You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hangeland is actually pretty good on the ball as well.

Like I`ve said earlier, when Hodgson was his coach at Viking FK he used Hangeland in CM to improve his on the ball skills and his reading of the game.

He would be a good signing, but we should have been in for him 3-4 years ago.

I think if we signed Hangeland and got in a decent leftback then we would instantly be 5 - 10 goals better off at the back.

You'll know more than me code being the stat man, but we shipped a shit load from corners and freekicks. Surely a dominant centre back, regardless of his age is worth getting in?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually thhink Hodgson may discover a couple of gems for us in Scandinavia, he knows that market quite well, while Macia probably could'nt point out Sweden Denmark and the rest out on a map.

I can only speak for Norway but right now we dont have many gems to spot I`m afraid.

Hodgson signed loads of players from Scandinavia for Fulham and only Hangeland can be seen as a success.

Hangleand would improve our defense of set pieces massively, neither of our CB are dominant in the air and our fullbacks are not great headers either along with our midfielders.

I can only speak for Norway but right now we dont have many gems to spot I`m afraid.

Hodgson signed loads of players from Scandinavia for Fulham and only Hangeland can be seen as a success.

Hangleand would improve our defense of set pieces massively, neither of our CB are dominant in the air and our fullbacks are not great headers either along with our midfielders.

We've lost a lot of height in the squad the last few years with Sissoko, Riise, Hyypia, Alonso etc all leaving.

RBS probably think the £20m we borrowed last summer went on transfers instead of into Purslow's "transfer account".

I'm in no way trying to defend that weasel Purslow but, we did spend what we brought in last summer, and 7 1st team players and the manager got payrises and new long term contracts the money had to come from somewhere, if the same amount of finance and sales go back into the team this summer i'll be content, as nobody is to be awarded payrises this summer.

I'm in no way trying to defend that weasel Purslow but, we did spend what we brought in last summer, and 7 1st team players and the manager got payrises and new long term contracts the money had to come from somewhere, if the same amount of finance and sales go back into the team this summer i'll be content, as nobody is to be awarded payrises this summer.

Last time I added it up we were about £20m light plus the disappeared Keane money. Pre-Purslow, wages were never treated as part of the transfer budget - extra wages came out of extra earnings from ticket price rises, TV etc.

Last time I added it up we were about £20m light plus the disappeared Keane money. Pre-Purslow, wages were never treated as part of the transfer budget - extra wages came out of extra earnings from ticket price rises, TV etc.

I agree with you on the wages thing but what i'm saying is he does'nt have that excuse this summer, the Keane money I think in the end was we just did'nt give Spurs what we owe them, still should have ment an extra £10m in the pot i know.

If we were to go for a swap with Real I'd ask them about Granero and Arbeloa too. Benzema's wages could be prohibitive. VDV's too, but his valuation would be quite a bit lower.

As for scandinavian targets, I want to repeat, Anthony Annan would be marvelous. Yes I used the word marvelous without irony.

If we were to go for a swap with Real I'd ask them about Granero and Arbeloa too. Benzema's wages could be prohibitive. VDV's too, but his valuation would be quite a bit lower.As for scandinavian targets, I want to repeat, Anthony Annan would be marvelous. Yes I used the word marvelous without irony.

They cant be on more than Gerrard!

If we were to go for a swap with Real I'd ask them about Granero and Arbeloa too. Benzema's wages could be prohibitive. VDV's too, but his valuation would be quite a bit lower.

As for scandinavian targets, I want to repeat, Anthony Annan would be marvelous. Yes I used the word marvelous without irony.

Are you on crack Pidge, biggest shithouse in European football that cheating little cunt.

Contributes with nothing going forward either, just sits in the middle fouling players.

Contributes with nothing going forward either, just sits in the middle fouling players.

Sounds like an ideal Mascha replacement to me.

Not that I agree, he is a pretty good player going forwards too and hits the ball cleanly. Which is something Mascha can't do.

Best get Papa Bouba Diop on the phone then, because what we need in the midfield is height!

Code has spoken.

We do not need Annan because he`s not good enough for us.

We need more tall players though, the last couple of years we have sold too many of our taller players and replaced them with midgets or players who cant head the ball ( read Skrtel).

We need someone to win the headers in midfield, we had one in Xabi now we have no one.

Swap deal? Our owners don't do swap deals, they want cash.

"If" captain, "if". It was in there for a reason. This is a thread of speculation.

Anyway, me and Code clearly don't agree on Annan. Maybe he's seen more of him than me but he's only ever impressed me when I've watched him. More than made up for the lack of one of the world's best midfielders for Ghana as well. I think with Mascha leaving we need another tough tackler in midfield as we won't have any without him.

You're in Norway Captain, what's your opinion of him? What's his reputation in Norway?