You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I have absolutely nothing against him but i'm struggling to find what it is that he offers, he defines averageness to me.

Some players have strengths that offset their weaknesses. Lucas has no strengths. He can't tackle, can't pass, doesn't score goals, doesn't create.

He just runs around kicking opponents shins and giving away free-kicks.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some players have strengths that offset their weaknesses. Lucas has no strengths. He can't tackle, can't pass, doesn't score goals, doesn't create.

Lucas is of no use to a team that wants to play possession football. His passing is not sharp, intelligent or accurate enough. Liverpool's use of possession last season was possibly the worst I've seen in getting on for four decades, and that was substantially down to Lucas and my favourite Dutchman. And he's worse without the ball - he's absolutely awful at defending space and preventing opposition walking through midfield. I dont dislike him, but he has a stultifying influence on our performances. We must do do better.

Lucas is of no use to a team that wants to play possession football. His passing is not sharp, intelligent or accurate enough. Liverpool's use of possession last season was possibly the worst I've seen in getting on for four decades, and that was substantially down to Lucas and my favourite Dutchman. And he's worse without the ball - he's absolutely awful at defending space and preventing opposition walking through midfield. I dont dislike him, but he has a stultifying influence on our performances. We must do do better.

Good analysis. Spot on.

Piece on NOTW about ROy going for Carlton Cole and that he wants to send Lucas the other way.

Not saying its true, but could add up with Lucas wanting to go to London.

BBC Sport gossip mentioned Babel not Lucas, but seeing as West Ham already have a melange of shit wingers Lucas makes more sense if they are planning on selling the 'definitely won't be sold' Parker.

Spot on.

If I were to offer young Betty two peices of advice, it would be :

1. try passing the fucker forward

2. try sprinting for once.

Mascherano and Leiva for Poulson and Moatie. It remains to be seen which would be the better pairing, but there's probably not a lot in it. If it gets Stevie playing a bit more advanced then that's good.

If Leiva does Leiva then part ex for Carlton Cole might be a decent bit of business.

Slightly underwhelmed with most of our transfer activity tbh, but if we can stay there or thereabouts and keep what we already have or similar, while we wait for new owners, I will take it.

Nice use of the word 'stultifying'.

I agree that Lucas doesn't add much to us keeping possession but i think Kuyt does, and is also important for us winning the ball back.