You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Mathewbet1

Guest ShoePiss

I'm still playing this, didn't bother with black ops as I thought it would be poo.

Anyway a strange thing happened online today, I joined a TDM game and was able to run around lightening fast, jump high on top of buildings and at the end of the game it unlocked everything I hadn't unlocked. It said something about 'god mode' and also it appeared that the host of the game was able to choose all kinds of settings I hadn't seen before.

Anyone seen this before?

I'm still playing this, didn't bother with black ops as I thought it would be poo.

Anyway a strange thing happened online today, I joined a TDM game and was able to run around lightening fast, jump high on top of buildings and at the end of the game it unlocked everything I hadn't unlocked. It said something about 'god mode' and also it appeared that the host of the game was able to choose all kinds of settings I hadn't seen before.

Anyone seen this before?

Modded lobby mate.

MW2 and Black Ops are being hacked to pieces on PS3 right now, which I'm actually disappointed to read about.

It was bad enough with all the boosters and lag switchers beforehand, but now that modded lobbies have found their way onto PSN, CoD will probably go quite a way down my list of games to play when I finally get back round to getting online again.

I know a few people on here are pleased that the PS3 security seems to have been cracked, but not me. Part of the reason I binned the 360 was to get away from all the hacking and shite that goes on.

Guest ShoePiss
Modded lobby mate.

MW2 and Black Ops are being hacked to pieces on PS3 right now, which I'm actually disappointed to read about.

It was bad enough with all the boosters and lag switchers beforehand, but now that modded lobbies have found their way onto PSN, CoD will probably go quite a way down my list of games to play when I finally get back round to getting online again.

I know a few people on here are pleased that the PS3 security seems to have been cracked, but not me. Part of the reason I binned the 360 was to get away from all the hacking and shite that goes on.

Thought it might be that, seemed a bit pointless as it completely ruined the game. Annoying that everything is now unlocked when I wanted to work through the remaining things too.

Anyone seen this before?

Yep, happened me too. Another of my teammates was choosing my weapons. Had two thumpers, one in each hand with unlimited ammo & a laser on both. Had an RPG with unlimited ammo too.

I quit, but the menu changed and I was getting poxy messages about hacks & jailbreaking coming up in the middle of my screen during the next TDM I played. Haven't been on it since, if this is the norm now, they can shove it.

MW2 is unplayable now. All mod lobbies and everyone uses launchers/n00btube. I went on and every death was from a launcher/tube. RIP, all time classic.

It is ruined.....ruined I tells ya!

Is there any similar shenanigans on Black Ops?

If there isn't already, there soon will be.

As soon as I read that the PS3 had been hacked, this is what I worried about, and I fear that it will only get worse, unless Sony can put a patch in place to stop the hacking.

It is ruined.....ruined I tells ya!

Is there any similar shenanigans on Black Ops?

I haven't come across it yet.

Al, is it not a case of Activision switching off the MW2 servers? It seems like it's exclusively mod to me - it always has the name of the host on the screen. I can't get into any "normal" lobbies at all.

I haven't come across it yet.

Al, is it not a case of Activision switching off the MW2 servers? It seems like it's exclusively mod to me - it always has the name of the host on the screen. I can't get into any "normal" lobbies at all.

Could well be that both Activision and IW will have to do work on the servers, but the modding has increased exponentially since people have been able to hack the proprietary PS3 security. At least that's what I've read anyway.

To my mind, it will probably require all parties to knuckle down to stop the PS3 becoming like the 360 in terms of modded lobbies and hacking. CoD games are usually the worst affected, but the modding will spread across to other games in time.

Grrrr. Definitely with you on the modding stance - it sucks. I don't know why people would want to mess with their machine and have hundreds of games, I don't even get time to play all the ones I buy. However, downloading music and movies is perfectly acceptable.

I really have no problem with modding and all that shite at all, but only when those lobbies are kept private, not when the average gamer just wants to have a shot on a game that they've forked out money to buy.

