You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

End of University

Salou

Thread for anyone that's graduating this year.

Had my final exam yesterday and that's 3 years of a law degree all done and dusted. Got to say majorly mixed emotions and I'm getting nostalgic and melancholic about the time. Before I got to University everyone told me that it would be some of the best years of my life and I've got to say the rest of my life is going to have to do a lot to live upto these 3 years. Amazing people, amazing city just an amazing time and now I come out the other side with a degree (well technically not yet as it could all go shit and I don't end up graduating having failed it all but let's not think of that right now!)

To all those graduating congrats (and commiserations) now that job...

Thread for anyone that's graduating this year.

Had my final exam yesterday and that's 3 years of a law degree all done and dusted. Got to say majorly mixed emotions and I'm getting nostalgic and melancholic about the time. Before I got to University everyone told me that it would be some of the best years of my life and I've got to say the rest of my life is going to have to do a lot to live upto these 3 years. Amazing people, amazing city just an amazing time and now I come out the other side with a degree (well technically not yet as it could all go shit and I don't end up graduating having failed it all but let's not think of that right now!)

To all those graduating congrats (and commiserations) now that job...

You doing the LPC or taking the Bar exams afterwards???

You doing the LPC or taking the Bar exams afterwards???

I'm taking a year out mate to earn some money and do a bit of travelling and the year after hopefully going along the bar route. To be honest I'm waiting around to see what my final degree classification is and make my decisions based on that but hopefully the legal route beckons.

Just enrolled for my last semester today. Going to be done in December. Have plans to head back into second year for that LLB I left back in 06. Fingers crossed.

you coming back to blighty then?

I'm going to hijack the thread, as we were remincising about this at my 30th. Me and my housemate Nick finished our final exams super early. In typical student style we had a magnificent celebration lunch of beans on toast drinking champagne we picked up from the offy on our way back from the exam halls.

Uni = best years of your life by a country mile. Its downhill from now i tell yer. Fucking hell i wish I was 18/19 again.

To the law graduate (that's if you pass! :-) ) if you haven't already, get some work experience in a law firm. It's absolutely vital if you want to try and get a training contract/pupilage.

I got a high 2:1 degree and a distinction in my LPC and it was a real struggle to try and get a training contract after that due to lack of experience. Seriously, academic ability helps, but I'd say work experience is possible even more beneficial.

I didn't get one in the end. Went down the graduate recruitment scheme and am now earning a lot more than I would if I was doing a training contract, for a lot less hours and stress!

Dunno need to save up. Reckon I could squeeze a few out of the parentals to let me take another trip. Will spend more time up north this time. Still torn whether I want to come back or go to Cali.

Save up. Flutter your eyelids and i'm sure your old man will cough up. You don't wanna spend more time up here either, its grim. Although today has been rather lovely.

Cali? fornia?