You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle promoted to top flight

James

With all the uncertainty surrounding them earlier in the season at board room and managerial level, I thought they'd struggle bigtime at first, especially as there's always a culture shock when an established Premier League team drops down a division. But fair play to Chris Hughton, who's got them playing decent football and turned them into a real juggernaut in the Championship - not a mentality that's easy to instill in that club at the best of times, never mind the above!

Next season though, I don't know about them. They've signed a lot of players who've looked comfortable at that level (Routledge, Best, etc), but will they cut it in the Premier League? We'll also have to see what their defence will be like next season, whether it'll revert to type or continue to look solid. They also lack a consistent goalscorer, unless that biff Andy Carroll continues to progress (and stays out of Community Service).

Living in the north east, I was hoping this season to do a merry dance and laugh at them languish in the Championship while we chased a championship of our own. So yes, I think it was me who jinxed our season!

They made a big mistake in January imo, it was clear for all to see they were going up and they went and signed a few average championship players when they should've been planning for next year and i cant see Ashley exactly being generous with transfer funds, not sure how they will do

Harper- Premier League, decent goalkeeper

Collocini- definatley has the quality but didn't adapt last time, was always going to find Championship easy

Enrique- decent premier league left back

Nolan- not sure, he had the potential to be a top player but last few years in the Prem he hasn't performed at all

Hall- Championship

Williamson- couldnt get a game at Pompey, says it all

Barton- good enough but will spend most the time injured/behind bars/suspended

Guthrie- decent player

Routledge- Championship

Lovenkrands- should do okay

Simpson- Championship, Blackburn terminated his loan when they had no natural right back!

R.Taylor- good Premier league squad player

Smith- shite, living on his Leeds reputation still

Jonas- would do very well with more end product

Best- Championship, 176 career games 41 goals, a fair share of them in league one as well

Pancrate- Championship

Butt- would be okay as a squad player i guess, if just for experience

Ameobi-shite

Carroll-decent, just got a few screws lose

Krul- good back up

Taylor- should be in a top ten side

Kadar- don't know much about him

Ranger- good prospect

Guest Dog Chaser

Glad they've got back in the Premiership, always enjoyed the away days to Newcastle because we normally beat them and going out the piss in Newcastle is a good laugh.

The most deluded fans in the history of football. I hope they go straight back down without winning a game.

Their fans were at it again on the radio this morning.

One of them rang in this morning on the radio and said that David Moyes deserves to be at a big club (which is fucking hilarious) and they should replace Chris Hughton with him.

They will be linked to about 10 strikers in the summer and go down becasue their back 4 is shite again.