You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lille home game a chance to turn things around

Jens

The defeat against the French could be a blessing in disguise for this club.

If we turn things around and go through to the next round, there will be a buzz around the club again.

This could be the most important game of Rafa´s since we lost to Milan in Athens.

I am more affraid that if we´ll be lucky enough and will beat Manchester United next week, than Rafa would think that the season is saved because of this result.

But yes, also win on last matchday of the season can be a sign that the things have turned around.

We've had so many of these games, but it is important - if we lose at home I think it will be very hard for any of the players to get motivated. If we do win they may at least feel like they have a chance of a trophy and have something to play for, ie. a starting place as 4th is doing nothing to inspire them.

I am more affraid that if we´ll be lucky enough and will beat Manchester United next week, than Rafa would think that the season is saved because of this result.

if we go out of Europa as well then i'm not so sure

but yes say we beat Pompey and Lille and also the Mancs then Rafa will indeed believe he is the saviour of LFC

crisis what crisis?

There's no light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how hard you look or how much you want it. It's not there. We're turgid from top to bottom, on the field and off it.

I'll be amazed if we finish 4th, i'll be surprised if we get through against Lille next week (and even if we do, so what?), I won't be surprised when we struggle to a 1-goal win over Portsmouth on Monday night (if we're lucky) and I will be amazed if we don't get whopped off the pitch next Sunday by the Scum.

Sorry, but there's no cause for optimism. It's gone on too long. All the excuses have been put forward and rebuffed. It's the ref, it's the pitch, it's the injuries, it's the other teams' style, it's this, it's that. It's not - we're fucking shit. The past month has wiped any remianing optimism out.

Have you been to the Dirk Kuyt school of 'we'll turn things around' 'our season starts here' 'this can be a turning point'...

Fuck me, im sick of hearing how next games are a chance to turn it around, it was ok to say it in fucking November, 4 months later we still havent and were not going to.

But yes, also win on last matchday of the season can be a sign that the things have turned around.

if we go out of Europa as well then i'm not so sure

but yes say we beat Pompey and Lille and also the Mancs then Rafa will indeed believe he is the saviour of LFC

crisis what crisis?

Come on now. There's no point making stuff up to slag Rafa off, is there? He's clearly made mistakes this season and is culpable (as are a lot of the players), so there isn't any real need to start saying things like he'll think he's the saviour or the season is saved.

Fourth spot and winning the UEFA Cup will be a decent salvage from a horrendi season, but that doesn't stop the season being horrendi, it just means we've limited the damage. He's not going to think that's an incredible achievement, no-one will. It's important at this stage to try and build the team's confidence and go on a run, and then (lord knows how) build on that momentum with some well-placed signings in the summer.

Come on now. There's no point making stuff up to slag Rafa off, is there? He's clearly made mistakes this season and is culpable (as are a lot of the players), so there isn't any real need to start saying things like he'll think he's the saviour or the season is saved.

Fourth spot and winning the UEFA Cup will be a decent salvage from a horrendi season, but that doesn't stop the season being horrendi, it just means we've limited the damage. He's not going to think that's an incredible achievement, no-one will. It's important at this stage to try and build the team's confidence and go on a run, and then (lord knows how) build on that momentum with some well-placed signings in the summer.

But, with respect, that is crazy talk. I'll post a picture of myself naked on here if that happens.

Have you been to the Dirk Kuyt school of 'we'll turn things around' 'our season starts here' 'this can be a turning point'...

Fuck me, im sick of hearing how next games are a chance to turn it around, it was ok to say it in fucking November, 4 months later we still havent and were not going to.

If Dirk ever comes out with anything like that again i'll personally hunt him down and kick him in the nuts.

but finishing 4th WILL keep him in a job - or as much as keeping himself in a job is actually in his hands

personally i don't think we will get 4th

and i don't give 2 fucks about winning the Europa

It may keep him in a job but that's not his decision. I doubt he'll feel like he's done a wonderful job. I think he'd much prefer to be in the European Cup and with a shout of winning the league, don't you? I also think he's acutely aware that that's what the fans want, too.

I'd love us to win the UEFA cup, personally.

It may keep him in a job but that's not his decision. I doubt he'll feel like he's done a wonderful job. I think he'd much prefer to be in the European Cup and with a shout of winning the league, don't you? I also think he's acutely aware that that's what the fans want, too.

I'd love us to win the UEFA cup, personally.

BUT if he is so aware of what the fans want why is he still playing Lucas?

why is not letting the players 'ff the leash' as he did last year?

cos there is too much at risk for him on a personal level - that's why

Rafa is all about looking after no.1 - people seem to think that he subverting the owners from the inside or something - i think that's a load of bollocks

he's being £6m a year - has complete control over EVERYTHING

he knows he is onto a great thing here and he doesn't want it to end