he has uttered since he has been here has been either inconsistent or contemptible. He will be for ever the beloved of Evertonians, Mancs, Mypost, and any other haters of Liverpool.

I dont detest him, he's out of his depth and he needs relieving of his duties.

He was never going to say no to us, he had a go, he failed miserably, we move on quickly as possible.

I do, if he had any decency he would have left us several games back... He is holding on for dear life, waiting for his golden payoff whilst dragging us through the mud doing it....

For that alone I'll always despise him, and of course you have the damage he has done to our reputation as well.....

I do, if he had any decency he would have left us several games back... He is holding on for dear life, waiting for his golden payoff whilst dragging us through the mud doing it....

For that alone I'll always despise him, and of course you have the damage he has done to our reputation as well.....

I really don't think he's waiting for a payoff, for one, he could have left by "mutual agreement" and got paid. He's out of his depth but he's too naive to know it and he genuinely believes his can turn it around. I truly believe he wants to be sucessful at the club but isn't good enough for the job. I feel a bit for him at times because he seems a nice guy...but then I listen to his latest press conference.

I really don't think he's waiting for a payoff, for one, he could have left by "mutual agreement" and got paid. He's out of his depth but he's too naive to know it and he genuinely believes his can turn it around. I truly believe he wants to be sucessful at the club but isn't good enough for the job. I feel a bit for him at times because he seems a nice guy...but then I listen to his latest press conference.

He's a cunt. End of.

LIVERPOOL LEGENDS BACK HODGSON

Liverpool legends Kevin Keegan, John Barnes and Steve McManaman insist Roy Hodgson could survive as Liverpool manager, despite him appearing on the brink of the sack.

Wednesday's 3-1 Barclays Premier League defeat at Blackburn could spell the end of Hodgson's short tenure, with reports last week suggesting new owners NESV were actively pursuing a replacement.

But Keegan, Barnes and McManaman are adamant the 63-year-old still has time to turn it round, starting with Sunday's FA Cup third-round tie at Manchester United.

Keegan said: "In one word, yes, of course he can.

"The opportunity comes at Manchester United to get back on track.

"It's a tough one. Liverpool are a big club, big expectation, underperformed over a number of years - way before Roy Hodgson went in there.

"The decline at Liverpool has not just happened in the past three to six months. It's been going on for a period of time.

"They've got to give him time but it's the one thing you don't get, as we all know. The clock ticks on the wall and managers don't get time.

"They thought he was right four months ago and he did a great job at Fulham, so they've got to back him.

"They chose him - they've got to back him."

Barnes added: "You know what football's like. It's results driven and pick up some results and the tide changes.

"As much as Liverpool aren't doing well now, if they put some results together, beat Manchester United in the FA Cup, hopefully, and then do well, things change.

"But in football, generally speaking, if you lose, you're going to be under pressure, particularly at a big club."

McManaman said: "The Chelsea manager, who did the double last year, he's under pressure. They're talking about him getting the sack this morning.

"Beat Man United, win the next league game, beat Everton, and everything's rosy again.

"Lose, lose, and lose and he'll struggle again."

The trio all agreed Hodgson should be backed by his bosses.

Barnes said: "I believe that all managers should be give support and I think that the biggest testament to that is Manchester United.

"They haven't been playing well but they have a manager who everybody respects, everybody supports."

Keegan added: "If you go back to when Sir Alex Ferguson took over at Man United, he had a tough start.

"He wasn't in too dissimilar a situation."

Hodgson appeared to alienate some of his own club's fans last week when he accused them of failing to give him adequate support.

Barnes said: "We know that things haven't gone particularly well and there may be people who are against Roy.

"All of the Liverpool fans that may be against Roy now, I'm sure that if they start winning matches, they will support him - because they love their club.

"That's what football fans want. They want success for their club."

:: Kevin Keegan, John Barnes and Steve McManaman were speaking on behalf of ESPN ahead of their live FA Cup third round games and the ESPNsoccernet 'Cup of Dreams' fan poll.

Football365 | All The News | Football News | LIVERPOOL LEGENDS BACK HODGSON

LIVERPOOL LEGENDS BACK HODGSON

Liverpool legends Kevin Keegan, John Barnes and Steve McManaman insist Roy Hodgson could survive as Liverpool manager, despite him appearing on the brink of the sack.

Wednesday's 3-1 Barclays Premier League defeat at Blackburn could spell the end of Hodgson's short tenure, with reports last week suggesting new owners NESV were actively pursuing a replacement.

But Keegan, Barnes and McManaman are adamant the 63-year-old still has time to turn it round, starting with Sunday's FA Cup third-round tie at Manchester United.

"The opportunity comes at Manchester United to get back on track.

"It's a tough one. Liverpool are a big club, big expectation, underperformed over a number of years - way before Roy Hodgson went in there.

"The decline at Liverpool has not just happened in the past three to six months. It's been going on for a period of time.

"They've got to give him time but it's the one thing you don't get, as we all know. The clock ticks on the wall and managers don't get time.

"They thought he was right four months ago and he did a great job at Fulham, so they've got to back him.

Barnes added: "You know what football's like. It's results driven and pick up some results and the tide changes.

