You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM10 Network Game

Allan

Them rules are good but need to wait till the full games out to see if theirs any extra options to help us cut down time. In relation to the transfer part, it will be difficult to place a capping system because some people will need to strengthen their squads more than others. One possible solution could be some kind of set time limit per turn when the transfer window is open. (Of corse if your Chelsea then no problems - cant sign till 2011!)

I understand the transfer conundrum, but this is where the most time is lost as people go negotiating left, right and centre.

As far as the Chelsea thing goes, I didn't think they were implementing it due to the ruling being contested?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gowldilocks.

I'm in unless I find the game shit, I'm downloading the demo now, should be done in a couple of minutes, I'll see how it is.

Nice one.

As Woo has said, people will need time to get to grips with the game, so any large scale network game won't be started for a while yet, plus we do need to iron a few things out before we get going as well, rules wise.

The good thing about the network games is purely the head 2 heads with the other participants, gives a more realistic sense of competition rather than just playing against the same AI all the time, game after game, season after season.

So we now have the following confirmed;

Kopitelewis

Dynamite

Simon

Skidders

Woo

Yozzer

Malarkey

Gowldilocks

The Chelsea transfer ban has been introduced but you are still able to buy players in the opening window. After September 1st you cant buy anyone until 2011. I suppose thats fair because it allows the player to buy their own players and at the same time keeps a sense of realism.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm out. Sorry about this, I've healed up quicker than I thought I would, was really looking forward to this as well.

Kopitelewis

Dynamite

Simon

Skidders

Woo

Yozzer

Malarkey

Richie T

No problem, thanks for letting us know.

As has been said earlier in the thread, I doubt we'll get this network game going until everyone has had time to get used to the "improvements" in this version.

• 2 weeks later...

Would like to start putting some thought into how we are going to progress this when we get going. I'm looking around January, before the January transfer updates are released.

The obvious problem is playing times. With everyone having their own commitments, times when everyone is available are very hard to come by.

based on the FM09 network game, Wednesday evenings seem to be the best day to play, though I'm sure that it may not suit everyone involved this time round.

The other aspect is the approach we take. Do we all go into the same league with teams selected from hat, or do we split the numbers into 2 countries? This would be my preference, but would like those interested to voice their preferences and opinions.

Cheers,

Allan.

• 3 weeks later...

When are we going to get this started? I won't be getting the game until christmas but I think we should start after the final patch is released.

As for who goes where, I vote we split everyone into 2 leagues Allan.

Kopitelewis

Dynamite

Simon

Skidders

Woo

Yozzer

Malarkey

Richie T

4 or 5 in England then 3 or 4 in Spain/Italy/Wales.

If people want to put down which league they would prefer to manage in then we could get a draw going of who gets which team.

When are we going to get this started? I won't be getting the game until christmas but I think we should start after the final patch is released.

As for who goes where, I vote we split everyone into 2 leagues Allan.

Kopitelewis

Dynamite

Simon

Skidders

Woo

Yozzer

Malarkey

Richie T

4 or 5 in England then 3 or 4 in Spain/Italy/Wales.

If people want to put down which league they would prefer to manage in then we could get a draw going of who gets which team.

We'll be waiting for a while if we have to wait for that!

I'm happy to kick this off after the new year.

If the the numbers are still as healthy as they are now, I'll defo look into splitting into 2 leagues, as evenly as possible of course.

Final patch is around mid February isn't it?

Not sure mate, but one thing is for certain, they really need to pull their fingers out their arses and sort out the bugs that I've experienced whilst playing.

I would like to know how much beta testing they done before the release, and if the testers are being retained, because they missed several big fucking bugs!

I don't buy the game until christmas because that is when a patch is out and a second is on the way. Solves a lot of problems.

So they claim, same every year mate.

The whole point of beta testing is to eradicate major bugs from the game, which they have failed to do this time round. I know you're obviously going to have a few bugs slip through, but for the major bugs to slip through just makes me think they've pushed the game out without proper testing.

There was patch released on release day as well, which again speaks volumes of how poor they've been this time round for me.

What bugs are on it Allan?

The main bugs I've come across are:

Keepers kicking the ball out for a corner when they have the ball in hand.

Offsides given when no one is offside, or when defenders have passed the ball back to the keeper.

Substitution of keepers for no reason, only seen this one twice so far.

On other forums, there are reports of people having seen keepers throw the ball into their own net, I've yet to come across this, but there were enough people that mentioned this that I fully expect to see it soon enough.

You've also got the fixture problems at the start of a season when a few teams only play 1 game in the opening weeks while others have played 3 or 4.

There are other smaller XML parsing bugs that seem to get through every version, ones that don't really affect the game experience, but are annoying all the same.