You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How would you define "Glory Hunter"?

Rafa_The_Gaffa

Morning All !

This is my first post and its something thats been niggling at me for a LONG while. How would you guys define glory hunter? Would you label all chelsea fans glory hunters post abramovich or would you call a Barca fan from swansea a glory hunter? the reason i ask is my mates say i am a glory hunter even though i have supported liverpool fc since i was 4 (fast approaching 29 btw) and say i have no real connection to the club despite the fact it was one of the first strips i remember owning when i was a lad and i never really liked celtic or rangers. I dont think i am a glory hunter because if i was i am sure i would've jumped ship to the dark side (Scum utd) or supported the chavs)

What do you guys think?

One of my mates has supported Real Madrid, Man U, Chelsea, Barca and Porto.

Depending on who is winning at the time.

That is a glory fan, changing the team depending on who is winning.

I think glory hunter will be defined when we have our Leed's style meltdown. See who comes every week whn we're battling in league one. Or the third division as it actually is.

Might be able to get a seat not behind a fuckwit with a cocknet accent and a jester hat whose girlfriend is reading the programme, during the fucking game!

Cunts.

Hate them as much as any other plastic dickheads who 'support' the chavs or the scum.

Fuck them. football is not entertainment. It is faith, love, desire, pain, elation.

Fuck Sky, fuck pundits, fuck all those cunts with a view on OUR club. Cunts the lot of them.

Ah that's better. And relax...

Guest Numero Veinticinco
One other thing, there is never, and I mean NEVER an excuse to put a picture of that talentless career-wrecking scumbag Vinnie Jones on a Liverpool thread. Never.

Of course there is. What there isn't an excuse for is talking about us being in the third division.

Might be able to get a seat not behind a fuckwit with a cocknet accent and a jester hat whose girlfriend is reading the programme, during the fucking game!

Cunts.

Hate them as much as any other plastic dickheads who 'support' the chavs or the scum.

Fuck them. football is not entertainment. It is faith, love, desire, pain, elation.

Fuck Sky, fuck pundits, fuck all those cunts with a view on OUR club. Cunts the lot of them.

Ah that's better. And relax...

I 1000% agree with your hatred of the "corporate fan" cunts that are desecrating our game.

But I suspect we're gonna go where Spurs have been for many years( ie the 1st PLC). The ground will be have 30 odd thousand neutrals and corporates.

They won't mind being ripped off because it will all be an "Anfield Experience" with YNWA played every 10 mins thro the loudspeakers.Or some nightmare like that.

Personally I love my club( that doesnt really exist currently) too much to watch it turn into a money making, success avoiding parody of its former self. Thats why I won't go to matches, other than as part of a protest til the 2 pieces of shit are gone and preferably buried.

We won't have "glory hunters". It'll be "brand experience hunters".

Edited by RedLiberation!

Of course there is. What there isn't an excuse for is talking about us being in the third division.

I'm hoping that if I say it it wont come true. Like Brown becoming Prime minister, or George Bush having a son that he names after himself and becomes presi....oh hang on.

Erm ... or Manure ever catching our championship record. Oh. O.K. then, Manure having a stadium that holds over 76,000.

This is tricky isn't it.

Fuck it. I've been with our club since my birth in 1968. I will 'SUPPORT' them whatever happens. Personally I think we'll rck up 89 points and win the title on the last day and then.... oh shit.... I shouldn't have said that....this is a minefield.

gotta be chelsea. were did the 20 thousand odd new supporters come from over the last few years

There's an interesting stat in that "Why England Lose" book. 80% of Chelsea fans didn't support them in 2004. Useful ammunition for irritating any Chelsea fans you might meet.

Guys I say thanks for clearing that small matter up - am a proud red for 25 years and counting. It hurts seeing the club becoming a parody of itself with the two twunts, the £££'s of debt, players being linked with so called "bigger clubs" and an unstoppable freefall from grace into the oblivion that is blue square premier league football . Is there anyway we can resurrect either shanks or paisley to help us ?

someone who supports a club they have no real links to (family and location are what are real links imo)

it makes me sick the amount of people up and down the country support Man U for no reason, another definition of a glory supporter is someone who changes teams, someone who supports someone they have no links to who are crap and always have been are just weird

the no real links thing doesnt mean you aren't passioniate about the club and shouldnt change but you probably were a glory supporter at the time you chose to support us

Glory hunter = dying breed at Anfield.

Because I don't predict much glory on current outlooks

Their replacement = corporate brand experience customer.

I am proud to be a Liverpool fan.

Liverpool fans want to see Liverpool win trophies and be part of that. They dont want to win trophies with any team they support, they want to see Liverpool win.

That to me is not being a glory hunter.