You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson Mega Thread: The Sequel

Dicko

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hodgson already talking about moving on to the next game and putting this behind us.

This guy has no intention of leaving.

He'd be far better off financially not to resign. Unless his contract has a clause "Must not be shit".

Thing is if its gonna happen, he will be gone by tomorrow morning simple, to allow the guy to takeover to have a 3 days of prep for the mancs on sunday. Should not take Kenny too long to bed in (please please please even just for 6 months, give him the job)

Why has he not been sacked yet? What are the owners waiting for? It makes no sense to me at all. Presumably they bought the club for us to win things. Surely - surely - they can plainly see that with Hodgson we are more likely to be relegated than win anything. Why keep him on only to cause more damage?

It makes no bloody sense at all. None.

Roy Hodgson on the brink as Liverpool slump to ninth league defeat | Football | The Guardian

Roy Hodgson's position as Liverpool manager became even more precarious last night when a ninth league defeat of the season left him refusing to answer questions about his future.

Fenway Sports Group, the club's newly-titled owners, are under increasing pressure to bring forward plans to replace the 63-year-old after only six months in charge following a 3-1 defeat at Blackburn Rovers, Liverpool's seventh loss in 10 Premier League away fixtures this season.

Hodgson vowed not to resign in the wake of last week's home defeat by then bottom-of-the-table Wolverhampton Wanderers but came in for renewed and sustained criticism from Liverpool supporters at Ewood Park. Afterwards, in a press conference that was brought to a halt after three minutes and three questions, the Liverpool manager admitted to being dejected and disillusioned but would not elaborate on his own position at the club.

"I am not prepared to talk about my future," said Hodgson. "At this moment I am depressed enough with the performance and the result. I am not here to talk about that. I have no comments to make and I don't intend to answer any questions on the subject." With that, the press conference was called to an end by Liverpool's director of communications, Ian Cotton.

Liverpool were three goals down after 58 minutes to a Blackburn side missing eight senior players through injury and Asia Cup duties. They are now only five points off bottom place, out of the Carling Cup and face Manchester United in the third round of the FA Cup at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Before addressing the third question regarding his hold on the Liverpool job, Hodgson expressed sympathy with the club's travelling support for serving up another miserable performance. "We are very dejected, we have feelings of bitter disappointment and frustration," he said. "We thought they were poor goals to concede. In the second half the players gave it their best shot, we had plenty of the ball. Who knows, if Steven's [Gerrard] penalty had gone in we could have salvaged something from the game. We are very frustrated and disappointed for the fans.

"If you are Liverpool and you lose away to Blackburn then it is impossible to put a positive slant on it. As far as I'm concerned, it's a really bad day. We had a very large travelling contingent and I know they were dejected at the end. What the fans are feeling, I can assure them that if they came into the dressing room they would see people similarly dejected."

Hodgson again intimated he had no intention of walking away from Anfield. He added: "In football you keep going as best you can. You try and make sure the next result is a better one but that's all you can do. Football throws up good and bad moments, and in a bad moment no amount of talking can change that."

Liverpool's principal owners, the chairman Tom Werner and John W Henry, are understood to be assessing potential candidates to succeed Hodgson but their search is complicated by availability at this stage of the season and their reluctance to appoint Kenny Dalglish, the fans' favourite and now club ambassador, even on a temporary basis. A demanding sequence of fixtures – starting with United, a trip to Blackpool next Wednesday and then the Merseyside derby at home to Everton – may protect Hodgson against an immediate change but, equally, he may not survive more damaging results over that period.

Prior to the Wolves defeat, FSG were reluctant to dispense with the former Fulham manager until the end of the season. However, with attendances at Anfield dropping, continued revolt in the stands and a several dreadful results, the pressure to sack Hodgson is mounting.

Steve Kean, meanwhile, Blackburn's new manager, insisted the club's ambitious move for Ronaldinho is not yet dead despite the Brazilian's stated desire to remain in his homeland. "We will pick that one up tomorrow and see where we are," he said.

Roy Hodgson on the brink as Liverpool slump to ninth league defeat | Football | The Guardian

Roy Hodgson's position as Liverpool manager became even more precarious last night when a ninth league defeat of the season left him refusing to answer questions about his future.

