You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This Transfer Budget

Rafa needs to come out today in response to what Hicks has said about substancial funds been available, now we all know that this is bollocks and Hicks is a lying cunt, but everytime they come out with this sort of rubbish it has to be jumped on and there lies highlighted.

Rafa Benitez has a duty to the fans to respond to this today IMO, he has to come out and say what he's been told regarding money available, and if as we suspect theres nothing to spend he must say it and highlight Hicks lies, as everytime we can expose there lies it helps the battlle against them, I wonder what Broughton and Purslow has to say about this transfer fund.

Rafa needs to come out today in response to what Hicks has said about substancial funds been available, now we all know that this is bollocks and Hicks is a lying cunt, but everytime they come out with this sort of rubbish it has to be jumped on and there lies highlighted.

Rafa Benitez has a duty to the fans to respond to this today IMO, he has to come out and say what he's been told regarding money available, and if as we suspect theres nothing to spend he must say it and highlight Hicks lies, as everytime we can expose there lies it helps the battlle against them, I wonder what Broughton and Purslow has to say about this transfer fund.

Whatever Rafa says or does he's going to get slated, unfortunately.

Rafa making excuses again. Should just shut up and get on with his job. He'd only waste it anyway. Should use any cash to sack him. He can't get on with anyone. Stop shit-stirring, Rafa.

Have I missed any out?

You mean Rafa needs to come out and continue to play political games against the owners?

No I mean 1 of our owners has gone on National TV and said there will be substancial transfer funds available, while Purslow has said different in his SOS meeting and we all know different, we have another oppurtunity to expose HIcks as a liar, and Rafa needs to come out and say wether what Hicks said is true or not and say it now, not let the summer drag out and then we get all the leaks coming from the "senior sources", he now has an oppurtunity to respond and needs to take it.

This is'nt Rafa been told this in meetings with the owners/management this is national TV there can be no denial about what was said, it should be jumped on by Rafa and the 2 Tonys at the times, and if its not you have to ask why not.

Yeah I was thinking this watching that teats interview last night. There is NO way he has broken the habbit of a lifetime and stopped bullshitting.

Rafa needs to come out and say "since when is no money a significant transfer budget?" people other than us need to know that hicks is a lying moneygtabbing heartless cold manipulative self obsessd cowboy bastard!

Morning rant over hahaha

Yeah I was thinking this watching that teats interview last night. There is NO way he has broken the habbit of a lifetime and stopped bullshitting.

Rafa needs to come out and say "since when is no money a significant transfer budget?" people other than us need to know that hicks is a lying moneygtabbing heartless cold manipulative self obsessd cowboy bastard!

Morning rant over hahaha

Exactly and if he does'nt come out and say something it just leads people to believe that his contract last year has that gagging order about speaking about the owners and budgets etc which has been widely suspected as been a clause he agreed to is actually true, if this oppurtunity is missed well what are people supposed to think. hicks has lied on TV and Rafa needs to jump on it.

Rafa should just come out and say "I'm really pleased that Mr Hicks has agreed to make substantial transfer funds available. I and many of our players have already said that we need substantial investment in playing staff, so for Mr Hicks to make this statement shows a signal of intent."

No I mean 1 of our owners has gone on National TV and said there will be substancial transfer funds available, while Purslow has said different in his SOS meeting and we all know different, we have another oppurtunity to expose HIcks as a liar, and Rafa needs to come out and say wether what Hicks said is true or not and say it now, not let the summer drag out and then we get all the leaks coming from the "senior sources", he now has an oppurtunity to respond and needs to take it.

This is'nt Rafa been told this in meetings with the owners/management this is national TV there can be no denial about what was said, it should be jumped on by Rafa and the 2 Tonys at the times, and if its not you have to ask why not.

That's the thing though, we don't know different do we. all we know is speculation conjecture and spin. we don't know anything that's being played out in all honesty other than other people's opinions or so-called ITK's passing stuff on, who may well be pushing an agenda.

We do know the club is in a shit load of debt, we also know C&A are habitual liars. however from what i can see all Rafa coming out and saying hicks is a liar is going to achieve is more in-fighting at the club, on here, on other fan forum's. creating further discord and instability and unfortunately distract everyone from the main aim of ridding these cunts from the club (All of them) . Anyway who's to say if Rafa came out and said what Hicks said yesterday was bullshit. That C&A wouldn't just deny it and re-iterate the crap spouted yesterday.

I understand your point and in my original response i was being a bit facitious. someone does need to come out and say that Hick's was spouting his usual bollocks. I tend to agree with Dirty Sanchez's method though, which would probably be the best way forward. plus it'd force C&A's hand. a put up or shut up sort of thing rather than rafa saying "hmm I've been told there is no money"

The transfer budget issue is a complicated one. I struggle to trust Purslow any more than Hicks, I've heard from third parties (all on here) that one minute he is saying there is no money and the next he has been in Real talking about a VDV deal behind Rafa's back. I don't know what to believe, I'll settle with what I know for sure.

First off, with the financial arrangements being what they are if there is money to spend it has nothing to do with Hicks, it would have come from through the agreement with the banks. Secondly, there clearly is some money around; we are signing players and recently signed our best player (on recent form) to a new contract, which isn't a cheap process. I'm not saying it's much or even that it's definitely there at all, but to say we have no money at all to spend is patently untrue.

I don't find it too outlandish that considering our league position the bank has agreed to a certain budget to show new investors that the club isn't stagnating. Or maybe the money that has been spent recently is just the funds which were recouped from the January sales. Which would suggest that if Rafa sells he can buy. Or maybe Purslow is withholding funding to try and force Rafa out and therefore holding the club back in the long run as Rafa isn't going to budge.

I had hoped that Rafa saying he was going to stay would have meant the club could have gotten on with preparing for next season, sadly we are still getting the same old mixed signals, at least the players have towed the line and Torres and Gerrard have deflected transfer talk at least until after the WC, which will mean we get the most money for them.

I can't wait for the World Cup now as at least I'll have a distraction for a couple of weeks, then it'll be July and the transfer season will be in full flow and we will finally see the situation more clearly.

He's a fukcing disgrace dancing like that and dragging the name of LFC down into the gutter.

You serious??? In sick of this right, leave him alone.

He's having a laugh! With the fans, what's wrong with that? He is making the best of a shit situation, what do you want? Him sat rocking in a corner because he had a bad season?

The season before we were unlucky not to win the league and with all the mess going on In the background hats off to him. He had a bad season, so what? He's staying to fix it and good on him.

I'm not the biggest fan of his defensive Footy either but I'm not manager and neither are you? If you could do better then go do it. . .

Just think it's a tad harsh you kicking off about him dancing?!? What harms it doing? Leave the fella alone, some fans would moan n bitch matter what he did

You serious??? In sick of this right, leave him alone.

He's having a laugh! With the fans, what's wrong with that? He is making the best of a shit situation, what do you want? Him sat rocking in a corner because he had a bad season?

The season before we were unlucky not to win the league and with all the mess going on In the background hats off to him. He had a bad season, so what? He's staying to fix it and good on him.

I'm not the biggest fan of his defensive Footy either but I'm not manager and neither are you? If you could do better then go do it. . .

Just think it's a tad harsh you kicking off about him dancing?!? What harms it doing? Leave the fella alone, some fans would moan n bitch matter what he did

Negged.

Also, he was wearing a suit jacket with jeans and black shoes. If that's not a sackable offence then I don't know what is.