You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I don't want him to leave in this window anyway. We've got two new fellas to bed in and behind them we've got Speo with 18 competitive appearances and Shelvey who is 18.

Lucas is decent backup. If we sold him we might strengthen elsewhere but we would weaken our centre.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want him to leave in this window anyway. We've got two new fellas to bed in and behind them we've got Speo with 18 competitive appearances and Shelvey who is 18.

Lucas is decent backup. If we sold him we might strengthen elsewhere but we would weaken our centre.

I think the reason he gets so much stick is that he became a direct replacement for alonso. Is was the same for insua who also looked really good when playing spasmodically (thanks roy), they're just not good enough to start every game. When lucas is on top form hes a good player ie benfica at home, when his form dips he struggles.

I'd go further than that and say his form is hugely dependent on the players around him. When we're playing well he slots into the team and puts in acceptable performances. When it's all going badly, he's noticeable. Bit like Kuyt. I think there is a place for both in the squad, but hopefully we have better first choice options.

I'd go further than that and say his form is hugely dependent on the players around him. When we're playing well he slots into the team and puts in acceptable performances. When it's all going badly, he's noticeable. Bit like Kuyt. I think there is a place for both in the squad, but hopefully we have better first choice options.

Good point although i'm far more comfortable with kyut being first choice than lucas. I don't really understand the love/hate shit with players these days. Lucas wouldn't play for brazil if he was worse than spearing. (don't want to have a go at jay but if lucas was scouse people would be creaming themselves).

Given the way we are shaping up to play, Lucas is not going to be a key performer. If we'd stuck to the possession game then he might have kicked on this year, but he's the antithesis of where we are going. He's wasting his time being the fifth wheel again, he's better off heading somewhere to play tika-taka and we're better off trading for a striker or someone who is going to play direct and fast.

We have reportedly tabled a bid for Gokhan Inler, real anchorman with pace, height, stamina, uncompromising "who the fuck are you looking at" attitude and great presence in the centre of the park. At the beginning he was worth around 12 million pounds, now it dropped to 9, unless, which is very probable, Naples enter bidding war and we might not clinch a move. Anyway Meireles plays in Lucas MrNoPosition Levia role, so as box-to-box/deep-lying playmaker, Lucas days are numbered. Poulsen is just to stabilise us in the middle of the pitch and provide some competition, he is not first choice DM. That'll be Inler perhaps. Personally, I'd love to see there one of Capoue/Lass Diarra/Flamini, Defour/Banega/Witsel instead of Meireles and M.Diarra/Boateng/Annan/Ledesma instead of Poulsen, still will be very pleased just to get rid of Lucas. At last!

Whether Lucas stays or goes I dont think he will be a regular anyway now with the Meireles signing.

Not gonna stick knife in and be like he is shit, he is this... rather see what happens with him. But generally speaking with or without Lucas our side despite our ify start in the epl, once it gels, we could have a strong side.

===============Reina=============

Johnson====Carragher===Agger===Konchesky

=============Meireles===========

==========Gerrard===============

Maxi===========Cole========Jovanovic

==============Torres==============

SUBS Jones, Skrtel,Aurelio,Poulsen,Kuyt,Pacheco, second striker

And thats without this supposed Inler bid and also players like Kelly.

So kind of have to ask the question is a Lucas needed now when we have Gerrard, Meireles, Poulsen, Shelvey and possibly Inler in our squad? All ifs and buts at moment but i have no problem with Lucas staying or going, bit of a weird one for me.

Sell Lucas, give Spearing his place in the squad, and use the money towards N'Zogbia.

First part, fine.

Second part: Spearing is not good enough, will never make it here.

Third part: a complete cunt, 'I am on strike if I don't get a move'. No thank you.

Somebody has to carry the kit.

:biggrin:

I can never fault Lucas for his attitude but he is one of those players that loads say he has so much potential and at time he works his socks off and i commend him for that but personally he isnt a favourite of mine. I love players that are underrated in a squad, names like finnan ring a bell for being like that but but i just dont see it with lucas but i could never say he is a shit awful player.

its more like a 'meh' when he plays, neither made up he is playing nor about to shot myself through depression.

Not anywhere close enough to being good enough but I get the feeling he will go on to be a good player when he gets his confidence back. Some of his earlier games for us he showed real promise but never delivered on that promise. His attitude has been fantastic even if his abiliy as a player is less so and for that reason I wish him nothing but the best in the future. I'm really sorry it didn't work out for him becayse he seems a genuine lad.

First part, fine.

Second part: Spearing is not good enough, will never make it here.

Third part: a complete cunt, 'I am on strike if I don't get a move'. No thank you.

Yeah we already got rid of someone in the N'Zogbia mould, mentally at least. Don't need to be signing another.

Btw, is there actually any truth in this rumour about him wanting out? About the possibility of him leaving this window? Seems this is all blind speculation.

I have absolutely nothing against him but i'm struggling to find what it is that he offers, he defines averageness to me, he might go on to be a great player but not with us, like others have said you sort of expect some sort of explosion of ability from him but it just never happens.

He won't be missed, as long as he is replaced i'm not avert to a new face.

Based on the general reaction, I'd say someone was mischief making. I doubt it was on there.

It was on there I saw it and heard what Swanson said, TB said he hasn't asked to leave, therefore, if he goes it's obvioulsy not through personal choice.