You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard

RobbieOR

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Heres to hoping that he comes out and ends all this speculation that his World Cup is over. He's no excuses now.

I don't want Gerrard to be sold - I love the guy for everything he's done here - but if he is to be sold, and if he fancies a new challenge, I think this summer would be a brilliant time for it. His value is going to rapidly decrease from here on in, I'd wager.

I don't want Gerrard to be sold - I love the guy for everything he's done here - but if he is to be sold, and if he fancies a new challenge, I think this summer would be a brilliant time for it. His value is going to rapidly decrease from here on in, I'd wager.

Well yes, We wont get another chance to sell him. But the new manager aint getting the 30 million. Mr RBS will.

He'll be off on holidays now so you wont hear from him for a few weeks yet. He'll wait and see if there is any decent money available for the transfer window, and if there is, then I think he'll stay. Doesn't much matter anymore anyway. We wont be challenging for anything for the remainder of his career regardless. It'll be a good few years before this mess is cleaned up.

If he's got any sense, he'll try and prolong his club career by fucking international football off, and that applies whether he stays with us or decides to fuck off.

You know he won't, if I were him I wouldn't play in the Euro 2012 qualifiers, just play in the finals. However, he'll be vilified for it.

Well yes, We wont get another chance to sell him. But the new manager aint getting the 30 million. Mr RBS will.

Lets say he was sold for £30m, we would most likely be paid it over 3/4 years like mosst transfers and Real dont have loads of money to spend this year and what they do will go on maicon and di maria and will be funded by alot of sales so RBS wont be getting that, also RBS extended the loan on the basis the full loan not £10m will be paid back in March of next year that was the agreement. Anyway that was a bit off subject, like you i'd hate him to go but if he wants to go fine, Benzema in return, thank you.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Some turkeys voting for christmas here. Who says we would be able to spend any transfer money we get for him?

Well, that's obviously a proviso. There would be hardly any player I'd sell if the money wasn't reinvested. Certainly with our top players.

If I were him my thought process would go: Crap season, crap World Cup, Liverpool, ho hum, one last contract left, Italy or Spain could be nice for two or three years, a new challenge, new enthusiasm, slower pace of play, well what am I waiting for...

I get the feeling a lot of our fans want him to leave. Bizarre, if true.

Legs have gone. Shit captain. Can't control a game. Needs the team built around him. Never won the league with him( see, he's so crap/ a bad influence that he's held back the likes of Cheyrou and Diouf from leading us to glory). Always sulking. Playing to get the manager the sack. Best friends with Bascombe. Fat. Thinks he's bigger than the club.

Have I missed any?

Don't care what he does. Too prone to mood swings and not nearly fit enough... enough of the time. Legs also beginning to go imo

i agree with that 100%

i honestly think he's on the slide, and if we can sell him to a foreign club for 30 million, then we'd be silly not to

He's a magnificent player and I hope he stays. If anything good comes out of that shocker, however, it will be (a) Istanbul was 5 years ago and he can't do that kind of performance anymore. No shame there, but he has to think more and husband his energies with more care. His discipline was non-existent at times, he played some silly 'Hollywood balls' and he didn't use his BRAIN enough. (b) He's a poor captain - an inspirational player, but a poor captain. At this stage in his career he needs to be left to concentrate on his own game.