You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Mathewbet1

Was reading a article on Google and it says 3 further call of duty's will be released by 2012, also the infinity ward guys who got sacked have set up their own company called Respawn Entertainment, it will be interesting to see what they come up with. I think Infinity ward have been the best Call of duty's and if these guys are elsewhere now it will be interesting to see what happens to the series now.

Doubt they'll be as good as the 2 MW's to be honest.

If the infinity ward ex directors win their court case, they will get the rights for the 'modern warfare' name and it will split from 'call of duty - modern warfare' and just become 'modern warfare' with no involvement from activision. Obviusly if activsition win then they will cotinue to churn out mw series with no input from the original infinity ward team and one would think the quality of the game would suffer as a result. The owners have hinted if they loose the court battle they'll just start from scratch and invent a new game, internet rumors suggesting a 'future warfare' series.

Started really badly online and my kill to death ratio suffered.

Now trying to bring it back to 1, as it is currently around 0.95.

Brilliant game, possibly the best ever.

• 1 month later...

The Resurgence map pack is now available to download on Live.

Xbox have a 30 day exclusivity on the map pack, so I'd imagine it will hit PSN on July 5th, or there abouts.

Same price as Stimulus as far as I'm aware.

Fucking hell, another cash in pack.

I'm busy on Red Dead so certainly won't be getting this yet if at all. Ten quid for three new maps and another two from COD 4 is a massive rip off.

Gaming - News - 'MW2: Resurgence' map pack detailed - Digital Spy

I understand your, and others, frustration with having to pay for maps you already own on COD 4, but did anyone honestly expect anything else from Activision?

I personally never owned/played COD 4, so all these maps are new to me and as such I'll pay the rate to see what all the fuss is/was about.

Instead of having a full pack to download, I'd rather have seen individual maps being made available for download at £2.50/£3 a pop, but I'd imagine that this would perhaps cause playlist issues, hence the need to download the full content.

I understand your, and others, frustration with having to pay for maps you already own on COD 4, but did anyone honestly expect anything else from Activision?

I personally never owned/played COD 4, so all these maps are new to me and as such I'll pay the rate to see what all the fuss is/was about.

Instead of having a full pack to download, I'd rather have seen individual maps being made available for download at £2.50/£3 a pop, but I'd imagine that this would perhaps cause playlist issues, hence the need to download the full content.

Same here, i never owned COD 4, MW2 is my first purchase in the series, so i dont mind maps being brought over. It still seems a bit steep for not much 'new' content, the GTA IV updates offered far more and were only 1500 points i think.

Guest TK-421

It used to be GBP 6.99 for three new maps on the other COD games. I don't mind them resurrecting the old ones, in fact it's great from a semi-nostalgic point of view. They also touch up the graphics a bit and change the odd feature of the landscape, so they are not identical to their COD4 counterparts.

It's all COD therefore it's all good.

Will there be any deal on both of the map packs together?

I think the value is disgusting, 22 pounds for both map packs. 10 maps where 4 of them are just revamped old maps, you get no new features and it cost more than half the cost of the actual game. They take the piss because they can, I'm sure there are some very rich individuals because of this game. (I'm not knocking the game just the price structure)

Will there be any deal on both of the map packs together?

I think the value is disgusting, 22 pounds for both map packs. 10 maps where 4 of them are just revamped old maps, you get no new features and it cost more than half the cost of the actual game. They take the piss because they can, I'm sure there are some very rich individuals because of this game. (I'm not knocking the game just the price structure)

Not heard of any plans for any such deals, though I wouldn't be surprised if they did so a month or two after release on all platforms, and after the majority have forked out for both packs individually. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see anything.

How many maps are in the new pack and are any of them from MW?

5 maps in total, 2 making a comeback from COD4.

The maps are Carnival, Fuel, Strike, Trailer Park and Vacant.

As you can see, Strike and Vacant are the maps to port across to MW2 from COD4.

Not heard of any plans for any such deals, though I wouldn't be surprised if they did so a month or two after release on all platforms, and after the majority have forked out for both packs individually. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see anything.

Cheers Dynamite, the map packs look really good too!

I was loving your causal swearing when dieing earlier, I'm exactly the same.