As soon as mods hit public lobbies, games turn to shite. There will be a swell of modded lobbies for a good while, then it will seemingly dissipate, but this will only be due to people looking to mod different games.

How are they able to host games? Just thinking if they can do it so can everyone without having the stupid cheats?

Luck of the draw really mate. You'll get non-modded lobbies, but I'd expect them to be quite rare at the moment, as every kid and their dog will be trying out the latest and greatest mods because their mates are doing it.

What modders don't realise is, that through their effoerts to cheat the game, normal players will start complaining to the publishers, Activision in this case, and rightly so. People will be requesting security patches and dedicated servers to play the games on normally, but this will only lead to one thing in my eyes. Online subscription fees.

Despite the millions, or billions, of dollars gaming publisher get title after title, there is no way that they will provide dedicated servers to the masses without getting something extra in return. No way.

People will pay the subs if they are guaranteed 24/7 support, and hack/mod free environments to play in.

Perhaps it's no coincidence that the subject of online gaming subs has popped up lately, considering the press that modders and hackers are receiving right now?

For me, the ball is rolling, and it won't be too long before online subs do become a reality, despite what publishers may be saying right now.

I've been hitting Black Ops mostly and just the odd MW2 session now and again but not had any modded lobbies before.

I did have one not long after I had the game which was on Skid Row and if you jumped you ended up on the roofs, I can't see the point in it all. The game was just shit and I ended up quitting after about 30 seconds as you just couldn't tell what was going on. I'd like to see if gotten rid off somehow as I am still enjoying dipping into MW2 now and again.

For me, the ball is rolling, and it won't be too long before online subs do become a reality, despite what publishers may be saying right now.

That was my feeling with that thing you posted the other day, just smacks to me of the opening gambit, Activision say they have to turn the servers off, everyone complains then they come back with "well if you paid........" and they start the subs. Mind you I am a cynical bugger at the best of times so tend to be distrusting of these people.

I find the idea of subscriptions for individual games offensive to my core gaming values. I buy a game, I get to play it online. That's always been the deal. It was a unique selling point of the PS3.

I think it's heading towards online subs too. I wouldn't be surprised if the bad Black Ops online experience is used by them to encourage people to shell out again.

Thought had crossed my mind that there would be a "we could have faster dedicated servers if your paid" situation.

I find the idea of subscriptions for individual games offensive to my core gaming values. I buy a game, I get to play it online. That's always been the deal. It was a unique selling point of the PS3.

Couldn't agree more mate, but unfortunately, as the console gets hacked and games are modded, the only way I can see the problem being controlled and resolved is through subcscription fees.

The most likely of which will be for individual titles by the publishers of said games, as I really can't see Sony changing the PSN experience. As you quite rightly say, it is one of the unique selling points for the console.

Yep, happened me too. Another of my teammates was choosing my weapons. Had two thumpers, one in each hand with unlimited ammo & a laser on both. Had an RPG with unlimited ammo too.

I quit, but the menu changed and I was getting poxy messages about hacks & jailbreaking coming up in the middle of my screen during the next TDM I played. Haven't been on it since, if this is the norm now, they can shove it.

Sounds like a Aimbot too.

Couldn't agree more mate, but unfortunately, as the console gets hacked and games are modded, the only way I can see the problem being controlled and resolved is through subcscription fees.

The most likely of which will be for individual titles by the publishers of said games, as I really can't see Sony changing the PSN experience. As you quite rightly say, it is one of the unique selling points for the console.

I'd much rather pay a flat rate fee for something like X-Box live than give extra money to greedy publishers.

I played in some shitty mod lobby where the host elevator jumped out of the map and shot everyone from the sky above through walls with a desert eagle and aimbot. I swore to make it my last ever MW2 experience. Grr.

I'd much rather pay a flat rate fee for something like X-Box live than give extra money to greedy publishers.

I would tend to agree with you there, however it has always been worse on the 360, and will always remain worse.

Personally, I'd rather these hackers take a run and jump, preferably off the end of a very high cliff or building....