Fenway Sports Group, the club's newly-titled owners, are under increasing pressure to bring forward plans to replace the 63-year-old after only six months in charge following a 3-1 defeat at Blackburn Rovers, Liverpool's seventh loss in 10 Premier League away fixtures this season.

Hodgson vowed not to resign in the wake of last week's home defeat by then bottom-of-the-table Wolverhampton Wanderers but came in for renewed and sustained criticism from Liverpool supporters at Ewood Park. Afterwards, in a press conference that was brought to a halt after three minutes and three questions, the Liverpool manager admitted to being dejected and disillusioned but would not elaborate on his own position at the club.

"I am not prepared to talk about my future," said Hodgson. "At this moment I am depressed enough with the performance and the result. I am not here to talk about that. I have no comments to make and I don't intend to answer any questions on the subject." With that, the press conference was called to an end by Liverpool's director of communications, Ian Cotton.

Liverpool were three goals down after 58 minutes to a Blackburn side missing eight senior players through injury and Asia Cup duties. They are now only five points off bottom place, out of the Carling Cup and face Manchester United in the third round of the FA Cup at Old Trafford on Sunday.

Before addressing the third question regarding his hold on the Liverpool job, Hodgson expressed sympathy with the club's travelling support for serving up another miserable performance. "We are very dejected, we have feelings of bitter disappointment and frustration," he said. "We thought they were poor goals to concede. In the second half the players gave it their best shot, we had plenty of the ball. Who knows, if Steven's [Gerrard] penalty had gone in we could have salvaged something from the game. We are very frustrated and disappointed for the fans.

"If you are Liverpool and you lose away to Blackburn then it is impossible to put a positive slant on it. As far as I'm concerned, it's a really bad day. We had a very large travelling contingent and I know they were dejected at the end. What the fans are feeling, I can assure them that if they came into the dressing room they would see people similarly dejected."

Hodgson again intimated he had no intention of walking away from Anfield. He added: "In football you keep going as best you can. You try and make sure the next result is a better one but that's all you can do. Football throws up good and bad moments, and in a bad moment no amount of talking can change that."

Liverpool's principal owners, the chairman Tom Werner and John W Henry, are understood to be assessing potential candidates to succeed Hodgson but their search is complicated by availability at this stage of the season and their reluctance to appoint Kenny Dalglish, the fans' favourite and now club ambassador, even on a temporary basis. A demanding sequence of fixtures – starting with United, a trip to Blackpool next Wednesday and then the Merseyside derby at home to Everton – may protect Hodgson against an immediate change but, equally, he may not survive more damaging results over that period.

Prior to the Wolves defeat, FSG were reluctant to dispense with the former Fulham manager until the end of the season. However, with attendances at Anfield dropping, continued revolt in the stands and a several dreadful results, the pressure to sack Hodgson is mounting.

Steve Kean, meanwhile, Blackburn's new manager, insisted the club's ambitious move for Ronaldinho is not yet dead despite the Brazilian's stated desire to remain in his homeland. "We will pick that one up tomorrow and see where we are," he said.

Stevie, please stop posting links and get back to what you do best - emailing twats and getting them to resign. And before you respond to me, I don't work at the club!

I wish he had gone sooner, as even though we knew he was the wrong man, he might have left with a few good wishes. The way it is going he will be detested when he goes, and that's a shame.

It can't happen soon enough. I hope the whispers on Twitter are true. We'll know soon enough.

he's already detested: I've never detested a Liverpool manager before but this man takes the biscuit. There is not one good thing about him. Not One. What would you clap him for when he returns to Anfield with Charlton (?), assuming a better manager gets them in the Premier League, or Warnock gets the sack at QPR and they need someone to 'steady the ship'.

he's already detested: I've never detested a Liverpool manager before but this man takes the biscuit. There is not one good thing about him. Not One. What would you clap him for when he returns to Anfield with Charlton (?), assuming a better manager gets them in the Premier League, or Warnock gets the sack at QPR and they need someone to 'steady the ship'.

nope I hope he fails miserably in his next job, I may sound a cunt however can you imagine the media if he goes on to do well somewhere else

plus i think he is a cunt of a person as well

With regards to the guardian i hope they are just guessing as much as us. Quite frankly after tonight, we cannot take anymore, we have had enough and its time to act, unfortunately that means roy needs to go.

Sorry but i keep saying enough of it already.