You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anyone seen those blob lights in the American desert that are actually alive as far as I can see? Chase people and shit, fuck with their heads and scientists can't explain it and no one really knows what the fuck is going on, sometimes they appear going in and out of the ground and get this, they have foot prints. Anyway I've stole a march on all of them as clearly they are living organisms I can tell from the way they move and the interactions, they seem to enjoy taking the piss out of humans, whether they are lights or just aliens we cannot see as our eyes do not filter their spectrum well is another matter but that is also something I predicted when I was about 9-10 years old. You could never properly detect an alien with the physical human eye, not it's shape, nor the light or colour of it. Anywhow that's just speculation, these are real.

Guest ShoePiss
Any of you following that astronaut https://twitter.com/Astro_Wheels ? He posts amazing photos nearly every day..

The last mystery location is magnificent Mount Elbrus, domina... on Twitpic

162566038-5cf138a6c1d16c1d95437ea3f3752a73.4c91ffb8-scaled.jpg

I am yeah, some outstanding pictures from him. I watch the ISS fly over on clear nights, it's mad to think that he's up there taking pics and posting them on twitter.

I'm sure the picture of Italy in this thread is his.

Anyone seen those blob lights in the American desert that are actually alive as far as I can see? Chase people and shit, fuck with their heads and scientists can't explain it and no one really knows what the fuck is going on, sometimes they appear going in and out of the ground and get this, they have foot prints. Anyway I've stole a march on all of them as clearly they are living organisms I can tell from the way they move and the interactions, they seem to enjoy taking the piss out of humans, whether they are lights or just aliens we cannot see as our eyes do not filter their spectrum well is another matter but that is also something I predicted when I was about 9-10 years old. You could never properly detect an alien with the physical human eye, not it's shape, nor the light or colour of it. Anywhow that's just speculation, these are real.

I can't work out whether you're taking the piss here. I've no idea what you mean here. Link?

marfa30

Chaps get on it!

"The ghost lights have entranced area settlers and visitors for more than a century and have eluded precise scientific examination and explanation for at least half that long. Some viewers claim to have seem them up close, describing them as one or two (occasionally more) red or yellow or bluish lights about the size of basketballs, or one colored basketball-sized light, or as a single, startlingly bright light. But most people view them from afar, the way Hallie Stillwell has done for more than 75 years. " (http://www.urbanlegends.com/science/marfa_lights.html Janet Christian. Urban Legends. July 23, 1993. marfa_lights.html)

8... "I think it is quite obvious the lights in these photos come from highway traffic between Marfa and Presidio. Still this does not explain reports of lights traveling beside vehicles at highway speeds and several tens of feet away from the roadway. And it does not explain sightings that occurred as far back as the mid 1800s before automobiles came along." (http://homes.sulross.edu/~bbaker/alpine/marfa_lights.html Bill Baker marfa_lights2.html)

8... "I think it is quite obvious the lights in these photos come from highway traffic between Marfa and Presidio. Still this does not explain reports of lights traveling beside vehicles at highway speeds and several tens of feet away from the roadway. And it does not explain sightings that occurred as far back as the mid 1800s before automobiles came along." (http://homes.sulross.edu/~bbaker/alpine/marfa_lights.html Bill Baker marfa_lights2.html)

14... "The lights really do defy all attempts at explanation. Attempts to locate their source always fail because they usually vanish when anyone tries to approach them. People hike, ride horseback, drive jeeps, and even fly helicopters and airplanes to follow the lights. Some have followed them as far as thirty-five miles. The lights always win. Searchers have never found campfires, buildings, tire tracks, footprints, or any other evidence that could explain the lights' sources. Some people even claim that the lights would reappear, after they had abandoned the search and were miles away looking back over their shoulders. The lights can be seen in the southwest, across the Mitchell Flats near Chinati Mountain, from an official viewing point on Highway 90 between Alpine and Marfa. This viewing point was erected at the request of area ranchers, who became tired of curiosity seekers disturbing their cattle, and they had a right to complain. Just about every night, right before dusk, the parking lot fills up with spectators equipped with everything from binoculars, cameras, and camcorders to high-powered telescopes. And they are seldom disappointed. As the sun sets, the lights appear, coming in all sorts of sizes, which climb in the sky, then merge, split, or float back down. They change color, appearing green, yellow, blue, and sometimes orange. One minute they will be bright, then fade and disappear. They have even been reported between Paso Lajitas and San Carlos, Mexico, and the Federales, who patrol the road for smugglers, have been fooled into spotting what they thought were approaching headlights, only to have no vehicle ever appear." (http://www.theoutlaws.com/marfa.htm marfaL8.html )