You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Breaking Bad Thread

chorlton

Fucking hell!

I had a feeling he was going to end up using Saul's guy. Wasn't sure how the episode would pan out as it was obvious after Marie getting called by Hank that he couldn't get away with it long term.

Regarding his decision making, I think it's always been clear that he is OK when he plans and always comes up with a good way to deal with things but that he doesn't deal well with spur of the moment decisions.

He's a scientist and an analytical thinker and doesn't really have the quick thinking someone like Mike would have. That's why Mike always thought, as was proven, that he was dangerous. 

Or as also pointed out by Hank "You're the smartest guy I know, but you're too stupid to know he made his decision ten minutes ago".

Think its pretty obvious whats going to happen next, what with the fast forward scenes they have shown us, surely he comes back and goes after Todds crew after all the shit has settled down.

To be honest Todds crew have been very reasonable and helpful to Walt along the way bar taking most of his money, you could even say that was fair game especially as they left him some.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Walt showed how evil, spiteful and power crazed he now is in last night's episode. Apart from trying to spare Hank's life and ensuring Holly was delivered safely back to her mother, he was remorseless. Leaving Jessie to the neo-Nazis knowing he would be tortured and then allowed to die, and then spitefully admitting to Jessie that he watched Jane OD, taking Holly with him to spite Skyler, his phone call to Skyler and the threats he made to her.

The last two episodes now make this show the greatest there has ever been in my opinion, I was already hooked by Walt's journey to this point as he got himself in deeper and deeper and the shows attention to detail has always made it something above the norm, but these last two have had me gripped like nothing before.

It will be a sad day when I have watched the final episode and realise there will be no more, but then I will start looking forward to watching the entire story again from episode one.

• Upvote 1

Vincent Vega, Walts phone call to Skyler was a charade, it was quite obvious, the reason for him being like that was to exhonerate her from all the mess with the old bill.

To be fair the show is so clever in the respect that some things are not obvious at first but a couple of days or episodes later it dawns on you.

Don't know how anyone can expect Walt to have any sympathy for Jessie, hes a whiney little bitch liability who has had it coming for a long time, Walt has genuinely cared for him the whole way through but Jessie went way to far this time, can't blame Walt at all for finally losing patience with him, it was a spiteful thing to tell him about Jane for sure but hes just watched Hank get his brains blown out.

What an amazing character Walt is,  i really hope he doesn't die in the end, if he does please not Jessie or Marie being the one that does it.

The game being tonight is a massive inconvenience.

I'm sure David Fincher said he's seen the last 2 episodes & that if they were released as a film, it would clean up at the box office / OSCARS.

I don't know how it can get much better than that episode.

Thats the unique thing with BB though isn't it, it always does get better when you think its not possible.

Vincent Vega, Walts phone call to Skyler was a charade, it was quite obvious, the reason for him being like that was to exhonerate her from all the mess with the old bill.

To be fair the show is so clever in the respect that some things are not obvious at first but a couple of days or episodes later it dawns on you.

Don't know how anyone can expect Walt to have any sympathy for Jessie, hes a whiney little bitch liability who has had it coming for a long time, Walt has genuinely cared for him the whole way through but Jessie went way to far this time, can't blame Walt at all for finally losing patience with him, it was a spiteful thing to tell him about Jane for sure but hes just watched Hank get his brains blown out.

What an amazing character Walt is,  i really hope he doesn't die in the end, if he does please not Jessie or Marie being the one that does it.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

I think Walt was genuinely pissed off at Skyler for telling Walt Jr what had been going on and for not going along with him when he wanted the family to run. You may be right though, and he obviously knew the police would be there listening in, and it was an attempt to distance Skyler from his activities.

I can see that Walt would be massively pissed at Jessie and he has in a bumbling way looked out for him, despite watching Jessie's girlfriend die and doing nothing about it and then poisoning Jessie's latest girlfriend's son in a an attempt to manipulate Jessie. Whist Walt has looked out for Jessie, he has always done it for selfish reasons or to manipulate him to do what ever it is Walt wants doing. He has practically driven Jessie out of his mind.

I think it's inevitable that Walt will die, the show has not been afraid to kill off major characters all the way through the series, and I just don't see Walt walking off into the sunset for a happy life elsewhere. Marie is a candidate for killing him, though the neo-Nazis finishing him off would be more credible. I have a feeling it will be Jessie who kills him in the end, and for some that could be the perfect end, but the show likes to throw curveballs at us all the time so it could even be Walt Jr who finally kills him in revenge for killing his Uncle Hank, and that would be one that Walt wouldn't see coming.

I know people should 'expect' spoilers from this thread but try and keep it the NSFW tags for atleast the first day after the episode has aired for any unsuspecting souls!

(not aimed at anyone specifically but just a general point)

I have used the tags but if someone reads a spoiler they're asking for it really by reading the latest comments before the watching the show. I wouldn't read this thread until I was fully up to date. Incidentally, the NSFW tags seem to have disappeared and it's only because I know how to tag NSFW that I have been able to use them on the new forum, if someone doesn't know how to do this, they can't really be blamed.

I just think that until last week, Walt has always managed to stay one step ahead. I do see what you're saying though and with what we know in that there are just three episodes left, he has to start making mistakes for the show to reach its conclusion.

Can't wait for these last three, no other show has completely grabbed my attention episode after episode the way this one has (apart from the one with the fly in the lab which was a bit shit).

I hated that episode too. I always thought it was the arty one that would get the awards, when in reality it was just shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I know people should 'expect' spoilers from this thread but try and keep it the NSFW tags for atleast the first day after the episode has aired for any unsuspecting souls!

(not aimed at anyone specifically but just a general point)

They should expect it though, you would have to be be a bit stupid to come in this thread on a Monday when you haven't watched it and not expect to see people talking about the latest episode.

Point taken though.