"As much as Liverpool aren't doing well now, if they put some results together, beat Manchester United in the FA Cup, hopefully, and then do well, things change.

"But in football, generally speaking, if you lose, you're going to be under pressure, particularly at a big club."

McManaman said: "The Chelsea manager, who did the double last year, he's under pressure. They're talking about him getting the sack this morning.

"Beat Man United, win the next league game, beat Everton, and everything's rosy again.

"Lose, lose, and lose and he'll struggle again."

The trio all agreed Hodgson should be backed by his bosses.

Barnes said: "I believe that all managers should be give support and I think that the biggest testament to that is Manchester United.

"They haven't been playing well but they have a manager who everybody respects, everybody supports."

Keegan added: "If you go back to when Sir Alex Ferguson took over at Man United, he had a tough start.

"He wasn't in too dissimilar a situation."

Hodgson appeared to alienate some of his own club's fans last week when he accused them of failing to give him adequate support.

Barnes said: "We know that things haven't gone particularly well and there may be people who are against Roy.

"All of the Liverpool fans that may be against Roy now, I'm sure that if they start winning matches, they will support him - because they love their club.

"That's what football fans want. They want success for their club."

:: Kevin Keegan, John Barnes and Steve McManaman were speaking on behalf of ESPN ahead of their live FA Cup third round games and the ESPNsoccernet 'Cup of Dreams' fan poll.

Football365 | All The News | Football News | LIVERPOOL LEGENDS BACK HODGSON

Seems like the cunt still has a few friends in the press.

And before anyone says that I'm out of line, and the whole lack of respect crap: I've never seen him as our manager, I have no respect for him, and his actions show him to be what he is, a cunt. If you think that I'm out of line for that, your atrophy with regards to our league position, the cunt's lack of ambition, the cunt's lack of being able to take responsibility, the our goal difference, our current lack of respect from anyone remotely involved in football, and worst of all, the cunt's lack of respect for supporters AND the greatest player this club has ever seen, that is out of fucking line!!!

"Beat Man United, win the next league game, beat Everton, and everything's rosy again."

This is the kind of clueless nonsense that kills me. All will be rosy if we get 6 points in our next games againt lower clubs? All will be forgiven?

Media soundbite nonsense.

Guest PurpleNose
"Beat Man United, win the next league game, beat Everton, and everything's rosy again."

This is the kind of clueless nonsense that kills me. All will be rosy if we get 6 points in our next games againt lower clubs? All will be forgiven?

Media soundbite nonsense.

Not to mention the fact its unlikely to actually happen.

Guest davelfc

And even if he had stopped at 'yes' you'd have to wonder how much damage that baseball bat did.

Keegan also said

No matter what you think or Rafa or Hodgson in this case, my question is why have we seen such a large drop off in the performances of the players?

largely this group finished 2nd two years ago. yes there have been comings and goings but honestly only alonso and masch have really left. both very good and influential players but for us to drop to mid table and beyond?

while i think Hodgson's tactics are crap, even his tactics aren't to blame for some of the ineptness we've seen. last night was hurtful.

i'm wondering if the real reason for our problems is the age of our team. i'm looking at chelsea for parallel's and i see two things.

first the top players in each team are mostly on the wrong side of late 20's to 30

(drogba, anelka, lampard vs gerrard, carragher, maxi, dirk)

and 2nd the depth that was once a strength is now gone.

subs like kelly and babel and wilson vs sturridge and kakuta etc

has our team just gotten too old to play in the premier league?

or is the line so fine between finely tuned tactics and our current situation that it can lead to results dropping so precipitously?

i truly believed that rafa's time had come, but mostly because the players had tuned him out. i just can't believe that they tuned out roy that quickly. i really can't.

YSL3.3EDTConcentrateSpray.JPG

I received this in the post today which was nice.

And while it's not dead expensive it does make you smell like a man, unlike that poisonous shit Gaultier.

Down with that androgynous sort of thing.

Just a quick update I also received this in the mail today as well:

31NW15KMQBL.jpg

It is without doubt the most disgusting aftershave in the history of all creation.

Not fucking happy.

or is the line so fine between finely tuned tactics and our current situation that it can lead to results dropping so precipitously?

i truly believed that rafa's time had come, but mostly because the players had tuned him out. i just can't believe that they tuned out roy that quickly. i really can't.

Maybe there is not that much to tune out. If you play 4-4-2 there are just problems with our guys.

1) You add another player in Torres's space, make him do the donkey work, and in practice reduce him to just another striker.

2) You make the defence worse by adding another striker, who most likely tracks back just as little as Torres does, leaving massive space for the other team to play in.

3) You most likely play Gerrard in CM, and as his defensive contribution has been going down over the years, so you make the defence even worse.

4) You play Johnson more as a defender, as you do not have 2 CMs tracking back, and that takes away from his performance.

And on and on throughout the team. But it's been discussed many times, I just think the main reason is the way we attempt to play. It is easy for the opposing teams to figure out and react to. We keep conceding goals the same way, and in general that is why 4-4-2 is not so widely used by the top teams, other formations have bypassed it long ago.