You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

People boycotting the shirts

wrightylew

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't bought a piece of club merchandise since 2007 when it all kicked off.

Hardly anyone's bothered boycotting the shirts. I've seen millions. Not just my clueless fellow southerners either, scousers as well. All get pissed off when you question it. Shame.

Unfortunately, there is no official boycott. SOS don't organise one as their members are against it.

Hardly anyone's bothered boycotting the shirts. I've seen millions. Not just my clueless fellow southerners either, scousers as well. All get pissed off when you question it. Shame.

Forgive me if I'm being a turbomong, but can someone explain to me why it's unacceptable to spend £40 on the shirt but perfectly reasonable to spend £680 on a season ticket?

I'm not trying to be a nipple here chaps - I genuinely want to know what people's thoughts are on this.

Forgive me if I'm being a turbomong, but can someone explain to me why it's unacceptable to spend £40 on the shirt but perfectly reasonable to spend £680 on a season ticket?

I'm not trying to be a nipple here chaps - I genuinely want to know what people's thoughts are on this.

If I don't renew my season ticket, somebody else will only buy it. And I wouldn't get it back either.

If I don't renew my season ticket, somebody else will only buy it. And I wouldn't get it back either.

Surely that renders any other form of financial boycott you enter into pointless?

The fact you won't abscond it because "someone else will only buy it" is irrelevant?

I thought the shirt boycotts were a case of: "I will not line the pockets of the men ruining my club."

Your stance comes across as: "If I don't pay into the G&H brand, someone else will, so I might as well carry on doing so."

??

Buy the alternative top insted its on the forum somewhere ive just got one ordered in the first batch,i believe they are on batch 3 now so they are selling in big numbers,it shows your support for the team/club but the yanks dont get a penny win,win until the yanks fuckoff

Guest davelfc

Generally people who declare they would 'give up their season ticket' or say' you should give up your season ticket' don't have a season ticket.

When you've waited 20 years for a season ticket to see the team you love then it's not going to be easy to give it up. There is little point as others have stated (again and again) in giving up a season ticket in protest. Others (probably ones calling for people to give their ticket up) will snap it up and you will have to wait another 20 years to get it back.

I have 2, you'll have to drag them out of my cold dead hands.

Instead I have decided to boycott all cup games, all friendly games too. I shall attend only league games this season or until the current owners have departed. I never purchase food or drinks or anything from the stadium or shop. I have also just purchased the alternative black shirt. These are personal choices and not ones forced on me by anyone that has decided they are a better fan than I am.

Surely that renders any other form of financial boycott you enter into pointless?

The fact you won't abscond it because "someone else will only buy it" is irrelevant?

I thought the shirt boycotts were a case of: "I will not line the pockets of the men ruining my club."

Your stance comes across as: "If I don't pay into the G&H brand, someone else will, so I might as well carry on doing so."

??

I've been going to the game since I was a kid, I'm not letting those two parasites stop me do that. Ticket money isn't something that can be effectively targeted I don't think, because a lot of people work down my logic of "I'm not giving it up." And I make no apologies for that either.

The club can be effectively targeted with boycotts of the club shop and demonstrations on match days - but that line hasn't been pursued.

Generally people who declare they would 'give up their season ticket' or say' you should give up your season ticket' don't have a season ticket.

When you've waited 20 years for a season ticket to see the team you love then it's not going to be easy to give it up. There is little point as others have stated (again and again) in giving up a season ticket in protest. Others (probably ones calling for people to give their ticket up) will snap it up and you will have to wait another 20 years to get it back.

I have 2, you'll have to drag them out of my cold dead hands.

Instead I have decided to boycott all cup games, all friendly games too. I shall attend only league games this season or until the current owners have departed. I never purchase food or drinks or anything from the stadium or shop. I have also just purchased the alternative black shirt. These are personal choices and not ones forced on me by anyone that has decided they are a better fan than I am.

spot on mate,we all have to do what we feel makes a differance in our own way if i had a season ticket(i dont been on the list for about 8 years so will probably never get one)there is no way i'd give it up because someone else will buy it the yanks wont lose out only i would why stop watching the team ive supported for 30 years because of 2 scumbags who will be gone this year ori hope they will

Guest davelfc

??

Utter bollocks. If I don't buy a shirt then they lose that money. Not the same with a season ticket. Let's say there are 30,000 season tickets. Well no matter how many people boycott and give up their season ticket they will still sell 30,000 of them.

I've never known a season when the home shirt has sold out completely, I mean you just cannot purchase any more. They probably make a lot more money from shirt sales too, not to mention how a boycott would annoy the kit and shirt sponsor.

??

Not necessarily. If someone gives up their season ticket, then you can guarantee the next person on the waiting list will buy it, so it makes no difference. However, by not buying the shirt, that is one less shirt sale guaranteed, so the more people that do that, the better. I’ve got every single home shirt since 1981, but for the first time I didn’t buy the last one, and I wont buy the new one until they thieves are gone. I always have a new polo shirt, and I buy the training tops for the gym, so they’ve lost out on a few hundred quid from me. A drop in the ocean, but even a few hundred like me (which there are) and the drop in the ocean becomes 10s of thousands very quickly. I went to only one home game last year in the UEFA Cup, and did not attend any home league game. The first time I hadn’t attended a home league game all season since 1982.

Buying a shirt isn't critical to supporting the team. Going and supporting the team is.

Buying a shirt isn't critical to supporting the team. Going and supporting the team is.

Precisely. The club exists for fans. Replica shirts exist for executives and manufacturers.

My sister isn't really clued in on any of this and got me a really nice T-shirt from teh club shop. May as well wear it as it's aid for already, but that's it for me now. Not getting my girls any more t-shirts etc.

Guest simon

I agree season ticket are accepted as they're extremely hard to get. And if all goes as planned the

Yanks will be gone very soon.